"My Lists" Bugs

‹‹ Back to Bugs
04.03.2010 - 22:51
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
In my list...

Pan.thy.monium | Khaooos & Kon-Fus-Ion | 1996

I've double and triple checked the text entered for this album and it still doesn't recognize it in the database. I've even imported the text from my collection and it just refuses to be seen...

Beginner's Guide To Building A Prog Collection (Standards, And A Few Unorthodox Choices) It's #150

Pan.thy.monium - Khaooos & Kon-Fus-Ion
05.03.2010 - 03:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Introspekrieg on 04.03.2010 at 22:51

In my list...

Pan.thy.monium | Khaooos & Kon-Fus-Ion | 1996

I've double and triple checked the text entered for this album and it still doesn't recognize it in the database. I've even imported the text from my collection and it just refuses to be seen...

Beginner's Guide To Building A Prog Collection (Standards, And A Few Unorthodox Choices) It's #150

Pan.thy.monium - Khaooos & Kon-Fus-Ion

Strange... cause I had a couple of albums it didn't recognize and then I copy/pasted it from the band database and it worked perfectly after pressing ctrl-f5
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.03.2010 - 06:30
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.03.2010 at 03:05

Strange... cause I had a couple of albums it didn't recognize and then I copy/pasted it from the band database and it worked perfectly after pressing ctrl-f5

Tried it again and still messed up.
Seems like a long shot but could it be because they also have an album entitled just "Khaooohs" and the system is getting confused?
05.03.2010 - 13:35
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Introspekrieg on 05.03.2010 at 06:30

Seems like a long shot but could it be because they also have an album entitled just "Khaooohs" and the system is getting confused?

There was a problem with the '&' sign. It's fixed now. Edit your list (no need to change anything, just click Submit) to update the linking.
05.03.2010 - 17:55
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
It appears that linking doesn't work for albums that have an accent on one of the letters of their name. OTOH, it works well with band names (for example: Theatre Of Tragedy's Aégis or Eluveitie's Vên won't get linked, but Týr, the band, will). I copy/pasted the names, and have no problems with any other albums.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
05.03.2010 - 18:29
Syk
myspace/bonerama
On related notes, the similar bands feature doesn't take the & symbol so Flotsam & Jetsam is unavailable from who knows how many other profiles (well checking again now, the obvious ones seem to be right but I'm sure in the last 30 hours I saw just "Flotsam" somewhere, which is what it would add if attempted with "&"). Also Negură Bunget almost always messes up as seen on Drudkh and Enslaved. Not sure if you can [be bothered to] fix these [as they would be used so rarely]...
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
05.03.2010 - 19:52
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Ivan on 05.03.2010 at 13:35

Written by Introspekrieg on 05.03.2010 at 06:30

There was a problem with the '&' sign. It's fixed now. Edit your list (no need to change anything, just click Submit) to update the linking.

Fixed! Thank you so much.
05.03.2010 - 20:48
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Syk on 05.03.2010 at 18:29

On related notes, the similar bands feature doesn't take the & symbol so Flotsam & Jetsam is unavailable from who knows how many other profiles (well checking again now, the obvious ones seem to be right but I'm sure in the last 30 hours I saw just "Flotsam" somewhere, which is what it would add if attempted with "&"). Also Negură Bunget almost always messes up as seen on Drudkh and Enslaved. Not sure if you can [be bothered to] fix these [as they would be used so rarely]...

Eh, very silly of me to forget url encoding for similar bands... Added it now, Flotsam & Jetsam works fine. Negură Bunget screws up mostly because of browser's character encoding, can't do anything about it (works fine for me, btw).
05.03.2010 - 20:58
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Cool, thanks for that
----

05.03.2010 - 21:25
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Been tweaking around the Negură Bunget problem, but in the end just gave up and the wrongly encoded ă character is now simply substituted with the right one. It fixes the current problem, but won't work for the other awkward characters - luckily, not so many bands have them in their names
07.03.2010 - 10:43
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Ivan on 05.03.2010 at 21:25
Been tweaking around the Negură Bunget problem, but in the end just gave up and the wrongly encoded ă character is now simply substituted with the right one. It fixes the current problem, but won't work for the other awkward characters - luckily, not so many bands have them in their names
I'm now trying to add Kivimetsän Druidi as similar to Elexorien but it isn't linking. I'm sure this letter has worked before... ä can be done with an alt+number, but that one with an inverted caret/circumflex can't as far as I know.
----

07.03.2010 - 10:58
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Syk on 07.03.2010 at 10:43

Written by Ivan on 05.03.2010 at 21:25
I'm now trying to add Kivimetsän Druidi as similar to Elexorien but it isn't linking. I'm sure this letter has worked before... ä can be done with an alt+number, but that one with an inverted caret/circumflex can't as far as I know.

