Metal Storm logo
Greatest Metal Video Ever... So Far

I'm pretty sure most of you mastered the basics of reading, so this title speaks for itself really. Here's a video so ridiculously awesome - or awesomely ridiculous, that's up to you - we decided to create a whole new feature just for similar special occasions.

The point of this new feature is to find the greatest metal video in the history of awesome. The more hilarious/eccentric/ludicrous the video the better...

Current heavyweight champion defending his belt is White Wizzard - Over The Top.

As the song title subtly gave away, this is nothing but pure over the top traditional metal madness. White Wizzard are bringing true heavy metal to the wild wild west... but how! You really need to see this to believe it. This video/piece of art/cause of recurring nightmares is as epic as they come. A pinnacle of cheese. Wrong on so many different levels. But you know what, in a strange way, I totally dig this particular travesty.

Interesting piece of trivia: the clip is directed by Dave Vorhes. The same guy who shot the other over the top White Wizzard gem "High Speed GTO" [video], which won the "Best Music Video" trophy at the 2008 Action on Film Festival. Ahh.

White Wizzard's debut Over the Top was released on February 8th in Europe and will be available in N. America on March 9th.

White Wizzard - Over The Top

In celebration of this new feature and to set the mood right - and because I have absolutely no friggin' idea what else to do with the following video - here's a little bonus for ya. By watching it, you'll understand why Vision is easily my new favorite all-girl metal band. These chicks know how to rock!

Vision - Bury You Alive

[If you found these videos devastatingly unfunny and/or painful to watch, and think you can do much better, shoot a private message to Thryce with your suggestions for next time's edition (coming soon). Videos preferably as recent as possible!]

Source: metalstorm.eu
Posted: 23.02.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 38   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 688 users
22.02.2010 - 11:10
FeskarN
Haha, those vids were pretty different somehow and funny at the same time.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
22.02.2010 - 11:18
Black_Handed
A village idiot
White wizzard: OH NO! ELEVATOR MUSIC!!! nice video, really. altough the music sounds way too much like iron maiden (IM is cool, but copying isnt), except for the solos, which are pretty nice.

vision: old school, even with out of sync sound. somewhat reminds me of nirvanas in bloom video.

but to be honest...nothing tops the grim frostbitten ridiculousness of........CALL OF THE WINTERMOON!!
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
22.02.2010 - 11:45
Giza
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAH! That White Wizard video just made my day!!! APPLE JUICE!!!! The guitaris with the Les Paul looks like a young James Hetfield!
22.02.2010 - 11:52
Warman
Erotic Stains
This is like the essence of true metal!
----
22.02.2010 - 11:56
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I only dont understand what does this do among News...is it that the news should be "White Wizzard - New Videoclip Online", but you wanted to be original this time?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

22.02.2010 - 12:03
silenius
Written by Black_Handed on 22.02.2010 at 11:18

White wizzard: OH NO! ELEVATOR MUSIC!!! nice video, really. altough the music sounds way too much like iron maiden (IM is cool, but copying isnt), except for the solos, which are pretty nice.

vision: old school, even with out of sync sound. somewhat reminds me of nirvanas in bloom video.

but to be honest...nothing tops the grim frostbitten ridiculousness of........CALL OF THE WINTERMOON!!

HAHA call of the wintermoon is by far the best music video ever made^^
22.02.2010 - 12:09
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 22.02.2010 at 11:56

I only dont understand what does this do among News...is it that the news should be "White Wizzard - New Videoclip Online", but you wanted to be original this time?

