Metal Storm logo
Mortal Kombat

Original post

Posted by Hamird, 04.11.2009 - 20:38
I think almost all of people who play video games and fighting games have heard of this video-game series.. I like this game very much.. And my most ambitious moments of my playing video games is confirming Fatality Finishers.. After all I opened this thread to discuss about them.
Talking about which version of this game is your favorite.. Mine is Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, which I played on my old Sega Genesis.. And also Mortal Kombat Unchained (Exclusively for PSP) is very good..
And also talk about your favorite characters. Mortal Kombat characters are very interesting. Sub Zero, Scorpion, Jax, Raptile, Quan Chi, Goro, Noob Saibot, Sektor, Cyrax, Baraka and many other characters are products of creative mind of Ed Boon. They're all great sci-fi characters..
My favorite is mainly Kabal. I mostly play arcade with him. His finishers are interesting and his style looks interesting too.
So let the thread begin..

P.S. I'm not sure if there's a thread for Mortal Kombat. I searched the forum and I found nothing. So if there's one lock it.
06.03.2011 - 14:34
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 06.03.2011 at 14:22
Fine I over-exaggerate, the only big fighter going on the market is SF vs Tekken

And yeah, the bouncing boobs was about the only reason I played DoA

I have a hunch that game won't even be coming out this year. It's had very little revealed about it in any case. MK's only real rival this year is Marvel Vs Capcom 3. I think this new MK will be awesome, and a major improvement on the dull MKvsDC game. xD

I think that was the only reason most guys played it.
06.03.2011 - 14:59
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Oh, I love Mortal Kombat! I used to play it non-stop on my deceased Mega Drive (years ago)

I was Sub Zero most of the time lol I loved him so much and the technique where he froze the other competitors just worked every time. I liked playing with Scorpion as well.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
06.03.2011 - 16:50
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Like all fighting games, I always went all of the characters. There was some I used more than others (Scorpion, Raiden, Sub Zero and Kitana were particular faves from the first 2 games), but Ive never understood people who go the same character all the time. I would find that immensely boring.

So far, every character from MK1-UMK3 (aside from Rain, Kintaro, and Motaro) have been confirmed as being in the new game. And Quan Chi has also been confirmed as being in it. Ed Boon, (MK creator) has said they are going to be aggressive with DLC though, so there is a decent chance of seeing other characters like Rain making it later.
06.03.2011 - 17:14
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 06.03.2011 at 14:34

Written by Guest on 06.03.2011 at 14:22
Fine I over-exaggerate, the only big fighter going on the market is SF vs Tekken

And yeah, the bouncing boobs was about the only reason I played DoA

I have a hunch that game won't even be coming out this year. It's had very little revealed about it in any case. MK's only real rival this year is Marvel Vs Capcom 3. I think this new MK will be awesome, and a major improvement on the dull MKvsDC game. xD

I think that was the only reason most guys played it.

Well I hope it is good. Last MK I played was...Armageddon, on the Wii. Irony is, the game was actually pretty enjoyable with the Wii's controllers and there were plenty of characters to choose from. But to be completely honest, I'm a lot more excited about the new MK movie, Jeri Ryan, 7 of 9 in Star Trek Voyager, is playing one of the female characters, can't remember her name
06.03.2011 - 23:28
Slayer666
Written by Angelic Storm on 06.03.2011 at 12:35

If you want a really shallow gameplay experience, or you're a pubescent male, nothing I guess.

I just happen to appreciate this fine, cutting-edge technology, not from the standpoint of a hormone-crazed teenager, but from the standpoint of a programmer.

Oh, god, the amount of bulls**t in that sentence is astounding.

