Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - First New Album Details

Heavy metal institution Megadeth have announced "Endgame" as the title of their twelfth studio album. The album is expected to be released in September through Roadrunner Records. It was recorded at the band's self-built brand new studio, Vic's Garage, located near San Diego and named after the legendary and iconic Vic Rattlehead character.

"Endgame" is being produced by Andy Sneap and Dave Mustaine, who also manned the boards for 2007's "United Abominations". Some track titles include "Headcrusher," "1,320'," "How the Story Ends" and "This Day We Fight!"

"Endgame" boasts the technicality, ferocity and snarl that's synonymous with Megadeth and their leader, Dave Mustaine. It's a violent masterwork that represents Mustaine's best work in nearly two decades. In a musical world dominated by bands that make generic blanket statements, "Endgame" finds Mustaine, once again, making informed and substantial lyrical declarations about the state of the world we live in.

Mustaine himself commented on "Endgame", saying, "Thematically, I've never been known to be a silent bystander in a world that needs our participation. As more is revealed about our former President's legacy, a little-known yet staggeringly frightening document, which was signed into law, named "Endgame", has been uncovered. The album "Endgame" is the most energetic music offering I have penned in over a decade and is far more believable than knowing someone signed "Endgame" - the document - into law. The album is also the perfect 'ass- kicking' music to listen to once you are done reading the aforementioned document!"

In short, it's the Megadeth record fans of classics like "So Far?So Good?So What?" and "Rust in Peace" have been chomping at the bit for.

"This new album is my proudest moment since the famous (or infamous) "Rust in Peace" album," Mustaine also said. "With this album I am also very excited to be introducing my new lead guitarist Chris Broderick to the world. I have always felt lucky to have had top shredders in that position but after touring with Chris in support of my last album, I couldn't wait to get into the studio and see what he could do."

Source: megadeth.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 19.06.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 29   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 262 users
19.06.2009 - 16:46
MinaJunior (MKD)
Account deleted
Yeah...Great News!! I Believe that will be good album like Rust In Peace
19.06.2009 - 16:55
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
The title is like it is their last album...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
19.06.2009 - 16:59
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Guest on 19.06.2009 at 16:46

Yeah...Great News!! I Believe that will be good album like Rust In Peace

Don't put too much expectations on this or you'll have the worst letdown of your life.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
19.06.2009 - 17:21
lord artan
Yeah...Great News!! i love megadeth and am wait for this album
19.06.2009 - 17:36
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Wow wow wow, I hope that the album will be as big as Mustaine's mouth, saying it will be like "Rust In Peace" or "So Far..." is quite reckless IMO. Just this time do not ask Cristina Scabbia to sing on this album
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
19.06.2009 - 17:49
iMorphball
I have pretty good expectations for this one, hopefully it won't disappoint!
19.06.2009 - 18:35
juanopereira
I also want to listen the new album!!
19.06.2009 - 18:59
bauer
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!

MEGASHIT rules!
----
Hello, mirror, so glad to see you my friend
19.06.2009 - 19:12
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I agree with Elio. the fact they mention "fans of classic records like..." is a warning. that seems to be all the rage with bands recently, Slayer's last (good, their best in 15 years, but a far cry from their classics), Metallica's last (ok, but their best in almost 20 years)... should mean a good album, but if you expect RIB2/MOP2/Peaces Sells2, you will be letdown.

but that's just a guess. maybe MegaDave can pull it off and do what his other Big Four compadres have come up short in doing.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
19.06.2009 - 20:01
Got Mayhem?
Hm...alot of big talk there. hopefully it'll all work out
----
19.06.2009 - 20:56
Written by BitterCOld on 19.06.2009 at 19:12

I agree with Elio. the fact they mention "fans of classic records like..." is a warning. that seems to be all the rage with bands recently, Slayer's last (good, their best in 15 years, but a far cry from their classics), Metallica's last (ok, but their best in almost 20 years)... should mean a good album, but if you expect RIB2/MOP2/Peaces Sells2, you will be letdown.

but that's just a guess. maybe MegaDave can pull it off and do what his other Big Four compadres have come up short in doing.

