Metal Storm logo
How do you take your coffee/tea?

Original post

Posted by Haddonfield, 09.10.2009 - 16:44
This is probably one of the most asked questions throughout the world everyday, whenever you go round somebody's and they offer you a hot drink, this question pops up. Well how do you take your coffee/tea?

I personally like to have my coffee strong preferably from a perculator but if granuals, like most people use here in England, it would need to be at least a spoon and a half. I have two sugars and depending on the coffee decide whether to add milk or not. I do not drink tea.
09.10.2009 - 21:47
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
No coffee. Pure cafeine up the nose.

In the real world, coffee, sugar, loads of the former not so much of the latter.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
09.10.2009 - 21:56
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I can't stand coffe tbh. I tried so many times by it fails to taste good to me.

I want my tea without any sort of milk, I didn't like it as a child and I still don't like it. With two spoons of sugar. I use to drink Earl Grey, I just can't get enough of that tea.

I really hate this "normal" tea that I see a lot. The only way I can drink that kind of tea is with little lemon and honey on it, with those two things... It tastes amazing and it's good when I got a cold or sick.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.10.2009 - 23:30
Jan
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.10.2009 at 18:36

Written by Jan on 09.10.2009 at 18:29

...usually I'm more of a microbrew & single malt guy.)

I am more of a microbrew & single malt guy myself.

You can wake me up for a great microbrew any time of the night.
Btw, went to the European Beer Festival 2008 at the Carlsberg Breweries in Copenhagen. I have to admit you Danish have some of the best microbrews around (last count was 90 breweries) and make great stouts and porters.
Last weekend I had probably one of the most extreme bitter beers ever. It was an American one called Hop 15 which consisted of 15 different sorts of hops and was 10% but somehow was incredibly refreshing.

If was a great festival wasn't it.

120 breweries at last count - not bad for a country with a population for 5 mil.
We have had a beer revolution these past 5-10 years - this is mostly over though and the market is struggling to find a normal level.

Hop 15 sounds interesting - I am a sucker for hoppy pale ales, think I will try to find a bottle.
10.10.2009 - 06:36
MetalSpider
I like Green Tea...usually by itself but sometimes, especially if I have a cold, with lemon and honey. I'll drink other tea but again with lemon and honey.

Coffee...not a big fan but I do drink it every once in a while. When I do...the more milk and sugar, the better.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
10.10.2009 - 07:21
ToMegaTherion
I have a preferance for tea. So strong that it should be corroding the cup on its own. With just a little sugar.
10.10.2009 - 17:12
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
In tea i'll go with green tea mostly but in coffee i don't have any preferaqnce. i like almost all coffees the same. the whole point for me is in the sugar. i want my coffeegenerally sweet and strong.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
11.10.2009 - 00:17
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Tea....Sugar free
11.10.2009 - 05:15
Archetype
I don't drink coffee, but with tea - either a bit of sugar or no sugar at all. Unless it's herbal tea as then honey would replace the sugar.
12.10.2009 - 00:11
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
In reference to alcohol in coffee, I'm like it with whiskey or cognac (that just tastes amazing). An irish coffee is the treat, awesome.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
12.10.2009 - 01:35
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Haddonfield on 12.10.2009 at 00:11

In reference to alcohol in coffee, I'm like it with whiskey or cognac (that just tastes amazing). An irish coffee is the treat, awesome.

Ah, yes. I remember that one now. That I like a lot There's a coffe place near my house (where I actually used to work for some time), which has a really good Irish coffee, and since they know me there, they always give it to me with a bit of extra alcohol
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
12.10.2009 - 02:16
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by tulkas on 12.10.2009 at 01:35

Written by Haddonfield on 12.10.2009 at 00:11

Ah, yes. I remember that one now. That I like a lot There's a coffe place near my house (where I actually used to work for some time), which has a really good Irish coffee, and since they know me there, they always give it to me with a bit of extra alcohol

I see your reputation preceeds you,
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
12.10.2009 - 02:31
tulkas
el parcero
Quote:
Written by Haddonfield on 12.10.2009 at 02:16

I see your reputation preceeds you,

Come on, man! What reputation? I'm not a huge drinker... anymore
----
13.10.2009 - 06:04
danielllewis
I drink black tea, black coffee, and black espresso.

Coffee with cream/milk tastes gross to me, so I just drink it black. I put sugar in it sometimes too, but not that often.
----
14.10.2009 - 00:34
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by danielllewis on 13.10.2009 at 06:04

Coffee with cream/milk tastes gross to me, so I just drink it black.