Back on topic:
MK used to be my favorite game for a long time, now I'm kind of bored by it. I still play an occasional game or two with a friend, but that's pretty much it. Scorpion used to be my idol when I was a kid. "Get over here!!" pwnz.
08.03.2011 - 03:20
MetalSpider
I never cared for fighting games because I found that they always got boring quickly. MK was fun though. And Im definitely looking forward to the new one.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
19.03.2011 - 23:45
Vunts
Placed this game's kollector's edition for pre-order when it costed 79 pounds. The next day I received an email that the price was reduced to 49 pounds. Damn epic. Almost as epic as the game itself. Played the demo. Really enjoyed it. Not sure if it will take the position away from Tekken as the nr 1 fighting game for me and my friends, but it is definitely a terrific return to form for the MK series. It's more violent than ever due to the detailed graphics and the way fighter's get battle-"scars". Also the combo system works quite nicely. Can't wait for the full release.
29.03.2011 - 16:55
FaridMasud
Mortal Kombat 9, I feel as if this game is focuses on scorpion and subzero more. The story feels like time was rewinded. I think the story forgets to tell us that Sub-Zero's older brother was mislead by Quan Chi and killed Scorpions family without knowing the true intention of Quan Chi. So thats my main opinion, I do hope the story gets rejuvinated in some ways. Quan Chi was a bad ass and deserves to be in the spot light more than sub-zero who can juggle the most in all the mortal kombat games.
12.05.2011 - 02:50
Llort
Was slightly skeptical about MK9. Thats when I saw the footage of Sub-Zero freeze-crushing the speen of his enemies. Needless to say, my opinion changed slightly from that moment onward. Nonetheless, will probably wait till the price lowers slightly..

Theres enough room for both Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat at the top of the fighting game league IMO. For all their similarities they still have their differences, its easier to get good at MK, but thats good for couch multiplayer with friends. That being said, my experience of Marvel VS Capcom 3 did involve bashing lots of buttons and winning lots of things >_>
12.05.2011 - 04:16
MetalSpider
I've honestly never enjoyed a fighting game as much as I've enjoyed the new Mortal Kombat.
----

12.05.2011 - 12:58
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
It's quite good though I don't like having my ass kicked whilst the difficulty is set on "Beginner" (The Liu Kang fight against Scorpion and the white wizardy dude, fuck that shit).

It's a fun game though but the graphics look very old and unpolished.
15.05.2011 - 18:31
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Ive pretty much finished everything in the single player mode now. Completed the challenge tower without skipping any challenges (challenge 300 is EVIL!), finished story mode (which was awesome!) and the arcade ladder with every character on medium difficulty. The only thing I havent done, is fought all the hidden combatants on the arcade ladder. Though I did fight classic Noob, and was thrashed!

Online matches are an annoyance, there's so many sore losers out there! lol
15.05.2011 - 21:21
@gent_-_orange
Love the game but they really need to sort out the final boss Shao Kahn, who is ridiculously cheap, Come to think of it the final bosses in MK games are usually cheap as hell anyway.
15.05.2011 - 21:28
Mikyz
I'm playing the new Mortal Kombat as well but I don't have enough time to complete the story and what not, so I just do the arcade (Hard level atm) and play with my brother. I've played all MKs and this one is quite good. And as usual I'm playing with Smoke/Noob/Subzero.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
18.05.2011 - 08:22
wrathchild
Staff
Those of you who played Armageddon on the Wii, would you still recommend me to add it to my "Wiishlist", granted I can find it second hand at a fair price?
I'm not exactly a MK fan (more of a KM fan, "Ken Masters") but given the lack of Street Fighters on this console I'm taking chances at trying other figthing games (bought the KOF collection, the Samurai Shodown colletcion, some Dragonball and by the end of the month I'll have picked Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus).
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
26.05.2011 - 01:04
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by FaridMasud on 29.03.2011 at 16:55

Mortal Kombat 9, I feel as if this game is focuses on scorpion and subzero more. The story feels like time was rewinded. I think the story forgets to tell us that Sub-Zero's older brother was mislead by Quan Chi and killed Scorpions family without knowing the true intention of Quan Chi. So thats my main opinion, I do hope the story gets rejuvinated in some ways. Quan Chi was a bad ass and deserves to be in the spot light more than sub-zero who can juggle the most in all the mortal kombat games.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon was the last MK in the chronical order, MK 9's events are in the past, or at least that's what i've read on wikipedia.
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
26.05.2011 - 01:05
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Angelic Storm on 15.05.2011 at 18:31

Ive pretty much finished everything in the single player mode now. Completed the challenge tower without skipping any challenges (challenge 300 is EVIL!), finished story mode (which was awesome!) and the arcade ladder with every character on medium difficulty. The only thing I havent done, is fought all the hidden combatants on the arcade ladder. Though I did fight classic Noob, and was thrashed!