This is more of a regular new feature rather than news. Stay tuned for more.
22.02.2010 - 13:39
Silent Creeper
Senile Veteran
White Wizard may sound like Iron Maiden but they are one of best IM "copies" I heard in a while... Must check them out. Great video too
22.02.2010 - 13:41
BudDa
Elite
Haha. luv White Wizzard. Had never though had of Vision..
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
22.02.2010 - 15:05
thingy.
White Wizzard's vid was pure gold. I mean like god damn, power rangers are pure amateurs compared to their summoning of the wizard.:lol:
22.02.2010 - 16:22
patrickmetal12
No way these are the best Metal videos...
They might be funny-ish... But i seriously think you should reconsider which is the "best" metal video.
My choises would be: Down with the Sun. By: Insomnium or From Afar by: Ensiferum.
22.02.2010 - 16:27
patrickmetal12
Common!
Viking Zombies!!!
nothing can ever beat that!
22.02.2010 - 16:50
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
The expression on my face after watching "Over The Top" was very similar to the following: 030
----
loves 小巫
22.02.2010 - 17:21
WorpeX
Made of Metal
White Wizzard video was awesome although the song is kind of boring. I liked Vision though, too bad you dont have a page for them.
22.02.2010 - 18:31
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Imo we should change the ms logo from laiho to the WW holding the V aloft at roughly the 5:08 mark or so.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
22.02.2010 - 18:51
Valentin B
Iconoclast
The WW video is good, but imo they need to dial back a lot on the Maiden and Priest influences, FFS one of their songs on the debut album has the main riff lifted from Desert Plains by Priest only played twice as fast. you know which..
22.02.2010 - 19:46
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by patrickmetal12 on 22.02.2010 at 16:27

Common!
Viking Zombies!!!
nothing can ever beat that!

you are talking about new Finntroll?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

22.02.2010 - 20:19
JÄY
Metal slave
Yeah, these guys are pretty cool, but i dunno, its like their goal to be retro...so theyll never be great...always silly Iron Maiden rip-off-boys
22.02.2010 - 21:15
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by patrickmetal12 on 22.02.2010 at 16:22

No way these are the best Metal videos...
They might be funny-ish... But i seriously think you should reconsider which is the "best" metal video.
My choises would be: Down with the Sun. By: Insomnium or From Afar by: Ensiferum.

This is only about funny metal videos
(The only ones worth watching )
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
22.02.2010 - 22:35
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Every song could use a little soprano sax. >:[
22.02.2010 - 23:35
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
666 proof liquor?! sign me UP!!
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
23.02.2010 - 02:52
Slyfang
I vote for Meshuggah's "New Millennium Cyanide Christ"
23.02.2010 - 03:17
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Damn, I won't be able to sleep tonight, damn you Thyrce!!!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
23.02.2010 - 04:40
BlankFile
White Wizard is awsome! AHAHAHAHHA
Apple Juice! LOL
23.02.2010 - 05:22
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Ha ha! I have fooled you! The alcohol was actually apple juice! You will now die from apple poisoning!
23.02.2010 - 07:21
White Wizard give me hope that metal bands will stop making videos in abandoned factories.
23.02.2010 - 09:29
DP_Megachiva
Account deleted
The White Wizzard video is awesome, it fits perfectly a song called "over the top"

The music is also great... WW looks like a promising band
They sound like a mix between Iron Maiden and Dio-era Black Sabbath
23.02.2010 - 10:49
Giza
Written by BitterCOld on 22.02.2010 at 18:31

Imo we should change the ms logo from laiho to the WW holding the V aloft at roughly the 5:08 mark or so.

Umm I think it's Randy Rhoads, not Laiho.
23.02.2010 - 17:18
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by Guest on 23.02.2010 at 05:22

Ha ha! I have fooled you! The alcohol was actually apple juice! You will now die from apple poisoning!
quite snow white-ish
----
loves 小巫
23.02.2010 - 18:36
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Giza on 23.02.2010 at 10:49

Written by BitterCOld on 22.02.2010 at 18:31

Umm I think it's Randy Rhoads, not Laiho.

umm, no. per the boss/site designer/uber metalhead himself:

18:21 - Ivan
Based on Laiho's image. Officially, it's a "metal hero".
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!

Hits total: 10256 | This month: 11