Metal Storm logo
Malaysian Metalstormers

11.05.2010 - 09:14
The Turbanator
Any of you guys here? Name, age and location. Maybe we can meet up during gigs or something.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
11.05.2010 - 12:58
Kennoth
ASL?

Sexy time.
Sorry, couldn't resist :O
----
*insert something deep and profound*
12.05.2010 - 07:33
The Turbanator
Haha lol.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
14.05.2010 - 03:04
ß
Problem?
You appear to be one of the very few active Malaysians here
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
15.05.2010 - 02:52
Kennoth
It's OK. Us fake Malaysians will keep you company
----
*insert something deep and profound*
16.05.2010 - 23:37
The Turbanator
Most probably the only one here, then? Not many metal (especially Black) fans around. So far only know a few and their favorite bands are Immortal, emperor, Darkthrone.. you know.. all the famous stuffs.

Met one the other day, he headbangs to Blut Aus Nord. Good to know him.
----
17.03.2014 - 11:55
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
How come their ain't any posts about the airline disappearance and no one is posting any conspiracy theories on here?
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
19.09.2014 - 11:28
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
I've found a Malaysian coin in my wallet today. Can anyone tell me what the thing on the 10 sen coin is that looks a bit like a boat on a mat?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
19.09.2014 - 21:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by M C Vice on 19.09.2014 at 11:28

I've found a Malaysian coin in my wallet today. Can anyone tell me what the thing on the 10 sen coin is that looks a bit like a boat on a mat?

You mean the hibiscus flower or the other side?

If it's the other side it is a Maylaysian/Indonesian game which is played with marbles/rock/sea shells in the holes. No ide what it is called though.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.09.2014 - 21:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by M C Vice on 19.09.2014 at 11:28

Okay did find it quite easily:

"The Malaysian 10 Sen coin (second series) depicts a Congkak board on its reverse side. The obverse gives the bank title, value and year of minting. It is the only coin, which shows a mancala game. The coin is composed of copper-nickel and has a reeded edge. Its diameter is 19 mm. The coin was first issued on September 4, 1989. As of May 20, 2011, 10 Malaysian Sen were equivalent to the value of 0,0234193 EUR or 0,0331236 USD.

The Malaysian ringgit (currency code MYR) is the currency of Malaysia. It is divided into 100 sen (cents). The ringgit is issued by the Bank Negara Malaysia, which was established on January 26, 1959 as the Central Bank of Malaya. Its headquarters are located in Kuala Lumpur, the federal capital of Malaysia. "

And here you can read more about COngkak/mancala http://mancala.wikia.com/wiki/Congkak
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.09.2014 - 03:40
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.09.2014 at 21:37

Okay did find it quite easily:

"The Malaysian 10 Sen coin (second series) depicts a Congkak board on its reverse side. The obverse gives the bank title, value and year of minting. It is the only coin, which shows a mancala game. The coin is composed of copper-nickel and has a reeded edge. Its diameter is 19 mm. The coin was first issued on September 4, 1989. As of May 20, 2011, 10 Malaysian Sen were equivalent to the value of 0,0234193 EUR or 0,0331236 USD.

Thanks. It's the same size/colour as our 5 cent coin, but lighter, which is why I noticed it.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"