Metal Storm logo
Extreme MetalStormers

30.07.2006 - 16:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
So, welcome to the thread.

Dream_of_Hate and I had the idea of creating a sort of 'club' of MetalStormers, who love extreme metal. Something like the 'Hampster Metal' group we have. You do not have to pay contribution (though you are allowed), you just have to like extreme metal and have space in your signature.

So, we still need the banner. Anyone interested in joining, and willing to help with creating the banner, your help is appreciated. You can post suggestions about how the banner is going to look like here. Also for questions and all other stuff, just ask.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
30.07.2006 - 18:17
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
sounds kvlt. im in. i even designed a banner.

----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
30.07.2006 - 18:51
KryptoN
imperceptible
I can join if I don't have to put anything in my sig. I can help design some banners though.

I made one banner already if that's alright(?), I was planning on putting something in the empty space in the lower right corner but I don't know what could fit there. Feel free to comment/give ideas etc.

30.07.2006 - 23:27
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Pretty promising idea I'd say. Lets see how the banner idea works out. Im not very good at Photoshop, but I also made a banner. I guess it is up to others to decide how good it is.
30.07.2006 - 23:37
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
they're decent but they're not funny. remember that hamPster metal started as a joke. we need to show that us extreme metallers have a sense of humour and aren't aversed to laughing at a a cartoon penis drawn in paint.

anyone can feel free to use my banner.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
30.07.2006 - 23:44
Stigmatized
I think all 3 are good. We need more people before we can decide on a banner really. Glad to see this thread isn't being completely ignored.
31.07.2006 - 00:15
KryptoN
imperceptible
I missed the part where it said it has to be funny. I'm not that familiar with that hampster metal thing, but the pic I've seen was just the text and a lightning so I think I'm missing the joke in it then? Also, I didn't know people rely on a banner/sig image to appear funny.
31.07.2006 - 00:27
danzig111
Account deleted
i don't know if i'll have room for it in my sig.........if i do, should i put it or not? i mean i love some Extreme metal like Florida and Polish DM, also Norwegian BM.....but i'm mostly a Power Metaller. so i'm on a fence.

oh and by the way i fvcking love tommy tee's sig
31.07.2006 - 03:04
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I think this is a good idea. I'd definitely sacrifice my Job For a Cowboy sig for Tommy Tee's.
31.07.2006 - 04:49
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...hmm nice idea...i have recently joined the hampster club because im alot into prog, but the thing is im also alot into extreme metal...i can say my too favorite genres are prog and death...i dont know if the banner fits in my sig, but i support this idea, i dont know what you think about it...btw i like the 2 last banners, i'm not good at making stuff like that or using photoshop but i'll help giving my opinion...hope it works
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
31.07.2006 - 05:14
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
This is an awesome idea, Nervel! In fact, I just happen to have room in my signature for one of those banners. The only hard question is: which banner should I choose? Should I choose tommy tee's for its comedic value, KryptoN's because of his impressive photoshop skills, or the one by UnholyMenace because it looks so metal?
31.07.2006 - 05:34
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Id definatly join it if it were to go ahead, great idea guys UnholyMenace is my vote out of the ones put up so far, unforunatly i cant help with the banners so i'l just sit here and wait *twiddles thumbs*
----

Hellcunt Smurf
31.07.2006 - 11:31
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Nice idea
I dunno if I would join because I love extreme metal as much as melodic metal (well, I'm more and more into extreme stuff so why not ), but I can still advise you about the banners
So far, the three of them look good to me, for different reasons (same as Insineratehymn said).
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
31.07.2006 - 13:12
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by [user id=5630] on 31.07.2006 at 05:14

This is an awesome idea, Nervel!

Actually more Dream's idea, I just made the thread.

So, how about we do it like this:

We wait till for example the 6th of August, gather all the made banner's in one post, let everybody have their vote..

Good idea?

I really like the first three. Thanks guys!
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.07.2006 - 13:28
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Written by Lucas on 31.07.2006 at 13:12

We wait till for example the 6th of August, gather all the made banner's in one post, let everybody have their vote..

Good idea?
I think a week (6/7 days) should do it. People have time to decide which banner they like best and it is also enough time for someone else to add his/her own version of the Extreme Metalstormers banner.
31.07.2006 - 13:31
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Yeah, the 6th will be in a week.
----

31.07.2006 - 19:11
Markku
Account deleted
If somebody could unite Tommy Tee's humour and sarcasm with good artisitic qualities then it'd be something worthy.
31.07.2006 - 20:05
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
nah, it need to be like that. if i had spend a while making it in photoshop it would have been as funny.
----

Read Watchmen.
31.07.2006 - 21:07
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
True, now it is truly kvlt and grim.
----

31.07.2006 - 23:17
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...good idea...we'll vote for the best banner
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
01.08.2006 - 14:56
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Greetings guys, had to make a visit to this post.
Another banner is being created? I guess im to slow at making them to do this one
01.08.2006 - 15:41
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
^^ Go for it if you can make one doesnt close until the 6th, and we need more up there... though i dont think anyone could swing my vote from UnholyMenace's
----

Hellcunt Smurf
01.08.2006 - 21:59
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I think the banner should be gore

Unfortunately, I don't have photoshop...
02.08.2006 - 20:53
Stigmatized
Anyone else able to make banners?
03.08.2006 - 03:01
fire101
Account deleted
Count me in the club. I suck at banner making, so Ill contribute in the only other way I know. CHILDREN OF BODOM MARATHON!!!!!!

IDEA: When the club getsa bigger, we can start a vote thread for all the banners.
03.08.2006 - 06:40
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...it seems time is running out and we haven't seen more banners around here...
----
03.08.2006 - 09:16
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
That Linak/gakt/whatever her name is chick seems to be pretty good at making banners...
03.08.2006 - 10:58
Callette
Account deleted
Why I haven't come here earlier..heh. Yeah, but I could try to do a banner if I only have time
03.08.2006 - 14:29
Callette
Account deleted
Well, this was made very quickly, so here you are:

Comments please
03.08.2006 - 15:08
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by [user id=14676] on 03.08.2006 at 14:29

Well, this was made very quickly, so here you are:

Comments please

Im sure its absolutly great! ... If we could see it hehe