Metal Storm logo
Midnattsol - Part Ways With Guitarist, Seek Replacement

Midnattsol have issued the following update through their MySpace blog:

"Recently we told you the happy news, that our guitarist Fabian Pospiech became father of a little son. Such events always also bring some changes in life, thus Fabz decided to concentrate increasingly on his family and his new job. Unfortunately this also means that Fabz won't be able to play at Midnattsol any longer. We can understand his decision very well and wish him all the best and good luck for the future!

Thus it also means for us now: Midnattsol search for a new guitarist!

To complete the line-up and blast off again we are searching for a band experienced and creative guitarist. Do you already have live experience, are you motivated and ready for headbanging? Then please write to newguitarist [at] midnattsol [dot] com and give us a short description about yourself (if possible with a picture) and what you have musically done so far.

What you can expect at us? A record deal, a rehearsal room at Ludwigsburg near Stuttgart, festivals and tours and of course us, a bunch of Midnattsols that like to party. We are currently writing songs for our third album and would be happy if you immediately join us with this and at the forthcoming Metal Female Voices Fest in Belgium. Musicians from Ludwigsburg / Stuttgart and the greater region will be preferred.

Metal on!"

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Midnattsol
Posted: 11.07.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 94 users
11.07.2009 - 15:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Norwegian metallers?
Why Norwegian? Most of the band are from Germany, they recide in Germany, as far as I know only the vocalist is orignally Norwegian.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.07.2009 - 16:02
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.07.2009 at 15:17

Norwegian metallers?
Why Norwegian? Most of the band are from Germany, they recide in Germany, as far as I know only the vocalist is orignally Norwegian.

I know that the band is a German/Norwegian formation (indeed mostly German rather than Norwegian currently). I put Norwegian in the news in agreement with their band profile here. Maybe it should be updated too.

Anyway, the tendentious sentence is now replaced in the news
11.07.2009 - 22:35
Symmachus

Man, the new guy left the band. I wish the best of luck to him. I was wondering if the guy was Daniel Droste who left; that would equally suck. Well, I hope the next guitarist is a great one.
12.07.2009 - 01:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Symmachus on 11.07.2009 at 22:35

I was wondering if the guy was Daniel Droste who left; that would equally suck.

I was hoping it was him, just so he could put all his focus into Ahab.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
12.07.2009 - 16:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Doc G. on 12.07.2009 at 01:01

Written by Symmachus on 11.07.2009 at 22:35

I was wondering if the guy was Daniel Droste who left; that would equally suck.

I was hoping it was him, just so he could put all his focus into Ahab.

Exactly. I don't understand how he can make such great music with Ahab and totally crap music with Midnattsol. Probably a case of Jeckyll & Hyde goign on with the guy
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.07.2009 - 08:20
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Best of luck to finding a great replacement; I'm really looking forward to seeing the band at MFVF in a few months
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
13.07.2009 - 15:15
Elodie Artour
Slania
Well, I wish both the band and the fellow member best of luck!
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...

Hits total: 2887 | This month: 4