Metal Storm logo
Classic thrash: Fearless Iranians From Hell

21.09.2009 - 20:14
Conservationist
Quote:

Do you want to piss off your parents, teachers, co-workers and authority figures? The only way to make someone that angry is to violate something they hold sacred because they're afraid of the alternative. The industrialized world is scared shitless of Islamic fundamentalism because these people believe so much in their religion that they're willing to die for it. We can't compete with that -- we're too eager to get back to the sofa, Wii, cable TV and pizza you can order through the internet.

Back in the late 1980s, there was this band from Texas that said they were Iranians who supported the jihadi theocracy. They endorsed terrorism, book burning, dope smoking and endless war against the USA. This band was called the Fearless Iranians From Hell. If you like skatethrash like Cryptic Slaughter, Dead Horse or Suicidal Tendencies, check out this review with sound samples, tracklist and Koranic quotations.

Fearless Iranians From Hell - Foolish Americans, Holy War and Die For Allah

I've been going through undiscovered bands from my local area, which includes San Antonio. These guys sound like Suicidal Tendencies but if you ask me, a little more focused, more punk and indie pop. They got ignored by most people but the music's quite good.
21.09.2009 - 20:45
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Anything else aside, their ideology alone is utterly awesome...And Holy War's cover...
Thank you.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
21.09.2009 - 21:09
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I was going to check them out, but the description in the first post bored the shit out of me, so now I'm not even going to bother.
21.09.2009 - 21:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I don't really get it, these guys really believed in that shit or were just mocking it?
21.09.2009 - 21:23
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 21.09.2009 at 21:14

I don't really get it, these guys really believed in that shit or were just mocking it?

I guess they said that they believed in that stuff for the lulz.
22.09.2009 - 02:07
Richard
Elite
Hehe, I wondered if such a band was in existence, since smashing taboo subjects is something that bands have always tried to do. This is probably going to offend people more than pseudo-Satanism, or 'entrails ripped from a virgin's lady garden' - so on that rather base level, fair enough!
----
22.09.2009 - 16:47
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
You guys have no sense of Anti-Islamism!
@Valentin: Sarcasm, i suppose...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
26.11.2009 - 15:09
Muhannad Saleh
www.jorzine.com
Although i dont really like the concept of this band .. but nice music
26.07.2010 - 00:52
akvan
Where is here
----
Think about it . Every generation gets some new frontier to tackle . Einstein got relativity , The Nasa cowboys got the moon . All the easy stuff is taken , Artificial consciousness is the next frontier !
26.07.2010 - 12:46
vezzy
Stallmanite
Would've been much more worth checking out if they actually WERE from Iran.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.