Yeah, looks like special characters are entered into db with different encoding. Will have to digg deeper into this...
07.03.2010 - 11:15
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
OK, not sure exactly if the current solution will work for everything, but I tested it for &, ä, ă and a bunch of other characters, and they seem to work fine.
17.05.2010 - 04:19
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
When i wanna look at the death metal albums i have, the next page goes to my death metal wishlist.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
17.05.2010 - 09:41
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by LeChron James on 17.05.2010 at 04:19

When i wanna look at the death metal albums i have, the next page goes to my death metal wishlist.

Sorry, it didn't make any sense to me. First of all, this thread is about Lists. Second, I went to your Collection, clicked on 'Death metal', and then on the next page - everything's fine...
29.07.2010 - 20:09
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning
I cannot see the image that i've uploaded for my list. And from other lists.

Actually from any list! I've sent a pm to Lucas - Any news yet?
I use firefox as a browser 3.6.8
----
\m/etalstor\m/
30.07.2010 - 00:38
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Ivor fixed it. Kudos!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
15.08.2010 - 16:26
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning
Written by Lucas on 30.07.2010 at 00:38

Ivor fixed it. Kudos!

everything is ok!
----
\m/etalstor\m/
19.09.2010 - 14:36
JD
Account deleted
In my DVD's list there is 2 Live albums, changed them many time to DVD but they keep the same, "Alice in Chains - Unplugged" and "Metallica - S&M"
15.10.2010 - 16:02
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
I would say that that is the case because, for example, S&M is both a live album and a DVD with the exact same title and year of release. It's just grabbed the live CD because it's the first one in their discography list I would assume.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
15.10.2010 - 18:11
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Guest on 19.09.2010 at 14:36

In my DVD's list there is 2 Live albums, changed them many time to DVD but they keep the same, "Alice in Chains - Unplugged" and "Metallica - S&M"

Sorry, there's nothing you can do currently to fix this. I might implement the ability to enter albums by ids later...
16.10.2010 - 15:59
JD
Account deleted
Written by Ivan on 15.10.2010 at 18:11

Sorry, there's nothing you can do currently to fix this. I might implement the ability to enter albums by ids later...

Oki
27.11.2010 - 13:36
JD
Account deleted
Written by Ivan on 15.10.2010 at 18:11

The same thing happend again with "Down - Diary of a mad band" the DVD, my list added the live album instead because they have the same name.

so i have problems with these Live albums Now :
"Alice in Chains - Unplugged"
"Metallica - S&M"
"Down - Diary of a mad band"
09.12.2010 - 16:58
FOOCK Nam
Not sure about this one, but I usually get it when quoted:
09.12.2010 - 21:44
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
You were quoted by an person from your ignore list?
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
11.12.2010 - 11:36
FOOCK Nam
Written by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk on 09.12.2010 at 21:44

No, Im sure it is common quote. It happens too me all the time I get quoted. After I go back to the previous page and then move to the last current page, then I can see my quote...
25.06.2011 - 00:59
JD
Account deleted
Written by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk on 09.12.2010 at 21:44

That's doesn't surprise me, because it happened to me once.
06.08.2011 - 12:49
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
I put Exmortus' "In Hatred's Flame" in a list but it comes up with the Ep rather than the full length, any way to fix this?
17.08.2011 - 05:28
JCJen7
Not sure if there is a 'suggestion' thread i should put this in instead or not, if so, my mistake. But, in my opinion, when you go to here, the column that says 'started' at the top, should list the person's name and date of who MADE the list, not the first person to comment.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
17.08.2011 - 05:44
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by JCJen7 on 17.08.2011 at 05:28
the column that says 'started' at the top, should list the person's name and date of who MADE the list, not the first person to comment.

The same problem occurs with reviews. It lists the user who first commented as opposed to the reviewer responsible for the review.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."