¿Which one is the best?

Epica
After Forever
Within Temptation
Nemesea

Total votes: 94
05.08.2006 - 22:03
DarkMistress
The Netherlands have the better female fronted bands, i´m really interested in them, i like the combination of metal with great voices, so i decided to took the most representative ones.

I´m with After Forever, they´re just awesome, what about you?
----
Wait in fire
06.08.2006 - 00:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
From list well its hard to choose
I like all but I never had listen Nemesea, I know only name.

So best probobly After Forever, I like song ''My Choose'' and it wa sfirts band from holand what I hear, I mean firts female fronted band

Secend band what I like are Epica, great operathic music,

Witin Tamtation, if male mambers be long hair I probobly listen them more

About Namesea I know how locks singer, she is cute, but I never had found any songs or albums of her in local shops, and maybe i try them.

Others:
There are some good bands from Holand like Autumn great gothic metal whit nice female voice
Imperis - female singer locks like Pamela Anderson :puke:

Ok if Belgium part where speek duich counts then KELTGAR are amazing, amazing bands
Try this band in myspace Angeli di Pietra thay are from Belgium
Probobly we all know Dance Macabra

Those are bands what I know
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.08.2006 - 00:41
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I also go with After Forever, they're first two albums are incredible... I'm just in love with "Prison Of Desire", it has blood-chilling songs...

I don't really like any of the other bands on the list.
06.08.2006 - 19:57
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I've never listened to Nemesea, and among the other 3, it was a hard decision, because I love all these bands, I know that Floor Jansen has specially a beautiful voice, and I really like Sharon Den Adel and Simone Simons's voices , but my vote goes for Epica, not only for the vocals, but for the music
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
06.08.2006 - 20:04
Alouqua
Account deleted
NO!!!!! I can't choose... I love both bands (Epica and After Forever) and for me this a a battle between this two amazing bands. But as I do in the Epica versus After Forever I choose After Forever, same reasons.
I haven't heard Nemesea, and i can't compare WT with AF or Epica because I love Floor and Simone, Floor with his powerful voice and Simone with his sweet and soft voice...
06.08.2006 - 21:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
They kinda suck. Well, on cd at least. The only recorded song of those bands I can stand is After Forever's cover of 'The Evil That Men Do'. That's quite a nice song.

Live however, the three I have seen (all except Nemesea) are pretty good. My favorite show was perhaps from Epica. They surprised me, back then.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
07.08.2006 - 01:54
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
All are good bands but to me After Forever just doesnt do it,and Within Temptation is too mainstream for me.So I chose Epica.Though I like Within Temptation more I feel Epica is better.
07.08.2006 - 15:11
Lupas
Maximus
It was a hard decision betwenn Epica and After Forever , but i vote for Epica.
Thier style and aslo her voice (apart from her apperance) are the best from all
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
08.08.2006 - 15:04
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Well, as I used to be all over the female-fronted bands, I can still stand my fave - After Forever. Within Temptation just bore me, Sharon is too plain, they have only two good songs, Deep Within that doesn't include Sharon's vox at all and Aquarius, which I like for personal reasons. Nemesea then there is the same, I just don't find anything appealing in their music so it would make me say WHOA that's sth new and incredible. Epica then has also managed to make a single song which I like, which is Feint.

AF then are a different story. Floor is one of the most powerful voices out there and as much as I was shocked with her style on Invisible Circles I prefer that onto opera vocals she did on previous albums. Not to metnion I really dislike prog but AF make it listenable to me.

And you forgot to put out there the best and most amazing band Holland has - The Gathering! Now that's probably the only female-fronted band I still listen (as I said, I totally lost my appeal to female-fronted bands and gothic metal in general). Anneke has the ownage all around. She's the gal noone can match and she'll keep rocking on till the end of the days....
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
08.08.2006 - 21:11
heresiarch
Forever Dead
WT ,Epica and AF are all pretty cool but I haven't heard of Nemesea could somebody tell me
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
08.08.2006 - 21:59
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Ah yes, The Gathering. How could I forget about them. They aren't really known, are they?
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
08.08.2006 - 23:03
lordz
IzZo
Written by Lucas on 08.08.2006 at 21:59

Ah yes, The Gathering. How could I forget about them. They aren't really known, are they?

Come on @Nervel
The Gathering are more famous then some of the bands on this poll!!!

These guys went all over from death to rock

I like most their albums.... my favorite is their first "Always" cause its Doom/Death and I love Death vocals
but their other albums are so great too

But I'm not gonna complain ... I know you forgot so I'm not stressing on why you didnt put them on the poll

my vote goes to After Forever ... cause their pretty talented and I listen to them more than the other bands mentioned in this poll
08.08.2006 - 23:04
DarkMistress
yes they are known, but not as much as AF and Epica
----
Wait in fire
08.08.2006 - 23:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by lordz on 08.08.2006 at 23:03

Written by Lucas on 08.08.2006 at 21:59

Come on @Nervel
The Gathering are more famous then some of the bands on this poll!!!

These guys went all over from death to rock

I like most their albums.... my favorite is their first "Always" cause its Doom/Death and I love Death vocals
but their other albums are so great too

Hmm. You know it probably better than me. It's just, you see people drooling over AF, Epica, WT all over, everywhere. I haven't heard much people talk about The Gathering.
----

08.08.2006 - 23:14
lordz
IzZo
Written by Lucas on 08.08.2006 at 23:06

Hmm. You know it probably better than me. It's just, you see people drooling over AF, Epica, WT all over, everywhere. I haven't heard much people talk about The Gathering.

