Metal Storm logo
Equilibrium - Part Ways With Vocalist And Drummer, Update

German pagan metallers Equilibrium have parted ways with vocalist Helge Stang and drummer Manuel Di Camillo. This has been reported by the organizers of Winterfire Festival at which Equilibrium were supposed to perfom next weekend (13th February 2010). So far the band itself has only published the following statement on its official Myspace site:

"We regret to inform you that we have to cancel our appearance at Winterfire Festival due to serious restructuring within the band. We regret this deeply and hope for your understanding. Of course we will inform you as soon as possible about the future of Equilibrium."

UPDATED on 13.02.2010:

By now the band has confirmed the split officially. The statement on the band's Myspace reads as follows:

"Unfortunately we have to tell you that Helge, Manu and Equilibrium go their separate ways for personal reasons. We parted on amicable terms and we wish them all the best for their future. We really had an amazing time with them on stage!
Certainly, this split is not going to impact the music of Equilibrium which means the songs will still be composed by René Berthiaume. At the moment, we are recording our third album at Helion Studios in Munich which will be released in June. And we can already give away that this album will contain plenty of bombast, harshness, epic poetry, emotions, curious musical surprises and much more!
Every announced concert is going to take place! (Except for the Winterfire-Festival) Of course you will be informed instantly, as soon as we've got any news about new Equilibrium band members."

Source: burningstage.net
Band profile: Equilibrium
Event: Winterfire Festival
Posted: 13.02.2010 by Promonex

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 69   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 368 users
10.02.2010 - 19:58
Baz Anderson
Staff
What???!
10.02.2010 - 20:01
DAMN!!!! this sucks
----
We just have one life... SO LISTEN TO METAL!!!!
10.02.2010 - 20:01
X5452
Account deleted
I never liked the vocalist anyway
10.02.2010 - 20:02
JÄY
Metal slave
Maybe the new vocalist will be compelled to sing in english......THE LANGUAGE OF METAL!!!
10.02.2010 - 20:03
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Great.. now we're gonna have a completly different band with the same name...
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
10.02.2010 - 20:07
MeloDeathViking
This is some of the worst news I've heard in a long time
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
10.02.2010 - 20:08
Feng
Hrm, well that sucks. Hopefully they can get good replacements!
10.02.2010 - 20:11
annodomini
Written by Uirapuru on 10.02.2010 at 20:03

Great.. now we're gonna have a completly different band with the same name...

Why? No one of musicians arnet gone. But yes, this is strange, indeed, cause not long ago, they promised a new album this year. I believe we have to wait more now. Interesting...
----
the riddle wants to be...
10.02.2010 - 20:20
Asitis
Well god DAMN! Just when I was to see them live :S
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
10.02.2010 - 20:35
csiga
Munin
Deleeeeeete this news!!! Janne will cut through his veins
----

i survived the lake bodom!
10.02.2010 - 20:36
warrior_of_ice
What the fuck?????? why???
10.02.2010 - 20:40
Inlé
Oh dear.
10.02.2010 - 20:44
Arasazi
Bloody shame..
10.02.2010 - 20:46
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by JÄY on 10.02.2010 at 20:02

Maybe the new vocalist will be compelled to sing in english......THE LANGUAGE OF METAL!!!

Only one language of metal... and it can still be spoken by instrumental metal bands.
10.02.2010 - 20:59
Written by Irritable Ted on 10.02.2010 at 20:41

Is Jari busy at the moment? I'm sure he has the Time!

Haha well thought
----
We just have one life... SO LISTEN TO METAL!!!!
10.02.2010 - 21:08
Janne
Hugin
Oh god. part ways with the singer.. who cares? ..but the drummer did so nice works! :/
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
10.02.2010 - 21:20
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Introspekrieg on 10.02.2010 at 20:46

Only one language of metal... and it can still be spoken by instrumental metal bands.

Love? >:[
10.02.2010 - 21:28
FeskarN
Noooo!!!!!! Tell us why?!!
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
10.02.2010 - 21:29
VPeter
Great news, the singer was the worst part of the band anyway.
10.02.2010 - 21:41
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
What the hell? no!!!

and FUCK singing in English as long as the other language sounds good which did there
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

10.02.2010 - 21:53
Devilspeed
What the fuck?
10.02.2010 - 22:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
FUCK singing in English
----

10.02.2010 - 22:13
MissRagnarok
Holy fuck, that sucks big time =( what about Paganfest? will they have found replacements by then..
----
For I am so omniscient that if there were to be two omnisciences's; I would be both!
- Ziltoid
10.02.2010 - 22:15
MissRagnarok
Written by Irritable Ted on 10.02.2010 at 20:41

Is Jari busy at the moment? I'm sure he has the Time!

LOL!
----
For I am so omniscient that if there were to be two omnisciences's; I would be both!
- Ziltoid
10.02.2010 - 22:35
lemuria19
This sucks, they are one of my favorite bands! Does anybody know who in the band wrote the music?
10.02.2010 - 22:38
Winterthrone

Maybe you should think a little before posting stupid comments like that:no: There is no language that can not fit with metal...It's not because the first Metal Band was an English band (Black Sabbath) and that the majority of bands are singing in english, that english is the language of metal. Anyway, English is the international language nowadays, so the majority of music in every genre is in English and that doesn't make English the language of music.
A lot of metal bands sing in French, Russian, or their Native language and that does'nt make them less metal. Equilibrium don't sing in English cause they want to add a folk vibe that comes from their roots, and they are not native of an English country, what's your problem with that? You don't understand the lyrics, just look for a translation on the internet and stop whining!
Anyway this is bad news for the band, hope they find a decent replacement for these two members.
10.02.2010 - 22:41
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by Winterthrone on 10.02.2010 at 22:38

Maybe you should think a little before posting stupid comments like that:no: There is no language that can not fit with metal...It's not because the first Metal Band was an English band (Black Sabbath) and that the majority of bands are singing in english, that english is the language of metal. Anyway, English is the international language nowadays, so the majority of music in every genre is in English and that doesn't make English the language of music.
A lot of metal bands sing in French, Russian, or their Native language and that does'nt make them less metal. Equilibrium don't sing in English cause they want to add a folk vibe that comes from their roots, and they are not native of an English country, what's your problem with that? You don't understand the lyrics, just look for a translation on the internet and stop whining!
Anyway this is bad news for the band, hope they find a decent replacement for these two members.

touchy, aint he?
10.02.2010 - 23:12
mpdeimos
Written by JÄY on 10.02.2010 at 22:41

Written by Winterthrone on 10.02.2010 at 22:38

touchy, aint he?

well since i am german and i understand what he sings/growls i must say, that english just wouldn't fit. Moreover some parts are sung in 'bavarian german', so wouldn't make sense for english here at all.

equilibrium is authentic w/ german vocals. sad to know that the two members are leaving. I already looked forward to the 2010 album...
10.02.2010 - 23:13
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
There is nothing better or worse about English, simply another language and quite widespread one...maybe except the fact you understand the lyrics easily, which but isnt always the point of metal music...
----

10.02.2010 - 23:16
Sentenced Odiin
gothic.moorion@gmail.com
What the fuck? i like Helge very much..i had a great converstation with him at Heidenfest...btw music will not change as the composer is rené, Helge wrote the lyrics..but sad news, yeah..:(
----
Life has given me much, maybe taken more...

Hits total: 10685 | This month: 23