Metal Storm logo
Best (metal) music songs while staying in darkness/night.

13.01.2010 - 07:42
FOOCK Nam
What are your best songs for listening while staying in darkness or in night, both metal and non-metal ?. Discuss and recommendation. For me is the song Fagning of Windir. Staying on bus moving in night seeing the slight light sparkling, best moment !
13.01.2010 - 13:56
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Fear Of The Dark

or anything by Moonsorrow...once in the summer i was returning home around the midnight, two thunderstorms (one came from east, one from west) raging around me and Moonsorrow's Luopion Veri in my ears...epic
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

13.01.2010 - 14:36
Oracle
Orcinus
The Oak by Opera IX because i think it's perfect for the night hours and i also find it to be very eerie. Actually anything off the Sacro Culto album is eerie and great for the late hours... Also anything by Rotting Christ is good too
13.01.2010 - 14:55
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Any one of Lycia's albums.
14.01.2010 - 00:03
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Rosetta - I remember listening to The Galilean Satellites while walking home near midnight, and it sounded great. I guess basically any Post Metal is good stuff to listen at night to.

I personally love listening to The Machinations of Dementia by Blotted Science at night. The music itself creates so much imagery that it's better not to be distracted by anything.

And also I guess The Maniacal Vale by Esoteric.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
14.01.2010 - 09:43
Immortal
Anything by Xasthur, especially 'Prison Of Mirrors' becuase I always listen to this in the dark.
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
14.01.2010 - 15:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Hmm.. if we're talking about stargazing, then maybe Black Sabbath - Planet Caravan(though it's far from metal), if we're talking about darkness and shit ambient stuff should work pretty well.
16.02.2010 - 08:50
Gobobbles
Account deleted
I actually tend to shift more to the doom metal in the dark...like Candlemass or Krux
16.02.2010 - 09:37
Don Martin
le fu-
March Of The War Elephants by Reverend Bizarre is pretty hypnotizing, Planet Caravan and of course Black Sabbath should work too. But I am more of a Death Metaller so what do I know...
----
What a tackastrophe!
16.02.2010 - 09:39
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Lurker Of Chalice - s/t

That was one of the best experiences I've had of lsitening to music in a dark room... It has some of the msot beautiful but at the same time pitch black atmospheres I've heard. It's some sort of tranquility that is really disturbing.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.02.2010 - 19:52
Scourge
There is one song Cradle Of Filth did. i hate them but that song just creeps me out. i dont know why...
----
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and bitter...
14.03.2010 - 17:01
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Written by Valentin B on 14.01.2010 at 15:57

Hmm.. if we're talking about stargazing, then maybe Black Sabbath - Planet Caravan(though it's far from metal), if we're talking about darkness and shit ambient stuff should work pretty well.

Yeah same here. that song shold be considered space metal. Perfect for a well moonlit night
15.03.2010 - 14:18
Nightangel
Love Never Dies by Angelika & Demons. Sleepwalker by Nightwish.
16.03.2010 - 10:08
Bloodmother
Anything by ISOLE specially "from the dark". & Vermilion pt.2 by slipknot
10.06.2010 - 16:43
busta5000
Account deleted
Immortal - all shall fall - the rise of darkness
as I lay dying - frall words collapse - distance is darkness
as I lay dying - shadows are security - the darkest night
10.06.2010 - 19:10
vezzy
Stallmanite
Any Gorgoroth song...
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
10.06.2010 - 19:25
krystal-moon
If I want creepy, then "Years Ago"-Alice Cooper, or "Horse on the Moor"-Deadfly Ensemble (definitely NOT metal, but hey). I guess if it's more of a magical night I'm looking for then I guess something by Blind Guardian would be my choice, like "The Bard's Song: In The Forest" or "Nightfall". Another one could be (again, not metal) the Italian version of "Hijo De Luna" by Mecano.
----
Take my last breath as I fall into Eternity
24.10.2010 - 22:44
Jiri
Ulver - Nattens Madrigal. The whole album.
25.10.2010 - 07:35
Mayhem From The Dark Past is fucking awesome in the dark
24.09.2011 - 14:09
Night Sight
Any song by immortal
any song by draconian
any song by my dying bride
alcest -ecailles de lune album
bathory - a fine day to die
Demonaz - all blackened sky- dying sun
darkthrone - transilvian hunger
forgotten tomb-alone - enthroned by winter
katatonia - brave - rainroom
shape of despair - curse life - angels of distress(it is suitable for sleeping at night)
the angelic prcess - million year summer
cryptal darkness - my etrnal hunger
diving into darkness album by darkseed
tristania - lotus - open ground - equilibrium
astarte - lycon - princess of the dawn
opera ix - beyond the black diamond gate
and many more.... most of the time black metal,gothic and doom metal works well at night
----
Alone in birth
Alone in the darkness
Alone in death
Alone in the daylight
24.09.2011 - 15:42
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
The Lord of the Rings soundtrack
Primordial - The Dark Song
Manowar - Master of the Wind
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans album
Anathema - Judgement album
Aenima - Never Fragile and Sentient albums
Morgion - Solinari album
Dolorian - When All the Laughter Has Gone album
Opeth - Damnation album
Cradle of Filth - Vempire album
Depeche Mode - Violator album
Neurosis - The Eye of Every Storm and A Sun That Never Sets albums
Anything by Katatonia
24.09.2011 - 15:43
ANGEL REAPER
The best of the second wave of black metal...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
24.09.2011 - 21:40
Mattybu
Like Annihilator, Rush, and Black Sabbath are just killer at night. Especially Rush, it just takes me away man.
25.09.2011 - 06:20
Pazu
Pretty much anything by Agalloch I imagine. I've had this idea of going into the forests nearby at night while listening to the mantle via headphones, but I'm just not man enough.
25.09.2011 - 07:08
king_matt
Written by Pazu on 25.09.2011 at 06:20

Pretty much anything by Agalloch I imagine. I've had this idea of going into the forests nearby at night while listening to the mantle via headphones, but I'm just not man enough.

----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
26.09.2011 - 03:29
dr.doom
Xasthur is my favorite music to fall asleep to. Very repetitive... soothing... cold.
29.09.2011 - 16:49
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Listening to metal (Especially black metal) is very good and atmospheric in the dark. Immortal, Emperor, Xasthur, Drudkh..... It sounds like you're in a forest.
29.09.2011 - 22:14
moe5512
The album Stormblåst (2005) by Dimmu Borgir
17.06.2012 - 21:53
Da?bog
Fear of the dark of course....and there is some CoB song where Alexi is whispering something about reaper...i listened to it in bed with my headphones on, max vol and when he started whispering i almost shit my pants....tought somebody is next to me...brrrrahhhh...:D
----
BELIEVE NOTHING, no matter where you read it or who has said it, unless it agrees whit your own reason and your own common sense...
18.06.2012 - 01:09
Lit.
Account deleted
Whitesnake - Still Of The Night
Iced Earth - When The Night Falls
Something from Judas Priest's Painkiller like Night Crawler or A Touch Of Evil
Bathory - Bathory, The Return or Under The Sign of the Black Mark (Any of his other works feel like something that should be listened to come sunrise.)
Bishop Of Hexen
Ghost
And finally, Night Prowler by AC/DC.