Suuuuure... you really think we're going to believe it? You just want to be uubertrve. :k

3rd coffee to go, and still I have a lot of things to study tonight. I figured out that two teaspoons of sugar makes my coffee (~250ml) better than one - it's more energizing (yep, as far as I know that's exactly how it should be) and more... more tasty. However, it fucking kills the calcium I gained today (which already was like... minus 87mg as I just calculated ;o). Tomorrow I'll be unusable for sure.
14.10.2009 - 03:24
danielllewis
Written by Ragana on 14.10.2009 at 00:34

Written by danielllewis on 13.10.2009 at 06:04

Coffee with cream/milk tastes gross to me, so I just drink it black.

Suuuuure... you really think we're going to believe it? You just want to be uubertrve. :k

What do you mean? What does black coffee have to do with that?

Besides it doesn't matter because I've been drinking it since before I started listening to metal anyways...
----
14.10.2009 - 11:27
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
I have my coffee with 1.5-2 teaspoons of sugar and my tea with just the one. I can drink coffee without any sweetener, but I do prefer it with. My friend makes instant coffee with two teaspoons of the coffee and three of sugar. He's a mad man!
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
14.10.2009 - 11:44
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I like my coffee as I like my metal.... grindcore

lol ugh lame jokes at 2 AM at work :/

I've never had sugar in mine before ever. I either drink it black or with one mini moo

I can't really stand tea and don't get how people can like it, but sometimes I'll make chai tea at work just to smell it, and then throw the whole thing away when it gets cold lol

....and then I drink about three mini moos alone
14.10.2009 - 11:54
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Dangerboner on 14.10.2009 at 11:44

lol ugh lame jokes at 2 AM at work :/

I've never had sugar in mine before ever. I either drink it black or with one mini moo

I can't really stand tea and don't get how people can like it, but sometimes I'll make chai tea at work just to smell it, and then throw the whole thing away when it gets cold lol

....and then I drink about three mini moos alone

What's a mini moo?
----

14.10.2009 - 12:04
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Half and half creamer in a very tiny cup. It's like one spoonful.
14.10.2009 - 12:34
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Ah like those little plastic things you get in hotels with milk or cream in them.
----

16.10.2009 - 00:07
Stigmatized
Written by Dangerboner on 14.10.2009 at 11:44

I laughed heartily at this.
17.10.2009 - 19:00
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
I take my coffee the same way as most people do. Orally.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
17.10.2009 - 19:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by -tom- on 17.10.2009 at 19:00

I always take mine either intravenously or anally, I didn't know you could take the stuff orally as well.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.10.2009 - 19:51
Baz Anderson
Staff
I don't drink tea or coffee. Strange.
18.10.2009 - 13:56
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2009 at 19:49

Written by -tom- on 17.10.2009 at 19:00

I always take mine either intravenously or anally, I didn't know you could take the stuff orally as well.

I guess to everyone else it's just some quaint english tradition but "drinking" coffee is the norm here.

----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
19.10.2009 - 07:13
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
If drinking coffee makes me shit bowling balls, I can't even imagine what it would do to my colon if I took it anally
19.10.2009 - 07:30
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Baz Anderson on 17.10.2009 at 19:51

I don't drink tea or coffee. Strange.

Hot milk, then? Or some hot chocolate?

I had some amaretto flavored tea today and it was nice. As always, and just like with coffee, I took it with 3 sugars and milk, and in it went.
----
19.10.2009 - 19:43
Ragana
Rawrcat
I don't understand people who drink tea with milk. Gross.
But amaretto tea is fine - I have it here as well. I'm a bit disappointed about it because I thought it'll taste better... but oh, well, I guess I just have to drink the real amaretto.

Baz, so you're saying you're not British? All British people drink tea everyday, don't they? :<
19.10.2009 - 20:20
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Ragana on 19.10.2009 at 19:43

Baz, so you're saying you're not British? All British people drink tea everyday, don't they? :<

No, tea is gross.
----

19.10.2009 - 21:21
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Haddonfield on 19.10.2009 at 20:20

Written by Ragana on 19.10.2009 at 19:43

No, tea is gross.

Is not. :/ And that... how did you call it... emm... substance made from (other) plants' leaves (+boiled H2O) is good as well. Well, you HAVE to drink something healthy from time to time. You can't live just by drinking coffee (okay, I'm lying).