Metal Storm logo
Brynjard (band, not Brynjard Tristan)

24.11.2009 - 02:55
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I have encountered a swedish musical act called "Brynjard" consisting of one member Jeff Johansson...i have listened to one of song labeled to it (Set Sail Towards Doom from Land Behind the Mist), while i immediately thought "wow, this is great!" about it...so i started seeking for this band...

and i found a record on Metal Archives, where it is but written:

Jeff has been caught stealing other bands' (e.g. Avathar (Fin), Baranduin) songs from the internet and presenting them as his own. He never played or recorded these songs himself, or even modify them. He even used these songs on Brynjard's full length albums.

sounds like this Jeff is one of the biggest arseholes in metal ever according to that statement...but what i am curious to know is - is there anyone who knows about this case? is this story really true? if yes, does it apply on all Brynjard work (2 demos and 2 full lengths) or just the last one? and finally - and most important to me - who is author of "Set Sail Towards Doom" song from "Land Behind the Mist", if not Brynjard? because it is really awesome blackened folk metal masterpiece and i want to know more about performing band...unfortunately i dont have the song anywhere "legally" (load of torrents can be found obviously...)
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

24.11.2009 - 02:58
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Edit: omg...a few seconds after i posted this, i found this page with complete list...

so it appears he really is an idiot

and it also appears tomorrow (or "later today" more likely ) will be a day with Avathar
----

24.11.2009 - 10:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Man this name sounds liie BRYNAS hahahha , this is band what I wanna hear, I neve rhad hearr it , I have seen, read about it but never ever hear any audio samples, its maybe one of Swedish bands who's in werry hight possition in ''to hear list''
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.11.2009 - 12:00
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
No it is not, if you would read carefully what i have written about it - he is not making his own songs, just stealing songs from other bands (and not even re-recording them)
----

24.11.2009 - 14:58
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Hmm he seems like a genuine arse as you say. It's fair enough to cover other band's material as long as you don't present it as your own. I for one am not listening to his any of his "work"
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep