Metal Storm logo
Textures - Frontman Leaves Band, New Album Delayed

Vocalist Eric Kalsbeek has left Textures to focus on his job and his family. Due to Eric leaving Textures the release date for the follow up of Silhouettes has been pushed back to the beginning of 2011. The following statement was issued:

"I decided to quit Textures. My life changed, priorities shifted. I can't cope with the heavy touring and the time investment anymore. I need to focus on my job and family. I need to take a few steps back. I've had six beautiful years with the band, did loads of amazing shows, made tons of new friends and created some mind-blowing music. I'm going to miss the guys, and of course you, the fans. I know Textures will continue to conquer the world and give you all great, heavy and awesome music. I wish my successor all the best. I will keep on making music, but something totally different, much more low-profile. Maybe we will meet again. Eric out."

The band is currently auditioning a possible replacement singer and hope to announce him in the coming months. The band states: "We will miss Eric a lot.. We had the greatest times together and these will live on in eternity.. Eric, you rock!"

Source: texturesband.com
Band profile: Textures
Posted: 21.01.2010 by MetalManic_Joel

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 55 users
21.01.2010 - 13:15
Arasazi

Shame, but good luck Eric!
21.01.2010 - 15:43
MeloDeathViking

That really blows, I love the work he did on Silhouettes, I thought it was even better than Drawing Circles.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
22.01.2010 - 02:14
Throne

Just my luck to find another heavy ass band with a good melodic clean vocalist, and then this. His note choice was amazing, and he has lungs of steel. Hopefully his replacement is something I can put up with.
22.01.2010 - 03:08
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Hope they can pull out sth at least as good as Silhouettes with the new vocalist... Good luck, Eric
----
loves 小巫
22.01.2010 - 04:48
Ulv

Awful news, one of my favourite vocalists... well best of luck to him and to the band, i really hope they find a good replacement

Hits total: 3131 | This month: 5