Metal Storm logo
Diablo Swing Orchestra - New Album Details Revealed, Song Online

Original news, posted on 01.07.2009

Ascendance Records press release

Here's the cover art for the upcoming Diablo Swing Orchestra album "Sing-Along Songs For The Damned And Delirious", out in Europe on the 21st September. It was made by the acclaimed Swedish illustrator Peter Bergting, most notable for his work with the graphic novel Gängkrig which is a #1 bestseller in Sweden right now.

The album will come in two editions for the stores. The "normal" edition will be a 4-panel digipac containing the CD and a 12 page booklet and a "special" edition, limited to just 2000 copies, in a gorgeous 8 panel digipac containing the CD, a 12 page booklet and a Bonus DVD featuring all sorts of goodies like live footage, behind the scenes, photo albums and whatever else can be crammed in!

A "very special" edition will be available directly from Ascendance by mail order only, with an individually numbered band logo Dog Tag pendant, a set of postcards and a vinyl sticker included with the CD/DVD version. This will be stricly limited to 300 copies and details for pre-order will be on the Ascendance Myspace soon.

Having now heard the full album we can assure you that old fans of the band will not be disappointed at all. It's got all the elements that made "The Butcher's Ballroom" such a success, but they've also built on those themes and taken the sound to new and uncharted territory. In short: You're going to love it!

As previously announced the band will be playing a launch party show in London on October 2nd at the Purple Turtle, Camden. The venue has a limited capacity and tickets are selling fast! I know it seems a long time away but I suggest you get your tickets sooner rather than later to avoid potential disappointment.

Tickets are available in advance from Seetickets. Alternatively you can avoid postage costs and booking fees by buying directly from us at this location. We won't be issuing physical tickets, but we'll keep your name(s) at the door for when you arrive.

UPDATED, on 08.07.2009

A preview track from Diablo Swing Orchestra, called "A Tapdancer's Dilema", is now available for streaming on the band's MySpace page. The song comes from the bands' new album, "Sing-Along Songs For The Damned & Delirious", to be released on 21st September 2009.

UPDATE

Diablo Swing Orchestra have announced the tracklist and complete cover artwork for their upcoming album "Sing-Along Songs For The Damned & Delirious".

01. A Tapdancer's Dilemma
02. A Rancid Romance
03. Lucy Fears The Morning Star
04. Bedlam Sticks
05. New World Widows
06. Siberian Love Affairs
07. Vodka Inferno
08. Memoirs Of A Roadkill
09. Ricerca Dell'anima
10. Stratosphere Serenade

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Diablo Swing Orchestra
Posted: 17.08.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 46   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 255 users
01.07.2009 - 14:40
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Wow... the cover art is... unexpected.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
01.07.2009 - 15:57
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
It looks horrible :p

But I'm really looking forwards to the album, I'm really curious as to how it will be
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
01.07.2009 - 17:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
@ the cover art, reminds me of the "Covert Brutality" concept present in some comics here lol
01.07.2009 - 19:45
N.G.J
The cover looks scary.
now for the us release date.
01.07.2009 - 20:00
EquilibriuMTR
Account deleted
The guys on the cover look surely delirius:)
01.07.2009 - 20:07
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
Elite
Written by K✞ulu on 01.07.2009 at 14:40

Wow... the cover art is... unexpected.

Yeah, i would say it's a surprise ... but a good surprise

I actually like it, very colorful and a contrast from their previous cd

And about the music, well, we can only wait for it
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
01.07.2009 - 20:59
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Wow. The cover art is raw as fuck. Looking forward to this album. There first was pretty fucking tasty.
01.07.2009 - 22:40
Symmachus
I never thought I'd see an album cover like that for a metal band. That is fantastic album artwork.
01.07.2009 - 22:50
jadawal
Butchers ballroom was sick but it had it's pop elements. We'll see how commercial their third release is....if not this one.
01.07.2009 - 22:56
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Damn... I love the cover art. It's just fucking weird that you have to like it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
01.07.2009 - 23:13
schwanderen
Fucks up with that cover art? I thought the band hit a really sweet note on their first album, borth music and image wise. I mean, Diablo swing orchestra just perfectly sums up their sound, and so did their first cover. What this cover reflects is "Weve gone big and we dont give a fuck", so one can only hope the album lives up to that statement - because it doe'snt look weird or messed up. Think the one who desriped it as unexpected hit it pretty well.
01.07.2009 - 23:17
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Whata hell... Didnt see anything so great about the artwork... Looks like those Anal cunt ''picnic of love'' stuff..
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
01.07.2009 - 23:46
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Lol....cute.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.07.2009 - 00:01
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Twack out black out for sure? i wonder if Peter Bergting has a drug problem
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
02.07.2009 - 00:06
Enissa
The artwork is very hilarious..!!!! I kinda like it, looking forward for this album
02.07.2009 - 00:18
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Looks really kiddy
----
loves 小巫
02.07.2009 - 02:37
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
The artwork looks... creepy.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
02.07.2009 - 07:27
MrEddieG
Can't get any more metal than this.
02.07.2009 - 08:13
Amonisis
I think they are trying to appeal to an unsuspecting younger audience, to blindsight them with awesomeness
02.07.2009 - 08:27
Fhuesc
What a great April Fools that cover would had been.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
02.07.2009 - 08:59
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Lol....scary.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
05.07.2009 - 04:08
Uller
Makes me thing of fallout 3
----
08.07.2009 - 17:00
MetalManic
Written by Uller on 05.07.2009 at 04:08

Makes me thing of fallout 3

First thought that came to my mind too
08.07.2009 - 17:08
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Damn.... Anybody who has listened to the new song?
I thought it was fucking awesome and the male singer that sounded kinda militar [at least for me] was such a great add imo. The song was pretty funny to listen to I really liked it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.07.2009 - 20:09
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Conjures up images of a crazed, drunken swing hall circa 1940...

sounds great.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
08.07.2009 - 21:03
EquilibriuMTR
Account deleted
Tap Dancer's Dilemma is as swing as hell
08.07.2009 - 23:12
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Wow. The new song is fucking awesome!
09.07.2009 - 00:55
RiouxMax
The song is amazing =|

I wasn't sure of what the new album would look like, after such a great first.
But if it continues that way, that's gonna be another awesome one.
09.07.2009 - 01:56
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Now I am more expectant for the new album, what an entertaining song
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
09.07.2009 - 02:54
Faust
Damn! That song is great! And the cover art, well, i actually gave a good laugh when i saw it, unexpected yes, but i like it!

What else to say!? I just made the pre-order of the limited special edition
----
"May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you are dead"

Hits total: 9504 | This month: 10