I dont blame you I know like 7 metal heads here in saudi and they all know The gathering... but I never heared them mention WT or Nemesea
08.08.2006 - 23:31
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Well, it's completely the other way around here.
----

08.08.2006 - 23:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Lucas on 08.08.2006 at 23:31

owadays it is. But in the earlt nineties WE (the DUtch) only had The Gathering, but the female vocals were on a very small part of the music back then. Always is a true masterpiece in the death/doom genre, and IMO nothing they ever did after that came close.

The most influential Dutch band with female vocals people seem to forget is Orphanage, wuithout them there would have been NO After Forever, Epica, Within Temptation etc. They were the biggest influence on those bands.
So, please people... don't you dare ever forget about Orphanage
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.08.2006 - 23:59
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.08.2006 at 23:54

Written by Lucas on 08.08.2006 at 23:31

owadays it is. But in the earlt nineties WE (the DUtch) only had The Gathering, but the female vocals were on a very small part of the music back then. Always is a true masterpiece in the death/doom genre, and IMO nothing they ever did after that came close.

The most influential Dutch band with female vocals people seem to forget is Orphanage, wuithout them there would have been NO After Forever, Epica, Within Temptation etc. They were the biggest influence on those bands.

Could be true, I don't dare to question it.

But well, back in the early ninetees I still was a fetus/nose-picker-eater. I don't remember much, except that.
----

09.08.2006 - 13:49
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
A hard choice. I really like all the bands (except Nemesa, 'cause I don't know them). But I ended up voting for After Forever...hard to say why it turned out to be them because they're all great, but quite different.

@Nervel: I have a single track with The Gathering called Confusion. That is a great track. Haven't been able to find more with them unfortunatly
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
09.08.2006 - 14:43
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i voted for after forever,because they are more original than the other bands(except for nemesea,which i haven't listened to).i mean af put something more than just "ravens,beauty in black,shadows dancing,my world crumbles to dus and pieces"-gothic metal(not saying that all bands are like that)
11.08.2006 - 03:24
Bitch Boy
I voted After Forever. I like WT and Epica too, but I didn't have any doubt when submiting my vote. I like AF's musical progression, from an atmospheric-gothic to a symphonic-prog metal band. Floor's voice is the best, it's quite different from Sharon's and from Simone's, but I still prefer Floor because of its power and beauty. And... there wouldn't have been any Epica if Mark Jansen had never left AF, and AF have done well without him.
12.08.2006 - 05:40
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.08.2006 at 23:54

You're so right. Orphanage had such a huge influence on metal and so many people don't realize that. I have high respect for them due to their pioneering efforts but personaly I'm not a fan of their music. I couldn't enjoy either vocalist so that made it hard to enjoy the music at all!

In this poll I voted for After Forever of course. They reign supreme over many bands today, female fronted or not. After Forever ranks among the great prog bands of today, and Floor plays a huge role in that. Her voice is inspiring and worthy of the band's creative and engaging song-writing (and keyboarding). I don't actually think it's fair for WT, Epica, etc to be compared to AF because AF is so different nowadays. Their latest 3 releases really put them a step above the rest.

If The Gathering was on this poll I would have still voted for AF, but I would have paused and thought about it for a long time....
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
12.08.2006 - 15:23
duyhung
Account deleted
I've just realized that you guys seem to forget Van der Veer and her band Ambeon.
Back to the poll, I have to say that this is the first time I've heard of Nemesea so I have no idea of them. about the rest, AF's managed so well since Mark left the band and I see nothing to complain about them now. Epica is also a good band (and their vocalist, Simone is cute!!!). Though WT 's changed a lot since their debut but they're still one of my favourite bands. So, maybe I'll vote for WT though all bands are so good
12.08.2006 - 22:07
DarkMistress
i just thought about the most well known actual bands, i know Orphanage was one of the awesomest band that have ever existed
----
Wait in fire
16.02.2007 - 15:33
aya
well, I voted for WT. they have a good music, especially 2nd and 1st albums are masterpieces. in addition to that they're the only band that I've seen:cry:

Others:
The Gathering: Is it true they aren't popular as much as young bands, AF and Epica.. ? *sad*
Stream Of Passion: aw they're not band, but great music anyway.
16.02.2007 - 16:32
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
Me votes Epica, coz me thinks that Epica have a very wonderful vocalist and I think the switching between female and growl vocals is extraordinary and their riffs are amazing
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
16.02.2007 - 23:00
APOHAKC
The Bard
I voted for Within Temptation cause I think they are cute, especially Sharon, she is definetly cuter than other Sharon, Osbourn. Their music is ok, they are little comercial but everyone is. I like the first album more than others but all albums are fine
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
22.02.2007 - 23:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Mmm, the best Dutch female fronted bands aren't featured her IMO.

Best one ever is for me:
Acrostichon
brutal old school death metal with growls that would make Angela Gossow jealous.

Then:
Sinister
with Rachel on vocals, also much better growls than Angela

and
currently:
Infinited Hate
also with Rachel on vocals.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.02.2007 - 06:31
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.02.2007 at 23:44

currently:
Infinited Hate

you know...I think I heard this band a while ago, but I thought the vocalist was a dude lol. I'm wondering though...did Rachel leave the band? I'm wondering because she wasn't listed as a member on their website.
23.02.2007 - 06:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 23.02.2007 at 06:31

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.02.2007 at 23:44

currently:
Infinited Hate

you know...I think I heard this band a while ago, but I thought the vocalist was a dude lol. I'm wondering though...did Rachel leave the band? I'm wondering because she wasn't listed as a member on their website.

As far as I knwo she did leave Infinited Hate and Aad is doing vocal duty now.

Yep she did leave, just checked it on her myspace profile:
http://www.myspace.com/rachelheyzer
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996