Metal Storm logo
Haggard

Original post

Posted by Bas, 17.05.2006 - 14:31
Haggard is my alltime favourite band, an excellent combination of classic and death-/thrashmetal, my favourite album of theirs is Eppur Si Muove and my favourite song the title track of that album

cant wait for their new cd which will be released in a short time
09.07.2006 - 21:58
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
well as far as i can remember Asis said that the new album would be a concept album with a story behind it on their official forum, he said that they had thought up a story for it,

i dont know anymore what exactly he wrote, if you really want to know i can search for it though
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
10.07.2006 - 15:52
VaginalDisease
Account deleted
Haggard... they are just perfectly amazing, their music, vocals, lyrics put together awesome songs and perfect albums.

I like ' Awaking The Centuries ' and ' Eppure Si Muove ' at the same level since they are different and both are amazing.

And Thou Shalt Trust The Seer is not the Haggard of these other albums its very different from both of them but as special and good.

And talking about "different" Haggard ?.. well ' Progressive ' does the work, its pure death metal, and I dont even like death metal... and yet find this album good. especialy the lyrics, they really thouched me.
16.07.2006 - 23:27
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Bas on 09.07.2006 at 21:58

well as far as i can remember Asis said that the new album would be a concept album with a story behind it on their official forum, he said that they had thought up a story for it,

i dont know anymore what exactly he wrote, if you really want to know i can search for it though

this is what it says on the german version of the haggard homepage, it isnt mentioned in the english version though "Die neue CD wird nicht mehr von einer historischen Personlichkeit handeln, vielmehr wird eine eigens dafür geschriebene Geschichte vertont." it means "the new cd wont be about a historical person anymore but will be about a story written just for this album"
----
17.07.2006 - 12:20
annodomini
does anybody know when the new album wil be released
----
the riddle wants to be...
17.07.2006 - 20:44
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
no official dates yet as far as i know, but it cant be long anymore
----
20.08.2006 - 20:15
VaginalDisease
Account deleted
I really am looking for it , I do hope though, that they wont dissapoint .

I'm well awere that they only got better through out their band life time, and sure hope they will only get better, that's why I think their album needs to be perfect, to not be worst then the others .
Hard to be a good band
25.08.2006 - 02:10
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I saw in their official site that they will come to Latin America this year, hope it's true and that they will come to Colombia this time
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
25.08.2006 - 05:04
tuerda
I strongly suspect that Asis uses a distortion effect for his growling vocals, but I have yet to find anything official that either confirms or denies my suspicions. I'm a bit of a purist, and tend to insist that growling be natural, but in his case I would be willing to put up with it since Haggard is so awesome.
Can anyone say for sure?
26.08.2006 - 17:42
Soliloquy
/\ i dont know...ive tried using a metalzone pedal to my voice, and even used tons of distortion on different amps, and it doesnt work. it just comes out as my natural growls. so if he is using some distortion on his voice, it has to be some really high tech stuff. he may have his voice backed up with reverb, that i can see happening. but thats about it
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
27.08.2006 - 01:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
why nobody didnt mention fav song ''Dady Wad Her First Man'' Seems you all are into Hagaards last 2 albums, but nobody hasnt into demo era when thay play death metal, and thay are simmilar like Theron and bouth band has recordet live in Mexico
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.08.2006 - 23:41
VaginalDisease
Account deleted
When I've read " Daddy was her first man " my heart was pinched, this songs lyrics are strong as hell.

And who cares if he used effect for his voise ? I mean, after all it's just gives a better show, and in haggard case a perfect show, since thier classic players are really good, they sounds well on the stage and you can hear them perfectly, and their heaver stuff
( electric guitar, bass guitar and drums ) sounds well good aswell, so giving us a perfect cd quality viose is just blessed.
06.05.2007 - 15:42
baldur
man this band is just overwhelming i how great this band is i just know them for 10min but i love them!!

and as i see they gone be at wacken one more reason to go there!!!
06.05.2007 - 15:53
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Bad English on 27.08.2006 at 01:08

why nobody didnt mention fav song ''Dady Wad Her First Man'' Seems you all are into Hagaards last 2 albums, but nobody hasnt into demo era when thay play death metal, and thay are simmilar like Theron and bouth band has recordet live in Mexico

Because that demo is pure shit, I mean how can anyone compare that emo to other Haggard albums? I it is just another death metal album/demo and nothing more, while other Haggard albums are real masterpieces. Unique, sophisticated, fresh, maestral, orginal... That is why almost all prefer new Haggard insted of Death Metal Haggar. If I want to listen Death Metal I would take some Vomitory or Morbid Angel, not Haggard.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
06.05.2007 - 15:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 06.05.2007 at 15:53

Written by Bad English on 27.08.2006 at 01:08

Because that demo is pure shit, I mean how can anyone compare that emo to other Haggard albums? I it is just another death metal album/demo and nothing more, while other Haggard albums are real masterpieces. Unique, sophisticated, fresh, maestral, orginal... That is why almost all prefer new Haggard insted of Death Metal Haggar. If I want to listen Death Metal I would take some Vomitory or Morbid Angel, not Haggard.

