Metal Storm logo
Emperor

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 06.08.2006 - 22:23
I just saw my all-time favorite band Emperor live at Wacken 2006. And I now see that theese almighty guys doesnt even have a thread here! Well here I am to worship the Emperor. Lets chat a little about Emperor.

What do you think about Emperor and why?
What is your fav. albums / songs / cover art
Is there any --> good <-- similar bands to any of Emperor's diffrent sounds.

You get the idea mates just get a discussion running of this awesome band.

And one more thing, no meaningless posts like "Emperor sucks" or "Emperor rocks". Please put a little more effort, its more fun to read for everyone.

/Cheers Basso
09.08.2006 - 18:31
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I like them both, but so far I don't really like ITNE.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
09.08.2006 - 22:48
Baz Anderson
Staff
yeh - 'In The Nightside Eclipse' is my least favorite Emperor full length album
the album finishes so strongly, in fact i think the album is fantastic from like the second half onwards - but its the first half that didnt click with me like everything else did
i really like the album - just i love the other three so much more
..people reading everyones comments probably think that if they dont like 'In The Nightside Eclipse' then they wont like Emperor at all - but that is untrue!
09.08.2006 - 22:57
Basso
Account deleted
Indeed, even if the albums after ITNE aint kvlt grim necro and frostbitten black metal the albums after still hold atleast the same high quality, but in another more easily approched way.
10.08.2006 - 03:33
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha yes
i mean i really dont mind the sound on albums like 'In The Nightside Eclipse' apart from one thing, and that is you cannot hear the bass drum properly!!
that is like one of the main things i listen out for in metal as well
10.08.2006 - 06:24
Daru Jericho
Emperor have announced two more dates for the Autumn, one in Norway and one in London! I'm so psyched! I'm totally going to be at that London show.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

10.08.2006 - 11:53
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Dammit, why dont they come to Aus.....
10.08.2006 - 19:51
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Daru Jericho on 10.08.2006 at 06:24

Emperor have announced two more dates for the Autumn, one in Norway and one in London! I'm so psyched! I'm totally going to be at that London show.

Damn if I had a drivers licence I would definitly go to Norway for that show... the show at wacken was so great I want to experiance it
Again... again... and again...
Again... and again...
10.08.2006 - 20:45
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Both are way to far for me.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
11.08.2006 - 13:50
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Finally, after waiting 5-6 Looong weeks for my order of 'In The Nightside Eclipse' to arrive, its finally here!

Listening to it now for the second time and im glad to say that this is a realy good album. Need to listen to it more though incase its just the overwelming of the first few listens, but i doubt that is the case. Only thing that im a little bit disaponted in, and as Baz Anderson pointed out, is that you cant hear the bass drum all that much... but thats something really small and everything else just about makes up for it. Still, I really like Ihsahn's vocals.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
11.08.2006 - 18:48
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Xtreme Jax on 11.08.2006 at 13:50

Finally, after waiting 5-6 Looong weeks for my order of 'In The Nightside Eclipse' to arrive, its finally here!

Listening to it now for the second time and im glad to say that this is a realy good album. Need to listen to it more though incase its just the overwelming of the first few listens, but i doubt that is the case. Only thing that im a little bit disaponted in, and as Baz Anderson pointed out, is that you cant hear the bass drum all that much... but thats something really small and everything else just about makes up for it. Still, I really like Ihsahn's vocals.

Yes indeed Ihsahns vocals is among my fav vocals!
12.08.2006 - 13:03
Baz Anderson
Staff
here are some videos of Emperor's show at Wacken a few days ago if anyone is interested

The Loss And Curse Of Reverence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viKA5n-6AHw

In The Wordless Chamber
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIea3I7Pix4

I Am The Black Wizards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWWXKnN7xao

Inno A Satana
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nNNemIwuAA

this is just so hard. it would cost an absolute fortune to go on train it is so far away
so i am trying to see how my brother can help with his car - if we got four people going it might not cost so much
but then there is staying over and all the rest
-ive got to do all i can to see them, i havent kept Emperor in my favorites all the time i have been on this site for nothing
12.08.2006 - 14:39
Basso
Account deleted
http://www.woaradio.de/ klick on TV STATION link then look for the Atheist / Emperor vids. Emperor starts at aprox 45 min 50 sec. Lets see if there is any crowd pics, I might just as hell be seen
13.08.2006 - 03:04
Baz Anderson
Staff
ooh i didnt know about that site
is there any way of getting the videos onto my computer so i can watch them when im not on the internet?
13.08.2006 - 20:22
Basso
Account deleted
I dont have any knowledge of how to do thata Baz. Sorry :/
14.08.2006 - 02:05
Baz Anderson
Staff
aah oh well
a couple of nights ago i ordered a ticket for the Emperor show in london
i dont have great faith in the site and the ticket getting here, etc. - so i will be happy when it finally arrives
i just realised today though that if this ticket does get here (it should really..) then i will be seeing Emperor!!!!
haha. i just have to forget the costs because its a lot to get there on train from right up here
14.08.2006 - 03:01
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 14.08.2006 at 02:05

