Metal Storm logo
The Tiger Woods Fiasco

17.12.2009 - 18:19
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
So what do all of you think about the Tiger Woods news? First, he is obviosly some sort of nympho, secondly, he's been linked to HGH, and lastly he's rumored to be with Jessica Simpson!

All I can think is...another sports hero bites the dust...I.E. Marion Jones (roids), Michael Phelps (DUI & bong pipe), Lance Armstrong (roids), Mark McGwire (roids), Michael Jordan (gambling), A-Rod (roids). All kids everywhere look up to these people and just when u think they are squeeky clean...BOOM...another fucking tabloid or smut mag publishes a story destroying our favorite sport heroes~

We should do a poll: who's next? who's the next fucking so called "hero" to let everyone in the world down? Lebron James? Albert Pujols? Peyton Manning?

...just wait...someone somewhere....
----
rekt
17.12.2009 - 18:40
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
All of them are susceptible I think. When a brand is behind you and you're trying to sell something, you should be careful about what you do. Some people don't seem to understand the fact that they "represent" a certain cultural attitude, they have a responsability even if they don't want to.

All these people you mentioned make a lot of money, endorsements pay them a lot of money to "be something".
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.12.2009 - 18:41
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I am only disgusted with media in this case...never ever i saw them tracking for "sensational reports" so hard than in Woods' case...or did you ever saw "exclusive public apology from paramour to cheated wife" published in media? wtf is happening to the world?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

17.12.2009 - 23:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
They're just normal people there are loads of nympho's amongst unknown folk as well, but you don't get to hear about them cause they are unknown. I say... so what. He's an adult, the women he's doing are adults, it was consensual (if that's how you spell it)... so who cares? Oh yeah the moral majority cares. Crying outrage and all. I say: Live and let live.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.12.2009 - 03:30
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.12.2009 at 23:48

They're just normal people there are loads of nympho's amongst unknown folk as well, but you don't get to hear about them cause they are unknown. I say... so what. He's an adult, the women he's doing are adults, it was consensual (if that's how you spell it)... so who cares? Oh yeah the moral majority cares. Crying outrage and all. I say: Live and let live.

Exactly. Besides, having had the opportunity of doing all those hot women he did, I'm pretty sure everyone would've done them as well. It just got on the news 'cause he's famous, that's all, but like you say, this sure happens aaaaaall the time.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
18.12.2009 - 05:24
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I think he's a great golfer, but as a human he's a douche.

he got married. when you take that step you should be committed to it. and it's not like the skanks throwing themselves at him were particularly attractive. certainly not with the $300,000,000 or whatever they will cost him in the divorce.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
18.12.2009 - 06:12
Konrad
Mormon Storm
I just feel sorry for the kids. My parents divorced because of this.
----
Brujerizmo!
18.12.2009 - 06:36
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.12.2009 at 23:48

He's married!!! 14 women while married? Everything he gets he will deserve - dropped sponserships, half a million dollar divorce, getting booed all over the golf course...
----
rekt
18.12.2009 - 15:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by tea[m]ster on 18.12.2009 at 06:36

He's married!!! 14 women while married? Everything he gets he will deserve - dropped sponserships, half a million dollar divorce, getting booed all over the golf course...

Yes, he's married and he certainly deserves a half a million dollar divorce (or more). But dropped sponsorships? That's hypocritical cause he got those sponsorships based on his golfing abilities and not on the sort of person he is. He will get booed all over the course. Well, that's up to the people booing but let the people who are without sin cast the first stone, as I am sure a lot of people booing will also have cheated on their wife. But then again booing him while playing golf I also find hypocritical. Is he any less of a great golfer because of his wife-cheating? Nope. People got to separate the person Woods from the golfer Woods. But somehow that seems impossible for the majority around.
Let's say my colleagues find out I have cheated on my wife will they think less of me as a person? Yes. But will they think I suck at my job, and boo me? Nope.
The US media are portraying as iof Woods is some sort of murderer. Well, he is not. He is just one of the very many people on this earth that cheat on their wife or husband. Apparently around 30% of married people have cheated on their wife/husband at one (or more) time(s) or another.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.12.2009 - 16:33
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.12.2009 at 15:49

Let's say my colleagues find out I have cheated on my wife will they think less of me as a person? Yes. But will they think I suck at my job, and boo me? Nope.

lol i can't imagine how awkward it would be to boo someone who's working on subtitles
18.12.2009 - 17:52
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Some Theresa Rogers: "I have a bastard baby with Woods. But i wont tell and anyone and will remain silent, if i am given 1.5 million pounds."

btw it appears to be some "280 million dollar divorce" more likely
----

18.12.2009 - 22:01
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite

Yes, he's married and he certainly deserves a half a million dollar divorce (or more). But dropped sponsorships? That's hypocritical cause he got those sponsorships based on his golfing abilities and not on the sort of person he is.

It's not hypocritical, imo. He isn't sponsored for his abilities, but the image he has.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
18.12.2009 - 22:06
VPeter
Why do people hype this stupid drama so much? I heard this was fiasco was longer on the New York Times front page than the 11 September disaster, now that is disgusting.
18.12.2009 - 22:48
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Lucas on 18.12.2009 at 22:01

Yes, he's married and he certainly deserves a half a million dollar divorce (or more). But dropped sponsorships? That's hypocritical cause he got those sponsorships based on his golfing abilities and not on the sort of person he is.

It's not hypocritical, imo. He isn't sponsored for his abilities, but the image he has.

he's sponsored for both. being a good golfer and, by virtue of his previous inscrutability, a good guy.

sponsors have every right to drop Tiger as a representative if they feel that his tarnished image will reflect negatively on their product and that they can get more "bang" for their buck (pun NOT intended) looking elsewhere for a celeb spokesperson.

if you look at who has dropped him, it seems extraneous crap which was probably more on image. Accenture? watf are they?

nike has stuck with him, because their connection is more directly related to golf and golf equipment... his game matters more than his image to them.

whatever works for each sponsor. i couldn't particularly care less. he's a douche, but it's not like he's killed anyone (that we know of... ) ... his image on a commercial won't convince me to try/buy a product, nor will it convince me to avoid it.

as for the media, it's partially hypocritical to fault the media on their coverage. sure it sucks, and there are more important tings going on right now - but people are gobbling this story up like lapdogs. the shit sells. look around. we're discussing a golfer on a fucking metal site. we are just as much at fault as the media for this whole circus.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
19.12.2009 - 11:39
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
I wonder when the votes were cast...probably before all this shit hit the fan....as he was just voted PGA player of the year by his fellow peers & players!
----
rekt
19.12.2009 - 12:11
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
And he was also just voted a sportsman of decade...just to piss you off even more
----

19.12.2009 - 12:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Of course he was voted PGA PLayer of the year. He was by far the best golfer this year.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996