But that death emtal are awsome old school sound great great death metal inm nowdfays non of bands play like old school bands so that DM are legend
----

apos;'
[image]
06.05.2007 - 19:45
Bitch Boy
@ K7: I think that a great number of Haggard fans are into them for their symphonic/folk stuff, not because of their death metal stuff. I don't like "Progressive" at all
06.05.2007 - 20:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bitch Boy on 06.05.2007 at 19:45

@ K7: I think that a great number of Haggard fans are into them for their symphonic/folk stuff, not because of their death metal stuff. I don't like "Progressive" at all

I agree but those death metal albums and demos read lyrics of them only Dan Swano(Edge of sanity) Deathg and Sentenced wrote such

BTW remeber Nocturnal Rites and Sentenced start like death metal too
----

apos;'
[image]
06.05.2007 - 20:18
Rainmaker123
Account deleted
I saw them a Progpower UK in march and all though there set was cut short ( to 3 songs i think ) they were the highlight of the day along with Kameot. dont own any albums, would like too. Im defanaly in to haggard becouse of there folk/classical eliments.
06.05.2007 - 20:20
Bitch Boy
@ K7: I know dude, even Therion started as (melo) death metal, but I prefer the symphonic Haggard.
06.05.2007 - 21:32
Lupas
Maximus
It is true that this year they are getting a new album???
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
06.05.2007 - 21:50
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Bitch Boy on 06.05.2007 at 20:20

@ K7: I know dude, even Therion started as (melo) death metal, but I prefer the symphonic Haggard.

I think that Haggard and Therion worth much more now than in their Death Metal phases. So I agree with you
@Lupas I heard some rumours but I think that nothig is announced officialy
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
06.05.2007 - 22:49
LeDruide
The new album should be released at the end of June. Their website is currently down but it's on the way, they put 2 videos some time ago.
Btw, i also listen to them for their unique mix between classical and metal.
07.05.2007 - 11:11
Lupas
Maximus
Written by LeDruide on 06.05.2007 at 22:49

The new album should be released at the end of June. Their website is currently down but it's on the way, they put 2 videos some time ago.

Great, about 2mths
Thanks for the info bro.
Btw do you know the title of the album ?
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
07.05.2007 - 13:24
LeDruide
Written by Lupas on 07.05.2007 at 11:11

Written by LeDruide on 06.05.2007 at 22:49

Great, about 2mths
Thanks for the info bro.
Btw do you know the title of the album ?

"Tales Of Ithiria". It will be a concept album.
07.05.2007 - 14:18
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Yeah, theyre great, and I think better than Therion... THerion is bit overrated, I think, but still great band. I mean in Therion you just have keyboards, and Haggard at least 15 men playing on real instruments... I've always apreciated such things.
----
07.05.2007 - 14:46
Rainmaker123
Account deleted
Written by Stalker on 07.05.2007 at 14:18

Yeah, theyre great, and I think better than Therion... THerion is bit overrated, I think, but still great band. I mean in Therion you just have keyboards, and Haggard at least 15 men playing on real instruments... I've always apreciated such things.

Ill Second That.
07.05.2007 - 19:21
Lupas
Maximus
I just chech onto thier website that says :

"All hail!

The most important information first: Because of the delay of the "Tales Of Ithiria"-CD-release, the

Europatour has been moved to September 2007.

Important: A few concerts will take place though, more information you can find in our tourdates-section.

The main reason for the delay: The theme of the new CD will not be a historical person, rather a for this purpose developed own story has been written. And together, these things take more time as planned. But I can justifiably say, that the CD will be finished soon!

The releasedate for the "Tales Of Ithiria"-CD is sure now:
Release date is the 29th of June 2007.

Further on we hope, that you all had a good New Years Day, and we wish you a successfull 2007!

More information soon! "

although from new year day it have pass more than 5mths
----
07.05.2007 - 20:25
Bitch Boy
@ Lupas: excellent news!! Thanks for sharing them with us!! I'm expecting another masterpiece from them
08.05.2007 - 07:58
duyhung
Account deleted
@Lupas :thanks for that news. Great!! Only 2 months left
08.05.2007 - 09:53
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Lupas: yeah thanks for sharing the news...really looking forward to some new stuff from these guys
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
08.05.2007 - 19:31
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Yes Lupas, thanks for sharing, I'm sure this album will be excellent
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica