Metal Storm logo
Absu

02.08.2006 - 01:14
Detric
King Of Twilight
Amazing band. Very unique, I only have The Third Storm Of Cythraul, a masterpiece! What do you guys think about them? And can anyone recommend me other albums I should get? Thanks.
02.08.2006 - 03:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I love this band great band great music, one of fiew bands from USA, who know so damn thinks about mitology and lyrics, if I can understand half oh them its be good, so deep celtic history, something fro german history, its those lyrics, I dunno what boocks peopel shood study, ehh if english be my mother langauge probobly I read more bocks about Europeian history, before Medieval times, and about them to, and band are good quality to, 3 people, and so great sound, LOL black metal Rush :rollin:, I never had ehar them live, but probobly live thay are good too
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.08.2006 - 03:06
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I have one album by this band...Tara....that album is pretty cool...I love the opening track with all the bagpipes and then the track that follows it...Pillars of Mercy...what a killer opening to an album...the album keeps getting better...

Absu reminds me of a sped up Slayer...
02.08.2006 - 04:56
Daru Jericho
I too have Tara. Absu are a unique band. They're actually better known than I thought they would be, seeing as I found out about them through a guy who recommends me obscure extreme metal. Anyhow, they're enjoyable and stick out-y. I'd recommend you get this album. Something fresh from US extrme metal.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

02.08.2006 - 12:49
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Tara is a godly album and every extreme metal fan shoud own at least 3 copies What do you guys think of their latest compilation album Mythological Occult Metal?
02.08.2006 - 15:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Daru Jericho on 02.08.2006 at 04:56

I too have Tara. Absu are a unique band. They're actually better known than I thought they would be, seeing as I found out about them through a guy who recommends me obscure extreme metal. Anyhow, they're enjoyable and stick out-y. I'd recommend you get this album. Something fresh from US extrme metal.

Does Tara wasnt town in old Irland where Dublin are, before Vikings boult Dublin or Tara was some godess in old celtic mitology?
In scool I use to watch some old roman time pap in but all was in latin and leson was in mornong so I watch whit sleepy eyes, but I remeber Tara was name of town in Iralnd where Dublin are or betwien Dublin or Cork.

Ore maybe I mix soemthing
----

apos;'
[image]
02.08.2006 - 21:08
IgarTheTerrible
Account deleted
Damn man you have to get tara! its such an amazingly great album! I just got it a few days ago and can't stop listening to it. Its impossible to listen to Tara and not tap my foot to the insanly fast drums; Proscriptor is a god behind the kit.

oh, and for you who don't know you can find a video for Absu's "Manannán" on google Video:
http://video.google.ca/videosearch?q=absu

And im not sure if Tara is a town, but I know that it was said to be the throne to the High king of Ireland:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara%2C_Ireland
03.08.2006 - 00:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=7920] on 02.08.2006 at 21:08

Damn man you have to get tara! its such an amazingly great album! I just got it a few days ago and can't stop listening to it. Its impossible to listen to Tara and not tap my foot to the insanly fast drums; Proscriptor is a god behind the kit.

oh, and for you who don't know you can find a video for Absu's "Manannán" on google Video:

And im not sure if Tara is a town, but I know that it was said to be the throne to the High king of Ireland:

Tara it was in acient days when Roma legions countrol Britania and mayeb earlyer times, nowdays Tara isnt town, but I dunno if Wikipedia are corect there
----

apos;'
[image]
03.08.2006 - 00:18
Damnated
Churchburner
I'm just discovering this band, 'Barthrum' is what i heard so far, I see Tara is very popular here
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
03.08.2006 - 01:22
IgarTheTerrible
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 03.08.2006 at 00:07

Tara it was in acient days when Roma legions countrol Britania and mayeb earlyer times, nowdays Tara isnt town, but I dunno if Wikipedia are corect there

Sorry i thought that you thought it was a town, my mistake.:P
03.08.2006 - 03:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=7920] on 03.08.2006 at 01:22

Written by Bad English on 03.08.2006 at 00:07

Sorry i thought that you thought it was a town, my mistake.:P

Yes I think it was town, but I think you say it is town in nowdays or I misunerstood your post, it was twon in ancient days when world was young if we talking in Absu lyric langauge
----

apos;'
[image]
03.08.2006 - 03:43
IgarTheTerrible
Account deleted
Its refered to as the hill of tara at wikipedia, I have no idea if it is or ever was a town, and if there was(or is) indeed a town near tara i don't think it was(is) called tara. But im no expert
03.08.2006 - 06:27
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
The video for Manannan is terrible
03.08.2006 - 07:25
Surtur
Well these band is great, recently I've heard a compilation and it's awesome, their demos are more death and I don't like them, but when they have a more blackened style it sounds fucking great...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
03.08.2006 - 07:26
IgarTheTerrible
Account deleted
lol yeah, the Manannan video is pretty welfare-esque. but hey, they have yet to reach millionare status and re-create an ancient Celtic Battle There's something nice about a no bullshit video whos only costs are a big backdrop and a cup full of silver paint.
08.08.2006 - 02:17
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
They are a good band. I really liked their last album, "Tara". The riifs are influenced from Destruction mainly and the drumming are so great that i can't describe them.
08.08.2006 - 10:22
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
"lol yeah, the Manannan video is pretty welfare-esque. but hey, they have yet to reach millionare status and re-create an ancient Celtic Battle There's something nice about a no bullshit video whos only costs are a big backdrop and a cup full of silver paint. ""

Yeah, definately makes a change from all the super commercial videos around at the moment.
09.08.2006 - 12:03
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Blackened Thrash? If it is anything like Bestial Mockery, I'll it.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
09.08.2006 - 12:05
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Its somewhat similar to Bestial Mockery, maybe a bit more thrashy and less punkish.
09.08.2006 - 12:10
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Good, I actually didn't wait for a reply but just downloaded Tara. Hope it wont be too slow.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
09.08.2006 - 12:13
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
www.myspace.com/absu
Pillars Of Mercy! Check it out while you wait
09.08.2006 - 12:15
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Thanks!

NP: From Ancient Times.

Nice drumming. Bit average vocals. This is a lot more Thrashy than Bestial Mockery.

Anyway, thanks a lot. This is some real good stuff, me thinks.
----

09.08.2006 - 12:20
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Remember, they are only samples too. The real thing is much better I havent heard all that much Bestial Mockery, so maybe Absu are a lot more thrashy
Yeah, Proscriptor is a machine on drums....
09.08.2006 - 12:28
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Try them out then! I especially like Bestial's song: Chainsaw Demons Return.. you have these harsh vocals schreeching Chainsaw Demonszzzz Retuuurn.. and then the sound of a chainsaw.. pretty funny.

But way too off-topic. I'll post further when I have heard more Absu.
----

09.08.2006 - 12:37
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Cool, will do.
09.08.2006 - 15:29
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
NP: Absu-Pillars Of Mercy

good song! great drums, nice vocals.. the guitar works sounds a little simple, but who cares.. good stuff.
----

10.08.2006 - 00:23
Snake-Eye
Account deleted
Good band, CRAZY drumwork!!!

My favorite is : She Cries the Quiet Lake (from Tara)
15.08.2006 - 23:13
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I have only heard several songs from them but I still don't have an album as I should. I don't know if anyone would agree with me but the vocals, especially in "Tara", remind me of that from Grutle Kjellson (or vice versa). Some of their lyrics, or part of them, could also fit perfectly inside the Power Metal lyrical themes. They are, unquestionably, one of those bands that still hold the Metal flag in the United States.
----
Christless
15.08.2006 - 23:32
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Who is Grutle Kjellson?

Haven't checked their lyrics, so can't say about Power Metal. Will check them now.
----

15.08.2006 - 23:43
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Vocals and bass from Enslaved.
----
Christless