Dead Winter Dead
Wake Of Magellan
other
Handful Of Rain
Poets & Madmen

Total votes: 122
25.07.2006 - 06:37
Mega-Slayer
I must say Savatage is most definitley my fav. prog. metal group,and in my top fav. groups period,they have released so much great material.The only Savatge album I dont care for is their cheesy album "Fight For The Rock".Anyway though my opinion changes alot,as of now "Streets" is my favorite,it has the most variety out of all of the albums.It contains beautiful songs such as "Heal My Soul","A little To Far", and "Believe" and has some classic heavy songs like "Jesus Saves","Streets" and "Strange Reality".Like I said before I prefer Zak Stevens or Jon Oliva,but Jon is amazing on this album.So which is your all time favorite?
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
25.07.2006 - 12:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Out of the ones stated it is a tie between Hall of the Mountain King and Gutter Ballet and then Streets (which IMO is a bit too over the top) But my alltime favourite will ALWAYS be Sirens on vinyl with the original cover as released by Par Records. My problem with everything after Streets is... the lack of Jon Oliva's superior vocals.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.07.2006 - 15:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Kard quasten in 80ties thay sounds diferent how 90ties but after Oliva dies band play diferent music and was soem line up changes, its hard choose witch are best

But I vote for ''Hall Of the Mountain King'' also I like ''Dead Winter Dead'' this title are reason to listen album and also ''Poets & Madmen'' are great album, I had hear ''Streets'' some tiem ago, but i dont remeber, those what I meantion I like those albums :bange2:
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.07.2006 - 15:32
Dragonheart
Account deleted
The Wake of Magellan for sure. Their other albums haven't impressed me too much, but this one has. The title track in particular is a masterpiece.
25.07.2006 - 16:51
lordz
IzZo
Edge Of Thorns for me...!
second comes Streets .... Criss Oliva was the man in guitars!!! RIP
Although I dont listen to them nowadays but Savatage was great when I was in middle school... I use to listen to them, Ozzy, and Alice cooper at that time.
Good band
26.07.2006 - 01:17
Mega-Slayer
Good choices guys,Criss Oliva was an amazing and exceptionally talented guitarist,I love his solos.
----

26.07.2006 - 23:45
Ahto
i really like old savatage and i grew up with those old albums but i am into poets and madmen since the day i bought that album... Criss Oliva is a legend of course and made very good things in Savatage... R.I.P Criss
01.08.2006 - 23:53
Prowler84
Gutter Ballet was an amazing Album Streets,Hall of the Mountain King,Fight for the rock,Edge of Thorns are very good albums too !!
----
Steve Harris isn't a God.God is a S.Harris!!
04.08.2006 - 23:10
AnoTher_HanD
Account deleted
Are you trying to kill me of a heart atack or a headache...asdhuuhsduhsda?
I love savatage, my all time favorite band... i love every sava album, including fight for the rock...

Well, anyway, my favorite is Streets: A rock opera...
07.08.2006 - 02:45
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Very very hard to say,Im a huge fan of Savatage.I couldnt even vote,thats how close it is.Streets,Edge of Thorns and Dead Winter Dead.Dont get me started on Dead Winter Dead,if you havent heard this album,go hear it,its fucking amazing,cant get enough of it.
07.08.2006 - 05:42
Digger

i can not pick..
every album but every song and every tune they made is great...
but i will pick Wake Of Magellan
----
I am Syrian. If you Don't Like That Go And Try To Drink the Ocean Or Smash Your Head In The Wall..You Are Free!
07.08.2006 - 23:01
rebelos
Account deleted
even though i don't have them all
i have to say that Gutter Ballet is unbelievable!!
the way that piano is combined with metal music is unique!
i can listen to this album and never get tired of it

after that would go
Poets & Madmen
Hall Of The Mountain King
and Streets
14.09.2006 - 00:14
peavy
Account deleted
The MEGA CLASSIC "Hall of the Mountain King"!!!
08.12.2006 - 15:23
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
i guess there is nothing special about savatage but thie best is streets
----
Stay Metal !!!
08.12.2006 - 19:08
Mega-Slayer
Written by Dreamwar_86 on 08.12.2006 at 15:23

