Metal Storm logo
Arch Enemy - 'The Root Of All Evil' Artwork Unveiled

The band posted the following words on their myspace :

"On September 28th, 2009 ARCH ENEMY will release their new studio album "The Root Of All Evil" in Europe. It contains a selection of completely re-recorded tracks from the band's first three albums "Black Earth" (1996), "Stigmata" (1998) and "Burning Bridges" (1999) reenergized and unified by the band's ultimate line-up!

Originally recorded with ever changing band members (i.e. former vocalist Johan Liiva, drummer Peter Wildoer, bass player Martin Bengtsson), "The Root Of All Evil" presents classic tracks as "Beast Of Man", "The Immortal", "Transmigration Macabre" or "Bridge Of Destiny" with the insane vocals of Angela Gossow, several completely new bass lines by Sharlee D'Angelo, the ever-present guitar wizardry of the Amott brothers as well as Daniel Erlandsson's merciless punch. The entire project was approached with the idea of having the possibility to re-add these songs to the bands live set and follow up the release with some special touring activity.

The album was recorded at a few different locations in Sweden and produced by ARCH ENEMY with Daniel Erlandsson and Rickard Bengtsson handling the engineering. Finally, this special release was mixed and mastered by Andy Sneap. In the light of ARCH ENEMY finding their defining line-up and a bigger worldwide recognition with 2002's "Wages Of Sin" album, it has been a logical decision to update the earlier compositions and present them in the splendour of a 2009 shape.

The band chose to have the "The Root Of All Evil" artwork/layout created by Brazilian artist Gustavo Sazes."

The album artwork can be found here.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Arch Enemy
Posted: 02.08.2009 by Sjuk

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 33   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 262 users
02.08.2009 - 11:08
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
That cover is madness. Love it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
02.08.2009 - 11:43
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Oh boy, a mediocre cover for what is bound to be a mediocre album.
02.08.2009 - 11:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Well, if its anything like Rise Of The Tyrant I'll be happy. Not that fond of that artwork though.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.08.2009 - 11:54
thesabbathfan
Artwork is okay.

but god, i loved the Liiva era, i'm happy to hear this.
----
02.08.2009 - 11:57
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Guest on 02.08.2009 at 11:43

Oh boy, a mediocre cover for what is bound to be a mediocre album.

I pretty much agree with this statement. I'm not gonna hear this album, I think.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
02.08.2009 - 12:37
Abattoir
Staff
The album cover looks cool to me...although I'm not so interested in this album.
02.08.2009 - 12:44
FeskarN
The artwork was ok. But looking forward to hear it.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
02.08.2009 - 13:05
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
I like the art work...want to hear the actual content though
----
loves 小巫
02.08.2009 - 14:10
Jan Destiny
Good artwork!
----
"Fiction is the truth inside the lie" (Stephen King)
02.08.2009 - 17:34
Kinzoku
I liked Liiva better as a vocalist, Angela is going to ruin them with her mediocre voice. Besides, most of those songs are guitar driven, so how much different can they sound? It'll be cool to see them perform these songs live again, but is it really worth the album?
02.08.2009 - 21:26
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
The art work is very good.. I dont like Angela's voice also, but the last album was nice... maybe some more improovment.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
02.08.2009 - 22:23
Umideath
OMG its my favorite band forever
----
My Top 90 Metal Albums Of 2023 - Part 2 >> https://youtu.be/6Yi7zV9Xo58 - Part 1
https://youtu.be/8F0E_CAfmMM
02.08.2009 - 22:30
Symmachus
The album cover is nice, but I'm not really excited about the album itself.
03.08.2009 - 00:35
Uller
Wow the album artwork is great!! very diferent from the others
----
03.08.2009 - 03:14
Muhannad Saleh
www.jorzine.com
Such a great title and cool album artwork cant wait for it
03.08.2009 - 06:59
Crème fraiche
Written by Doc G. on 02.08.2009 at 11:48

Well, if its anything like Rise Of The Tyrant I'll be happy. Not that fond of that artwork though.

I totally agree with you
03.08.2009 - 09:04
Fhuesc
I liked the cover, but what does it have to do with the name of the album? A tree or a radish would fit better.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
03.08.2009 - 11:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Bah, i found this cover quite bad...sorry
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

03.08.2009 - 12:44
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I'm not impressed by this artwork
03.08.2009 - 17:13
Andresopeth
I always have loved those three albums, so i can't wait to listen those songs in Angela's voice, simply amazing
03.08.2009 - 21:04
What the hell? I thought this was a brand new album, not re-recordings? I'm totally dissappointed.
03.08.2009 - 21:20
foschino
Account deleted
Only re-recordings album is not enough. they're not honest with their fans. they should have put these songs available for free download on their website. I'm not gonna spend money for this album. it seems they lack of new ideas
04.08.2009 - 05:37
Bulletbeast
Oh damn I just noticed it said re-recordings, ahhh ...got excited for nothing.
05.08.2009 - 04:05
Varyag
From 'Burning Bridges', my favorite Arch Enemy release, I'm also hoping for new recordings of 'Silwerwing', Angel Claw' and 'Seed of Hate'. Not that they're bad in any way.. they all kick ass. Would be interesting to hear these songs performed by today's line-up tho.

I'm definately gonna check this out and go se the show if they visit my town. I always wished these songs could be included more in live performances.

Also I feel that the early work of Arch Enemy stands in the shade of the latest releases starting with Wages of Sin. Think it's a nice intiative to bring the older stuff into the spotlight for a bit, of course raising expectations for the next fresh studio album.

Some might say it's crappy, lazy or some sort of writers-block. I'm thrilled anyhow and can't wait to hear this.

Almost forgot the artwork looks amazing, as usual.
05.08.2009 - 05:25
Mull666
Love the artwork and cannot bloody wait for the gig down in sydney!
05.08.2009 - 11:41
In_tallica
I was expecting a completely new studio album with new material...ah! at least this is better than nothing
05.08.2009 - 13:20
Forsaker
Nice artwork
wait for the album:metal:
05.08.2009 - 14:15
Warman
Erotic Stains
The old Arch Enemy songs already kicked ass, but I'm still a little eager to hear it since the re-recording of "Fields of Desolation" was amazing!
----
05.08.2009 - 18:57
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Guest on 03.08.2009 at 21:20
I'm not gonna spend money for this album. it seems they lack of new ideas
That should have been obvious at least a couple of albums ago
Written by Fhuesc on 03.08.2009 at 09:04
I liked the cover, but what does it have to do with the name of the album? A tree or a radish would fit better.
LOL dude, the title is very appropriate with the well-known saying "Money is the root of all evil." The art's a good representation of them laughing all the way to the bank. I agree with the ones who believe this will just be butchering the best songs the band has written
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
07.08.2009 - 02:52
Janne
Hugin
Avarage cover. I more curious about the album itself
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-

Hits total: 4853 | This month: 11