Metal Storm logo
Daft Punk

14.06.2009 - 11:15
Elio
Red Nightmare
Anyone into this awesome band? They might sound more commercial or worse than other electronic projects as Stendeck, Aphex Twin or Boards Of Canada but they are funny as hell. Best releases in my opinion: Discovery and Alive 2007. So, what do you guys think of them?
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
14.06.2009 - 21:21
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I like them somehow
14.06.2009 - 22:12
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Diabolos on 14.06.2009 at 21:21

I like them somehow

you spammer!

i remember when first came out when i was at school i think all the other guys from my class really liked them, but in that time i wasn't into electronic music, so i never payed to much attention to them. i just listened to their most famus songs that they played on the radio (which i don't recall the names, btw), but that was it. even now, i don't really find much interest in them. other thing is that people seemed to went crazy for the videos, but i've never thought that they that cool or anything
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
17.06.2009 - 01:45
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
They have a few cool tunes here and there...I always liked their videos and the concepts behind them rather than the songs themselves...
20.12.2009 - 11:45
Cyroth
I really like them
----
21.02.2010 - 14:43
Roro
I am not following their albums but i liked them .i remeber the sequence of their videos and it was like a full movie but seperated and each time i saw one video i was interested to see the rest of the story. i guess i loved the idea and the cartoon :p
18.08.2010 - 15:18
Wishmaster
Account deleted
They are very fun to listen to. I like them. Imho, I like Homework, Discovery, and Human After All. All of them. haha
I think they're funny.
I always wondered why they put those power rangers' helmets on all the time?
30.08.2010 - 05:38
the stranger
Written by Roro on 21.02.2010 at 14:43

I am not following their albums but i liked them .i remeber the sequence of their videos and it was like a full movie but seperated and each time i saw one video i was interested to see the rest of the story. i guess i loved the idea and the cartoon :p

I feel the same about the Discovery videos. It's the only album of them I've ever heard and the only one I think will ever listen to. Those songs are great hits. Make me feel like a kid almost every time I listen to them.
03.09.2010 - 21:49
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by the stranger on 30.08.2010 at 05:38

I feel the same about the Discovery videos. It's the only album of them I've ever heard and the only one I think will ever listen to. Those songs are great hits. Make me feel like a kid almost every time I listen to them.

well if you liked them, why don't you try the other stuff too?
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
05.09.2010 - 22:07
the stranger
Written by Elio on 03.09.2010 at 21:49

Written by the stranger on 30.08.2010 at 05:38

well if you liked them, why don't you try the other stuff too?

I don't have an answer for that question. Most probable because the people I know that listen to Daft Punk never really liked the other stuff or haven't told me as much about it as Discovery.
05.09.2010 - 23:56
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by the stranger on 05.09.2010 at 22:07

I don't have an answer for that question. Most probable because the people I know that listen to Daft Punk never really liked the other stuff or haven't told me as much about it as Discovery.

Don't trust other people

tbh I think Homework is even better. Discovery is the poppy side, Homework the party hard one. It depends on which one you like the most.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
06.09.2010 - 05:58
the stranger
Written by Elio on 05.09.2010 at 23:56

Written by the stranger on 05.09.2010 at 22:07

Don't trust other people

tbh I think Homework is even better. Discovery is the poppy side, Homework the party hard one. It depends on which one you like the most.

Then, I shouldn't trust what you've posted.
I'll try to get my hands on that one and come back with comments.
08.07.2011 - 22:48
bj_waters
Daft Punk is definitely a fascinating band in terms of House and Techno music. I admit that Discovery is my favorite but then I like a lot of Techno Pop so it's not a huge surprise. Homework was rather repetitive and Human After All suffered a little from that too. I haven't sat down and listened to the Tron Soundtrack yet, but when I saw that movie I wasn't particularly impressed (probably to busy watching the special effects and wanting a Tron Cycle).
17.07.2011 - 00:07
Kanto
I've heard some songs from Human After All, nice work must say. Daft Punk is a very good duo, and I'm not exactly a techno/electronic guy, but Discovery has that "thing" that make them cool
----
...Dude.
26.08.2011 - 07:56
Glaucus
I really enjoyed Daft Punk's contribution to Tron: Legacy, a movie that I thought was totally kickass, only more so due to the music!

However, I really don't like a lot of what Daft Punk does with their 'actual' albums.

A few good tunes here and there, but I do respect their presence that they have in the Electronic community. Plus, I think their concepts for live performances are top notch, regardless.
----
"Pretty easy work, for a God." - Freya ~ Valkyrie Profile
27.08.2011 - 00:36
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I'm not a fan, nor really know the music but my BF gave me to listen the Tron:Legacy OST and that stuff is superb. Srsly, Oscar material music. Love listening to it when driving to break the usual playlist.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
08.09.2011 - 16:03
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Love Daft Punk. I'd trade half the albums in my metal collection for "Discovery", which is one of the greatest albums of all time, "Digital Love" being on of the best songs ever written. Not a big fan of "Human After All" and "Tron: Legacy OST", but their earlier work is simply divine.