Metal Storm logo
PSA: Doom & Extreme Doom

17.04.2010 - 19:54
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Just a quick update for y'all: since the dawn of mankind, Extreme Doom, Funeral Doom, Black/Doom etc. have all been shared under the collective flag of 'Doom metal', and for that reason, were always placed in the Melodic metal section. We, the moderation team, were always aware of the slight awkwardness of seeing topics concerning Esoteric, Wormphlegm, Senthil and the like in the Melodic metal forum, but we still kept it that way for easier moderation. You have to understand, the categorization problem lies not in the field of the aformentioned bands but with the borderline bands, such as My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, Kimaera etc. All the Traditional Doom and the Heavy/Gothic Doom bands will stay in the Melodic section.

We've now changed this policy. Instead of placing every Doom band in the Melodic metal section, we're going to take every individual band into consideration. A lot more work for us, yes, but we feel the forum deserves it. Of course Esoteric, Wormphlegm and the 'Funeral Doom' and 'Extreme Doom' topics have already been moved, but we may have missed a few. If we missed anything it's likely to be an old topic though, so it doesn't really matter. Please do report them.

Keep in mind the border between Extreme and Melodic is vague - and the one does not exclude the other. We're trying to find the best place for each individual band, but sometimes not everybody agrees. You'll all just have to deal with that.

EDIT: I'lll take this thread down in a week or two.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
18.04.2010 - 00:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I'm very glad about this. Lucas for president.
18.04.2010 - 00:19
Jan
I welcome and appreciate this - good decision IMHO.
18.04.2010 - 00:30
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
It's a lot of work but I believe that most of the users that are into doom will appreciate it a lot, I'm one of those.

Damn dude... You just maked my post&read-activity in the melodic metal forum to go waaaaaaaay down
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.04.2010 - 11:41
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I'm not much of a doom fan but, I'm going to have to agree with the staffs decision. I kind of figured most doom was kin to extreme.
20.04.2010 - 12:13
Roro
Oh FINALLY!
( can u make also the girls section :p ?)
27.04.2010 - 12:12
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Unstickied.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
27.04.2010 - 12:29
Mikyz
You should add Extreme Doom (or something) to the category description right ?

I mean :

Black / death / thrash metal -----> Black / death / thrash / extreme doom metal
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
27.04.2010 - 12:38
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Hmm yeah maybe.
----