You guess,huh?Well you guessed wrong.Savatage is one of the most talented bands in the music scene,always has always will,they just are unappreciated.
----

10.12.2006 - 20:16
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Written by Mega-Slayer on 08.12.2006 at 19:08

Written by Dreamwar_86 on 08.12.2006 at 15:23

You guess,huh?Well you guessed wrong.Savatage is one of the most talented bands in the music scene,always has always will,they just are unappreciated.

yes i know theyre good but i mean i heard all their albums and it was like oohh well nothing special just average music..
----
Stay Metal !!!
10.12.2006 - 20:59
Hellish Star
"Gutter ballet" for me although "Sirens" and "Power of the night" are something special to me as well....
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
11.12.2006 - 02:24
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I like all Savatage album, some more or less. I started with the classic "Gutter Ballet", after that I got "Streets", I found "Poets and Madmen" (which is highly underrated). My favorite track are "Chance", "Edge of Thorns" & "Strange Wings". And still I'm going to something that is a live album "Ghost In the Ruins". Now if I'm only allowerd to chose a studio album my choice is "Hall of the Mountain King".
11.12.2006 - 03:43
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
lol...so I open up this thread in order to know which album to buy, and everyone has pretty much named a different one. Oh well, I guess that means pretty much all of their releases are good.
11.12.2006 - 04:20
Mega-Slayer
Written by Dangerboner on 11.12.2006 at 03:43

lol...so I open up this thread in order to know which album to buy, and everyone has pretty much named a different one. Oh well, I guess that means pretty much all of their releases are good.

Yes,they are all magnificent and special in different ways,most get better with every listen.
----

17.12.2006 - 23:57
eximius
Savatage, one of my favourite bands ... Dead Winter Dead the best album
19.03.2007 - 19:46
Twist of Cain
Account deleted
i just got into Savatage like a week ago but i do have to admit that they are pretty bad ass... ill put in a vote for "Power of The Night". Warrior and Skull Session are great songs atleast to me
27.04.2007 - 01:38
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
It's taken me a while to decide which one I like the most, but I think The Wake of Magellan would be my favorite. The high vocals on the older albums annoy me a little, but other than that they're all solid. TWoM has a complex concept, and the music seems to be a little more experimental and has even more feeling. It's slower and somewhat "less metal", but it's still my favorite.
04.05.2007 - 11:34
Grey_Dandelion
i m between streets and dead winter dead-i ll say dead winer dead at last!Because also this album s artwork is the best and the lyrics subject fantastic
----
Don't turn away just take my hand and when you make your final stand i ll be right there i ll never leave all i ask of you is believe...
04.05.2007 - 15:54
APOHAKC
The Bard
Hall Of The Mountain King for me.. I really like that album, riffs are awesome and all song are solid. I like Edge Of Thorns too.. But songs like 24 Hrs Ago and Hall OF The Mighty King gave my vote to this album
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
23.05.2007 - 11:23
ToCSiN
Account deleted
I voted for Dead, Winter Dead.
This album is my fav for the legendry Savatage
Just listening to the 1st track would make you love it
23.05.2007 - 17:37
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Awesome band. Dead Winter Dead i love. Al Pitrelli is excellent on this album.
15.07.2007 - 08:21
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I love all savatage, every CD has its own unique sound especially in the later years their music became so different but yet still the same. I would have to go with Dead Winter Dead as my favorite, however Handful of Rain and The Wake of Magellan are very close second for me.
17.10.2007 - 21:44
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Hall Of THe Mountain King easy because the 3rd song
----
Stay Metal !!!
31.08.2008 - 13:42
Elio
Red Nightmare
Wow I cannot choose here...it's a tie between Gutter ballet and Edge Of Thorns, followed by Sirens, Dead Winter Dead and Hall Of The Mountain King.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.