Metal Storm logo
Nunslaughter

27.05.2009 - 19:55
ForeverDarkWoods
I'm surprised to not find a thread on these guys on the forums. Nunslaughter, for those of you who do not know, is an awesome old-school death metal band from the states with a fuckton of releases from 1987 to the present day. I'm really surprised about the fact that searching for them here on the boards doesn't turn up anything, seeing as they are completely fucking awesome.

Their music is straight back to the very roots old school as fuck. Hell, their 00s releases sound more old school than some early 90s releases do, and as you move back through their discography, their music just gets darker, heavier, dirtier and more evil-sounding. The music ranges from a slow, heavy as fuck crawl to a blistering fast as hell blastfest all within a single song, and these guys sure as hell knows how to write evil-sounding and heavy riffs. Their songs are usually very short (usually clocking in at under 2 minutes), but they are none the less very enjoyable, and there are a lot of them.

Sure, the band has somewhat of a joke-like image with their lyrics (which are often so much "Satan Satan blood gore blaargh blood gore gore Satan" that they just become laughable), but this is not a reason not to enjoy their music. This is old school death metal straight in your face, and this is an underrated band that deserves respect solely on the basis of making so god damned heavy music.

Now for a little lyrical sample:

"Nuns in the church find one kneeling
Look at the cross with God she is dealing
I will kill her her holy lie
Right in front of God this nun must die
I approach her now where do I start
Fucked on the altar I rip her apart
I eat her brains now she's dead
I fuck her again and smash her head"

Enjoy and discuss (unless the search is fucked up and there is another topic, in which case feel free to delete this one).
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
27.05.2009 - 21:19
Ernis
狼獾
The lyrics are enough to make me not interested in this band.......I'm afraid the music ain't going to be any much grander either....
27.05.2009 - 21:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Man nah is tgis abnd who has about 500 realises, I dont like it it remainds me death metal Sabbat(Jap)
If someone owns in this site all legal realises Im reday show him my face ...
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.05.2009 - 22:12
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Ernis on 27.05.2009 at 21:19

The lyrics are enough to make me not interested in this band.......I'm afraid the music ain't going to be any much grander either....

You'd be surprised. The level of the music greatly surpasses the level of the lyrics. If you like straightforward old school death metal that is.

Written by Bad English on 27.05.2009 at 21:32

Man nah is tgis abnd who has about 500 realises, I dont like it it remainds me death metal Sabbat(Jap)
If someone owns in this site all legal realises Im reday show him my face ...

You don't need to own everything. The full lengths are the best releases really, plus a few of the EPs that are worth having. You don't need all releases. There aren't that many full lengths, and those are spectacular, yet very straightforward, old school dm.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
28.05.2009 - 02:08
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't really like these guys. I own Radio Damnation and Goat, but can't really get into both of them. Radio Damnation would be good if they cut out all the stupid filler by the dumbass vocalist, but unless I haven't given it a chance yet, Goat is completely worthless.
01.06.2009 - 18:01
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Dangerboner on 28.05.2009 at 02:08

I don't really like these guys. I own Radio Damnation and Goat, but can't really get into both of them. Radio Damnation would be good if they cut out all the stupid filler by the dumbass vocalist, but unless I haven't given it a chance yet, Goat is completely worthless.

Goat isn't one of their better records, but it'äs not completely worthless. Their overall best record would be the debut full-length, Hell's Unholy Fire.

As for Radio Damnation, that's a live recording, so all the stupid talking that the vocalist is up to can be avoided by getting the non-live recording stuff.

Nunslaughter's live recordings can sound a bit entertaining sometimes (see One Night In Hell for a reference), but their studio stuff is usually better.
----
20.12.2011 - 01:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Nunslaughter's split EP with Japanese black/thrash metal outfit Samurai, called Fucking Satan has been limited to 366 hand-numbered copies (vinyl only).

The first 44 copies sold come with a printed t-shirt too.

----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.12.2011 - 21:43
vezzy
Stallmanite
Nunslaughter are the shit. Nothing is more Satanic cult death than them. Incantation fans whine.

Nice album art too. I wouldn't wanna fuck entrails though.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
20.12.2011 - 21:54
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
It's true, Nunslaughter are in a league of their own.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.12.2011 - 21:59
vezzy
Stallmanite
I love Incantation too though, but Nunslaughter will always be the soundtrack to my annual world class Satanic virgin sacrifice (free barbecue and beer to all guests).
----
20.12.2011 - 22:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Heard a few tracks of this band and thought it was pretty atrocious crap. I can only assume their name is propelling them.
20.12.2011 - 22:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 20.12.2011 at 22:12

Heard a few tracks of this band and thought it was pretty atrocious crap. I can only assume their name is propelling them.

They are terrible. I don't understand the praise they keep on getting, same applies for sadistik Exekution and Nifelheim
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.12.2011 - 22:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I can understand why people don't like them. Personally I enjoy the grimy/old school sound they have.
----
20.12.2011 - 22:21
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.12.2011 at 22:17
sadistik Exekution

How can you compare them? Sadistik Exekution is just horrible. Nunslaughter are definitely more.
----
20.12.2011 - 22:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

They are terrible. I don't understand the praise they keep on getting, same applies for sadistik Exekution and Nifelheim

I'm glad you don't like ths. I can understand why you like old school death but this band is just below anyone's tastes.
20.12.2011 - 22:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by vezzy on 20.12.2011 at 22:21

sadistik Exekution

How can you compare them? Sadistik Exekution is just horrible. Nunslaughter are definitely more.

Nunslaughter are just as crap.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996