Metal Storm logo
Five Finger Death Punch

08.07.2009 - 04:11
Soliloquy
Kinda surprised no one has mentioned this band. but then again, this isn't that popular of a band...but for an unpopular band, it sure has a lot of videos!

aright, so how do i describe this band?
its a strange mixture of the following bands:
arch enemy
lamb of god
pantera
mixed in with some other strange influences.

call it a supergroup. i know, i know what you're thinking. another one of those lame supergroups like Hellyeah or other bands. but unlike other supergroups that had members of well established bands, these guys weren't famous. the only exception being W.A.S.P.

on other forums i'm on, its people who either HATE them, or havent' heard of em. so lets see what you guys think of em.

sure, they have some poppish touches to them, but i think they are more grove than pop. a lot of their riffs are really catchy(think pantera), but are also very heavy and sludge hammer type riffs(think arch enemy). with random spoken lyrics that tie in with cleans and growls(think lamb of god)...

actually, their vocalist reminds me a lot Phil Anselmo. you know how phil has that very macho preppy attitude? well, their vocalist has the same stuff going for it...

they only released one album in 2007, and they already have 4 singles. its weird...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfr_nWsXOBg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukUK_Kth6oM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5_W-i_bXpk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3zrJyNgyNQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8X7xb8IA-U
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
08.07.2009 - 10:56
thesabbathfan
Listening to "The Bleeding"

to be honest, its pretty meh.
----
08.07.2009 - 11:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Just try it horiblke band, Im happy I never hear it again
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.07.2009 - 04:13
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
First listen was okay, but never managed to grow on me
----
loves 小巫
09.07.2009 - 04:48
Crème fraiche
They seem like a bunch of "bro's" who put on the toughguy act. I'm not a fan ;[
09.07.2009 - 07:45
bard
They're very popular around my area. Decent radio presence, and a lot of fans...but it's all too groovy and...whiny for me. For instance, the lyrics for the song "Never Enough", which my local radio station seems to have had a thing for for a long time now, sports some pretty whiny and strange lines: "In the end, we're all just chalk lines on the concrete, drawn only to be washed away..." I don't listen to the radio anymore. Good for those interested in suicidal angsty teen music with chugga-chugga riffs and little solos...and a sort of ganstah/nu metal feel. They must do this well, because they have a lot of fans.
----
09.07.2009 - 17:37
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't like them either... I think it's suiting that the typo of "trash" is in the subtitle
09.07.2009 - 18:52
Baz Anderson
Staff
I sat and watched this band from afar at Download this year. They were just annoying.
10.07.2009 - 19:17
DayFly
Neither thrash, nor heavy, nor prog. Seriously, I thought I'd have to check out everything W.A.S.P.-related but this band does nothing for me.
11.07.2009 - 03:48
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
They are terrible! They were supporting Lamb of God and Dimmu at Defenders of the Faith and although the crowd loved them [for some reason unknown to me] I thought they were terrible, so bad I got a headache for the next week. Also the vocalist made the crowd give us all on the balcony the finger cos we thought they were shite...honestly awful.
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
22.07.2009 - 00:49
RockeRoy
I heard their song "burn it down" the other day and i thought it was kind of cool, i am a sucker for Groove and that song had a lot of it, but when i watched some of their videos i'm not impressed. maybe Burn it down is their only cool song:)
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
13.09.2009 - 14:43
Saitenhexerin
Oh wow ...^^ Pretty negative air in here lol
Well I like them. I think they get the balance between heavy and melodic really well. And I like their lyrics, and the way the singer uses his voice.
The guitars are ace as well!
And I am about to check them out live, so I can't say yet if I like them on stage...!
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
15.09.2009 - 00:59
Average to slightly above band imo. I see no prog and limited thrash elements in their music. They are listenable at best.
----
'We entered Winter once again...The sun sets forever over Blackwater park'
15.09.2009 - 04:44
Derwood
Another generic metalcore act with ridiculously juvenile lyrics.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
21.09.2009 - 01:49
SerratedSyringe
Ok...wow, when I saw the post for 5fdp I thought they would get a better wrap than this. I must say I really enjoy their music. Somtimes the groovey melodicness is a nice escape from the heavier stuff I normally listen to.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
31.01.2012 - 00:41
gav1230
I think they're pretty terrible, their frontman tries WAY too hard to be like Phil Anselmo and the rest is a bunch of weak riffs and repulsive lyrics.
16.02.2012 - 23:45
Olli
My best friend loves this band.. I'm not a fan Mainly because of the vocalist
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
17.02.2012 - 04:54
Mattybu
Every influence in the OP just makes me gag a little more... Just when the Pantera finishes beating the crap out of you, a Lamb of God comes in and curb stomps you...
26.02.2012 - 06:49
Semogj
Like some folks said alread: a bit too much groovy and whiny, but i find it somewhat acceptable. Nothing that I would listen everyday but they have decent music for listening while on a bad mood

Too much rage and hate (and "bitch") in their songs, but that make them kinda unique. "100 Ways To Hate" is the ultimate hate music ^^
26.02.2012 - 09:49
Necrox
Used to like em, grew out, think they suck now, etc
26.02.2012 - 09:49
Necrox
Used to like em, grew out, think they suck now, etc
25.03.2012 - 07:33
bran
Yeah they suck pretty bad, "bro" band with a bunch of tough guy imagery and lyrics
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist
25.07.2012 - 17:53
artking01
So much negative here. I didn't expect them to be hated like this. I'm such a big fan but I will still be despite all these hate. I admit though, they aren't too "heavy" but it's still good.
----
Embarrass your competition
Buy Facebook Fans & Twitter Followers
www.FanAnimal.com
27.07.2012 - 06:09
monoblogist
Heard them for the first time recently,... don't like them
----
http://monoblogist.blogspot.com/
05.09.2012 - 08:57
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Heard a few songs from the first album. His vocals sounded off in songs like "The Bleeding" and did nothing but irritate me. War is the Answer had much better vocals, and the songs on there are pretty good, considering the style/genre. Still haven't listened to the new album yet.

Damn, for a thread this old, there are no posts at all...
----
06.09.2012 - 13:05
Angry Chair
I personally don't dislike them, in fact I used to like a few years back along with Slipknot but I have gone off both bands now, I think I have grown up a bit as both bands only appealed when I was younger. Maybe FFDP appeals to younger audience like Slipknot does. I don't hate Either of them I just never play the albums anymore.

Conclusion: They are good if you are a teenager.
----
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
06.09.2012 - 20:19
Zombie94
Written by Angry Chair on 06.09.2012 at 13:05

Nope!
07.09.2012 - 00:45
Angry Chair
Written by Zombie94 on 06.09.2012 at 20:19

Nope!

A young teenager maybe

Ok I give up they are not that good and I don't know why I liked them
----
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
15.04.2013 - 11:52
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Angry Chair on 07.09.2012 at 00:45

A young teenager maybe

Ok I give up they are not that good and I don't know why I liked them

You're allowed to like them no matter what age you are. If you liked them, you liked them. They're honestly not as horrible as people around here like to say sometimes. It's just that they're not that great either. There's much better music than FFDP or Slipknot out there. Still, if that's all you have, they definitely beat out a lot of the other shit music that ends up being popular nowadays. It's totally understandable if you liked them back when they were the best metal music you knew about.
----
15.04.2013 - 17:58
Lit.
Account deleted

How weird. I thought the same thing about Burzum.