Metal Storm logo
Apocalyptica

Original post

Posted by Bitch Boy, 05.08.2006 - 03:31
I looked for a topic about this amazing band but didn't find, so here it is. Better known in their earlier works for covering such bands like Sepultura, Pantera, Slayer and obviously Metallica, they've now turned their sound into something more melodic, electric and adding drums (since Reflections) and guest vocals (since Cult).

So what do you think about Metallica's and other bands' covers? Do you like their progression or do you really miss "Inquisition Symphony" and "Plays Metallica"?
10.06.2007 - 05:55
graywolf87
Account deleted
...these guys deserve to play with metallica, maybe it would be S&M part II?...another masterpiece of symphonic music I would say...listen to "One" and you'll get the picture.

I like Apocalyptica but some songs are just to stupid to be part of such great sound (repressed) featuring old Sepultura's badass singer Max Cavalera and this other gay voice from the vocalist of a gaycore band. Don't know why max accepted to be ridiculed in such a way...me and my friends laugh when we listen to that song since we worship old Sepultura.
10.06.2007 - 16:46
Damned-In-Black
I can't say I'm too confident with their new album, whenever it's due - considering the vocal collaborations it supposedly includes. Granted, I haven't heard all the vocalists involved, but the ones I do know are far from impressive. Plus, their previous vocal-collaborations have ranged from average to downright awful, in my opinion... Who knows though, maybe they'll surprise me.
Personally, I love "Cult", but don't find much of their other material to reach that high level..
10.06.2007 - 18:34
Warman
Erotic Stains
Are Apocalyptica really that good live? I've heard a lot of people claiming that they are awesome live, but I mean... doesn't it get boring after a while? Just listening to instrumentals? Maybe I'm "shallow", but I do need a singer to sing along with during the show.
----
10.06.2007 - 22:44
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ Warman It's all about the energy on the stage. It's hypnotic. The way the play and mosh...all the adrenaline. They can catch your attention without vocals.
----
You'll never walk alone.
10.06.2007 - 22:52
Bitch Boy
@ Warman: maybe it's boring for some people because there are no "cool vocals" or "cool guitars", but I've seen them a couple of times live and are just great. You literally feel their sound inside of you.
16.06.2007 - 20:52
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Warman on 10.06.2007 at 18:34

Are Apocalyptica really that good live? I've heard a lot of people claiming that they are awesome live, but I mean... doesn't it get boring after a while? Just listening to instrumentals? Maybe I'm "shallow", but I do need a singer to sing along with during the show.

I saw them live in 2000 or 2001 and it was amasing. It was, as Ernotar said, hypnotic. The lights, the music and the atmosphere in the tent (it was at Roskilde Festival) just melted together creating one of the most unique music experienses I've ever had. So yes they are really that good live and it does not get boring
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
07.08.2007 - 23:33
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Metalhead.ro has uploaded a new 15-minute audio interview with Perttu Kivilaakso. You can listen to the interview at this location.
09.08.2007 - 13:50
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Apocalyptica have launched an official YouTube channel featuring all of their official video clips. Check it out at this location. Enjoy.
29.08.2007 - 23:39
duyhung
Account deleted
I've just watched "i'm not Jesus" video clip. well, the song is a bit like a nu-metal piece don't like it very much, but still waiting for their new album
09.09.2007 - 17:39
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Four new tracks from the forthcoming album are featuring on Apocalyptica's myspace page .

http://www.myspace.com/apocalyptica

They sounds ok - apart from "I Don't Care" , which is a bit 'power ballad' for my taste.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
12.09.2007 - 15:45
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
The four tracks on their myspace are ok...nothing special imo, but decent
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
18.09.2007 - 02:34
RiouxMax
=D In my opinion, on the last album, the songs with a singer just suck (except for helden wich is very good ^^) I'm not jesus is nu-metal, i don't care is emo, Sos is just nothing special...aport from these, the album is great^^ Grace, stroke and Last hope are my favorite =P
20.09.2007 - 03:33
duyhung
Account deleted
At last their new album has been released here in England. But ... arghhh... i dont have enough money for it now
27.09.2007 - 10:59
Øyvind
Grave Digger
I haven't heard their latest album, but I like their music. They had a great gig in Belgrade in 2006 (they went out for a third encore), and in Novi Sad at the Exit festival in 2005, but back then few people knew about their Apocalyptica album, so it was kind of dull at times.
----
29.09.2007 - 05:17
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
The new album is quite good, IMO. Maybe too many "featurings", but hey, "I'm Not Jesus" with Corey taylor from Slipknot kicks ass!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
14.10.2007 - 06:39
Mustis
Account deleted
yeah for sure this guys can play with metallica, i saw them live, awesome. i like all metallica albums except the last one, worlds collide, i dont like apocalyptica songs with special guests and this have a lot of special guests.
16.10.2007 - 20:45
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A three-minute video clip documenting the making of the "S.O.S. (Anything but Love)" video can be viewed at this location.

Apocalyptica shoted this video "S.O.S. (Anything but Love)" in Vilnius, Lithuania. The clip features a guest appearance by Lacuna Coil singer Cristina Scabbia.
17.10.2007 - 10:33
1793 elegy
Apocalyptica is one of my first favorite metal bands. Hmmm, i suppose, like evry starting band, they were trying out their sound kinda leaning on somthing solid as is Metallica and those bands are. they didn't go wrong apperantly. Although their sound from the first albums were very nice and raw, i really think their true sound and creativity came out when they got mikko siren and started out in Reflections. But i think all the albums are magnificent work.
19.10.2007 - 12:47
Fuath
apocalyptica are awesome!!! i have gotten so many of my friends into them, i think they need to make more of there own songs, i know they have heaps, but i wanna hear more of the songs that alternate between heavy then soft and then speed up, mind u, the cover of slayers angel of death was freakin amazing!!!!
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

24.10.2007 - 00:28
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A new video interview with Apocalyptica has been posted online at Toazted.com at this location.
26.10.2007 - 05:20
Ellie
Account deleted
I listened to Cult Special Edition on my way home on the bus today. I forgot how atmospheric this band was! The music just practically takes you to Finland.
27.11.2007 - 18:00
Finicella
Account deleted
I like Apocalyptica, BUT: I totally dislike all those vocals in the songs! Some I can listen to, some I really hate. For example "Bittersweet"... It destroys everything of the band, in my opinion. I heard them playing Bittersweet live, without Lauri and Ville, and it sounded just perfect. :3
28.11.2007 - 14:46
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Germany's Rockster.tv recently conducted a 16-minute interview with Apocalyptica. You ca watch it at this location.
16.04.2008 - 21:15
Lord TJ
Ok im sure you guys have been seeing the advertisement banner on this site for their new CD right? Is it me or is that a girl that has the blonde hair? It looks like a chick to me but in their profile I didn't find any girl members.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
17.04.2008 - 00:02
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Lord TJ on 16.04.2008 at 21:15

Ok im sure you guys have been seeing the advertisement banner on this site for their new CD right? Is it me or is that a girl that has the blonde hair? It looks like a chick to me but in their profile I didn't find any girl members.

Haha - no that's not a girl that's Eicca Toppinen.

He does have girlie hair though
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
17.04.2008 - 04:40
Lord TJ
Written by hanna of steel on 17.04.2008 at 00:02

He does have girlie hair though

And features too!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
17.04.2008 - 19:49
Elodie Artour
Slania
Haha.TJ,I understand you.Eicca does look a bit girlie,especially if it comes to his hair.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
29.04.2008 - 00:11
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Elodie Artour on 17.04.2008 at 19:49

Haha.TJ,I understand you.Eicca does look a bit girlie,especially if it comes to his hair.

I'd like to have girlie hair then.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
11.05.2008 - 18:36
Elodie Artour
Slania
Happy birthday to Perttu!Wish him all the best!
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
18.05.2008 - 01:58
ScabbeD'~
Written by [user id=27150] on 27.11.2007 at 18:00

I like Apocalyptica, BUT: I totally dislike all those vocals in the songs! Some I can listen to, some I really hate. For example "Bittersweet"... It destroys everything of the band, in my opinion. I heard them playing Bittersweet live, without Lauri and Ville, and it sounded just perfect. :3

I recommend u to listen bittersweet again...
Dont u think they have enough instrumental songS?!
There is no doubt that Cello Sounds Perfect,but it really needs complement!