Metal Storm logo
Austere

19.05.2010 - 15:47
The Turbanator
Great Australian Black Metal band , Austere, has decided to split up today (19-05-2010).

Such a shame. They were doing so well. Oh well.. Good luck to them.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
19.05.2010 - 16:02
Roro
Never heard about them. but obviously, this month is the month of events!
19.05.2010 - 16:05
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
This band always confuses me as they have a split called Bleak and there's a black metal band called Bleak that have a full length called Austere.

But anyway, I'm only familiar with their work from the split they did with Lyrinx and it was some quality stuff, considering I'm not a big fan of DSBM (outside of Beatrik anyway). I might look into their other work.
19.05.2010 - 16:56
The Turbanator
To you two : Get 'To Lay Like Old Ashes' album and listen to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsofblEK3A
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
19.05.2010 - 18:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I havent herad much but I remeber band, since years ago I go true Ausie bands in MA and this was good unfortunatly i ahve anytrhing, but myspace songs was good, gonna listen them again, because I was forgot about band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.05.2010 - 19:07
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I absolutely adore "To Lay Like Old Ashes". I especially love the clean vocals, even though I'm not really one to listen to stuff that has clean vocals (power metal, etc). I guess I've been spoiled so much with death metal growls and black metal shrieks, that to hear clean vocals in a mostly extreme metal release was quite a surprise to me.

EDIT: Wait, they split up? NO, DAMN IT! They still had a few more awesome releases inside of them! Oh well, I guess it's better to quit while you're still good.
11.07.2012 - 03:11
Oaken
Hipster
To Lay Like Old Ashes was a very good album IMO. I listened to it in bed with my eyes closed, and IMO it was emotionally crushing.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.