Online matches are an annoyance, there's so many sore losers out there! lol

You have the new mortal Kombat on Xbox or PS3 ? ... coz i've heard that "Kratos" is only PS3 exclusive
----

26.05.2011 - 01:16
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Zombie on 26.05.2011 at 01:05
You have the new mortal Kombat on Xbox or PS3 ? ... coz i've heard that "Kratos" is only PS3 exclusive

XBOX, so no Kratos for me... lol
26.05.2011 - 01:47
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
He's kinda fun to ply with, lthough he doesn't really fit in mortal kombat ... so, you're not missing out on alot really.
i like to play Tag team with Noob Saibot and Sektor (and everyone's fav. Scorpion and Subzero of course).

Who are your fav. charcters in the new game ?
----

26.05.2011 - 10:54
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Ermac. Definitely. I was playing with Scorpion but I found him wholly uncreative and unchallenging to play with. I think he was built for the sheer purpose of getting n00bs accustomed to the feel of the game. I prefer playing against people who choose slightly less run-of-the-mill characters yet exploit them creatively (ie Striker or Nightwolf). Hence why I now play almost exclusively with Ermac.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.05.2011 - 00:02
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I probably sound something like this when playing:
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.05.2011 - 03:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Zombie on 26.05.2011 at 01:47

He's kinda fun to ply with, lthough he doesn't really fit in mortal kombat ... so, you're not missing out on alot really.
i like to play Tag team with Noob Saibot and Sektor (and everyone's fav. Scorpion and Subzero of course).

Who are your fav. charcters in the new game ?

I use all the characters really, but Quan Chi, Kitana, Raiden, Scorpion, Sektor, Baraka and Reptile are amongst the ones I use most.

I think like all the other MK's some of the fatalities are great, while others are a bit meh. lol
27.05.2011 - 23:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Haha that video is awesome. I suck at fighting games, so I bet I'll be raging too once I play it
28.05.2011 - 00:58
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Holy fuck that video was hilarious....

From what I've seen from all the characters.. If I play the game I'm so using Noob Saibot and Sektor, I just loved their styles.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.05.2011 - 02:42
MetalSpider
Im doing the Challenge Tower...so much fun! Some of them are ridiculously hard for me lol. I skipped a few, but ill definitely try and do the ones I skipped earlier.
----

28.05.2011 - 03:42
JD
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 05.11.2009 at 17:59

Hmm...I shouldn't need to say what I think of that game!

Hahaha but why? the avatar..
28.05.2011 - 03:46
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 28.05.2011 at 03:42

Yep! lol

Ive had the same avatar ever since I joined Metal Storm, and I've never changed it. So, I shouldn't have to tell anyone that Im a MK fan.
28.05.2011 - 03:50
JD
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.05.2011 at 03:46

Written by Guest on 28.05.2011 at 03:42

Yep! lol

Ive had the same avatar ever since I joined Metal Storm, and I've never changed it. So, I shouldn't have to tell anyone that Im a MK fan.

Ok fair enough
28.05.2011 - 03:54
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 28.05.2011 at 03:50
Ok fair enough

xD
25.06.2011 - 01:50
InnerSelf
proofread free
The new Mortal Kombat kicks ass , I am getting an Xbox next week and will be playing it constantly
been playing with Noob(my all time favorite since the SEGA days ) , Kabal and Kung Lau
can't wait to play the story mode
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.