aah oh well
a couple of nights ago i ordered a ticket for the Emperor show in london
i dont have great faith in the site and the ticket getting here, etc. - so i will be happy when it finally arrives
i just realised today though that if this ticket does get here (it should really..) then i will be seeing Emperor!!!!
haha. i just have to forget the costs because its a lot to get there on train from right up here

If you get the ticket (wich I REALLY HOPE YOU DO!!). Prepare for an awesome show with the greatest band ever.

Emperor
15.08.2006 - 01:48
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Written by Baz Anderson on 12.08.2006 at 13:03

here are some videos of Emperor's show at Wacken a few days ago if anyone is interested

The Loss And Curse Of Reverence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viKA5n-6AHw

In The Wordless Chamber
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIea3I7Pix4

I Am The Black Wizards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWWXKnN7xao

Inno A Satana
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nNNemIwuAA

this is just so hard. it would cost an absolute fortune to go on train it is so far away
so i am trying to see how my brother can help with his car - if we got four people going it might not cost so much
but then there is staying over and all the rest
-ive got to do all i can to see them, i havent kept Emperor in my favorites all the time i have been on this site for nothing
Pretty good videos my ex girlfriend phoned me from Wacken 20 minutes before Emperor started and now I can see what she saw
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
15.08.2006 - 02:50
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha yes! the site says they have tickets in stock now and will dispach shorty! i cant wait to get it!!

heresiarch: what did she have to say? 'im just about to see Emperor and you're not'? haha

yeh - i guess i am so lucky that they are coming to England - where they took off and started really with Candlelight
there are so many countries in the world where people arent going to get to see them still
it is going to cost a LOT getting down there but i am going!
15.08.2006 - 04:33
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
I love Ihsahns armour in their The Loss And Curse Of Reverence video.
15.08.2006 - 05:24
Daru Jericho
The setlist for these new dates looks pretty damn good! I can't wait to see them live and I must watch those videos from Wacken when I get the time.
----

15.08.2006 - 12:43
Basso
Account deleted
Written by [user id=5399] on 15.08.2006 at 04:33

I love Ihsahns armour in their The Loss And Curse Of Reverence video.

He used it on the 3 or 4 last songs at wacken. Totally awesome
17.08.2006 - 04:07
Daru Jericho
Just wanted to say....I've got my ticket! It's awesome. It's currently sitting among my other pile of tickets. October, hurry up and arrive here!
----

17.08.2006 - 11:23
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Daru Jericho on 17.08.2006 at 04:07

Just wanted to say....I've got my ticket! It's awesome. It's currently sitting among my other pile of tickets. October, hurry up and arrive here!

Im jealous xD I wanna se them again. again again and again!
17.08.2006 - 11:47
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by [user id=5394] on 17.08.2006 at 11:23

Written by Daru Jericho on 17.08.2006 at 04:07

Im jealous xD I wanna se them again. again again and again!

Well I just want to see them. You lucky people

Have fun Daru! ... well its a while off so that could have waited
----

Hellcunt Smurf
18.08.2006 - 01:40
Daru Jericho
Lol, yeah it's a while off. The wait is going to kill me though.
----

18.08.2006 - 02:20
Baz Anderson
Staff
my ticket has apparently been dispatched. i cant wait to get it - it might arrive tomorrow
it should be here very soon

ill scan it and everything. ill be so proud. haha
18.08.2006 - 03:18
Daru Jericho
Lol, I won't scan mine until I'm done with it. It's what I usually do with tickets
----

18.08.2006 - 11:23
Hermanubis
Account deleted
"He used it on the 3 or 4 last songs at wacken. Totally awesome "

Im surprised he has kept it so long
18.08.2006 - 13:27
Baz Anderson
Staff
i have my ticket!!! wooo!! im going to see Emperor!!!
it says doors open 18:00 - 21:50
so either its going to be a short set, or they want the doors closed when they are playing. haha
18.08.2006 - 13:42
aganoth
Account deleted
I also saw Emperor at the Wacken Open Air?It really was a great show and I was pleased to see that they took songs from nearly all (or all, I don't remember) their records! "I am the Black Wizards" is my favorite song and it was really great to see them playing it live!