05. Sworn
06. Nonus Aequilibrium
07. The Warriors Of Modern Death
08. Of Blindness & Subsequent Seers
09. Outro

Guest review by
Operalia
Rating:
After the 1997's metal monster "Anthems to the Welkin at dusk", the norwegian bloodhounds Emperor recorded what i call, the perfect follow up. Although "Anthems..." is a practically impossible album to be equaled, "IX Equilibrium" transforms the ideas of the last work in an excellent way, and takes them to a different level; The structure is quite more technical, and more brutal, but the intensity remains. The band's natural virtuosity acts by itself, and here we confirmate the thing that makes Emperor the best: Unity.

Read more ››
published 21.11.2003 | Comments (10)

Found in 16 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 776 users
02.01.2010 - 13:26
Metallife

Fantastic...
25.10.2012 - 02:59
Rating: 8
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
This album is intense! Awesome stuff.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
16.09.2014 - 17:28
Rating: 8
musicalkaratekid

Not quite as immediately intense and engaging as the band's first two albums were, but the musicianship here remains utterly solid and mezmerizing the more you listen. Personal highlights for me would be "Curse You all Men!" and especially the outro to "Of Blindness and subsequent Seers".
03.11.2014 - 22:35
Rating: 7
Erik M.

Unlike the first two Emperor albums, this one doesn't really click with me. The ocassional high-pitched "heavy metal vocals" really are out-of-place too. Sounds damn silly.

Yeah, I guess I'll just stick with the brilliant In The Nightside Eclipse.
28.01.2015 - 07:17
Joe Zombie

Awesome album. I love the guitar work on this one. Solid production; raw but listenable. Favorite track: An Elegy of Icaros.
15.06.2016 - 19:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Musicaly its good, a bit avantgardish but band song titles somehow don't talk to me, needs be more epic
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 13918 | This month: 33