I think this album should be great and this is the first time Mustain is comparing one of his latest albums to the past glory ones. on the last two he always said "This is not Rust in Peace part 2". So let's hope this is great UA was very average and TSHF was better than that one, but it lacked the magic to become a classic.
19.06.2009 - 21:33
I really wanna see what Chris puts on the table for this album, hope they deliver and more!!
19.06.2009 - 22:36
thesabbathfan
I loved United Abominations, can't wait for this!

I can't believe I'm actually letting myself trust Dave Mustaine
----
20.06.2009 - 01:21
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Didn't Dave say the same exact thing about (at least) the last two albums he released? About it being his proudest moment since Rust in Peace or whatever...
20.06.2009 - 01:41
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 19.06.2009 at 17:21

Let's see!! with Chris Broderick will have awesome solos & shredding!!

Their last album had awesome solos and shredding, but it still sucked. haha it sounded so awkward when Glenn Drover would shred like crazy in the middle of a slow to midpaced, boring heavy metal song, which was pretty much the whole album.

Chris Broderick is definitely a savage though
20.06.2009 - 01:49
Muhannad Saleh
www.jorzine.com
Great news i cant wait for this one .
20.06.2009 - 05:13
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Sounds promising... I do hope they manage to redeem themselves
----
loves 小巫
20.06.2009 - 08:03
Eddie Misery
Eh..Chris Broderick will be the best thing on the album imo, and I still think he was better with Nevermore. I'll definitely be interested in hearing the album when it's released, in any case.
20.06.2009 - 13:26
In Bone Factory
Yeah.Dave's rules.when is the release date?
----
The End Is Nigh ...
20.06.2009 - 15:46
Mindheist
No Longer Human
I've always thought that Megadeth are like Xasthur, as both of them tend to release large amount of albums within a short period of time. Let's face it, United Abominations was below the expectations, a botched job. But clearly Dave wants to redeem himself on this one.

I can't wait to hear Dave's "proudest moment" since Rust In Peace . Good luck.
21.06.2009 - 03:30
Symmachus
Well, those song titles do sound like something straight from Megadeth. Let's hope this one's great.
21.06.2009 - 09:20
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Dave for president! >:[
21.06.2009 - 13:30
Warman
Erotic Stains
Megadeth is my Metallica.
----
22.06.2009 - 05:44
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Warman on 21.06.2009 at 13:30

Megadeth is my Metallica.

seconded haha
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
23.06.2009 - 01:20
Already dead
Account deleted
I love their song Promises...
23.06.2009 - 09:51
Ghost Blader
Megadeth is my Megadeth! Metallica is not as good as it was. even though their last album was ok, they still not as good as they were.
----
For all the Ones, Who seek their "Dawn", My Wrath i Breed, My Wrath i Spawn!
23.06.2009 - 09:59
Keiheji
Written by Deaththrasher999 on 19.06.2009 at 20:56

Written by BitterCOld on 19.06.2009 at 19:12

I think this album should be great and this is the first time Mustain is comparing one of his latest albums to the past glory ones. on the last two he always said "This is not Rust in Peace part 2". So let's hope this is great UA was very average and TSHF was better than that one, but it lacked the magic to become a classic.

But thats exactly why im sure this will be a great album. Mustaine's ultimate goal was to leave Metallica in the shadows, and outshine them at points where they failed miserably. sounds childish im sure but most are right when they say that mustaine barely compares any of his albums. if he does this time, it should be interesting
23.06.2009 - 17:04
Demonmayonnaise
Im looking forward to this one for sure. I know it wont be half as good as Peace Sells, but it should still be a decent release.
23.06.2009 - 17:10
terrorist
It's going to be great album.Can't wait to hear solos from Chris:)
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related

Hits total: 5113 | This month: 8