Metal Storm logo
Top 10 non English albums?

14.08.2006 - 00:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Dear Metalstormers, what is your top 10 non english albums?

Before post here are some info.
1)Dont post bands and albums from your country, for example if you're finish dont post non finish band who sings in finish
2)If you're for example from canada, speek english dont post bands who are from Canada and sing in french, but you can do it if band comes from France
3)Dont post one band more then 2 times
4)Soutamericans well ok if you are from Chile dont post none chilian band, but from other spanish talking countries, if you want.
5)Explain why you like this album
6)Ig in album are 7 songs and 2 are in english ok it counts, but not more.

Ok here are my list.
1)Arakain - Salto Mortale 1993
This album, is in chech language, its old school hard rock and remaind me my youth, and all thinks are in thhis album what I us eto like when was child, and Ales Bricka voice are vounderfull there
My fav song are Zase Spis V Noce Sama - She is sleeping alone tonight.

2)Abramis Brama - Dansa Tokjävelns Vals 1999
This are Swedish stoner rock band and I didcovere one song before some time, song name are ''Mamma Taller'' and I just love this song and I try get alum, and I get it and I like it, one of best Swedish bands and I saw them live before some months

3) XIV Dark Centuries - ...den Ahnen zum Grusse...
Greaty german folk/pagan metal band and great album, only one from band and I like it, it remainds me fielings in medieval times when coldness was around and it kicks medieval spirit into me, great band and great album, only one from band, wish i can understand lyrics, in demo stuff soem are in english, but this album all are german

4)Red Wine - Hijos Del Despertar Why I lime this album, because band remaind me blind Guardian singing in spanish, and this album remainds me Mirror Mirror single, and thats why I like it, great spanish low rated PM band, and this is firtt and best album from them, some say other are better, but this is my fav from them.

5)Empyrium - Weiland
Probobly metal fans wil be disapointed, but this are more like foolk albums and german language here sounds wounderfull, realy realy wounderfull. Ulver fans will like it

6)Ulver - Bergtatt
I like it its like folk, acustic, metal, medieval, nature inspirated album and I like this song, specely this ''Graablick Blev Hun Vaer'' I like it where thay run in midle of song, fieling like someone runs in forest

7)Echo of Dalriada - Fergeteg
Great album, great Hungarian folk metal band, an done freind sugest me this album, actualy ''freund'' send me it, because here its not posible get, dont ask who is friend, freind isnt MS mamber, so I wont tell you anyway.

8)Moonsorrow - Voimasta Ja Kunniasta
Only Moonsorrow album what I get, and I like it, and i just put it into list, because of finish big metal scene, maybe some of you be angry thay I forgot Finland

9)Misanthrope - Miracles Totem Taboo
I discovere this band in MS; thank's Sekhmet and I like it, and if I remeber its only album where all songs are in french, and cover its amazing

10)Abonos - Abonos
It was hard to choose witch album put last, but well serbian languege are beautifull and I choose put this album, but in it are 10 songs and 2 are in english, so it still counts, and all actualy when I listen it its hard understad it is in serbian, but still great stuff
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.08.2006 - 17:57
Damnated
Churchburner
Before I post here my top 10 I want to clear up something: we can't post bands from our country, even if they sing on their mother tongue?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
14.08.2006 - 18:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 14.08.2006 at 17:57

Before I post here my top 10 I want to clear up something: we can't post bands from our country, even if they sing on their mother tongue?

Yes man you're wright because all finish people will make to 10 from Moonsorrow and Finntroll, I wanna hear your top ten bands whata er from other countries, because moustly people listen bands in inglish and low rated itlian, spanish bands and you get what I try to say
----

apos;'
[image]
15.08.2006 - 02:15
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 14.08.2006 at 18:38

Written by Damnated on 14.08.2006 at 17:57

Yes man you're wright because all finish people will make to 10 from Moonsorrow and Finntroll, I wanna hear your top ten bands whata er from other countries, because moustly people listen bands in inglish and low rated itlian, spanish bands and you get what I try to say

I see what you mean, and I agree.

So, I gathered my fav non English albums, but I'll post only 9, because I don't want 10 just for the sake of having ten. The order of the albums could change after the next listening, but ATM this is how I see it

1. Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss My fav album from Burzum. It is just an awsome piece of work, because of the atmosphere and bla-bla. This album does not need no presentation

2. Epheles - L'ombre de la Croix The feeling is what I love in this album, not it's atmosphere. The music has a great forest imaginary.

3. Mortifera - Complainte d'une Agonie Celeste This EP is one of the best in black metal. The first thing that got my atention were the vocal part, wich sounds like a lonely, agonising cry.

4. Nortt - Graven I still can't decide if this music is slow or not, nevertheless, this is my second funeral doom album. The riffs are more black metal like, and the music is very depressive, even for it's genre.

5. Dimmu Borgir - Stormblåst ATM I see this album as the top of melo BM, and the peak of Dimmu Borgir. really liked the thing, that the sympho part was just a piano, and that it's well blenned into the BM instrumentation.

6. Aäkon Këëtrëh - Dans La Forêt I always considered ambient music to be similar to elevator music. But if this album ever get's into one lift, it will shure ruin the day of everyone. This is the most depressive sounding music I have ever heard in my life, it's a guitar based ambient album. This one man band was also in the LLN, for those of you that don't know

7. Bethlehem - Dictius Te Necare This album has more black metal in it then doom, and that slice of doom element gves an extra ordinary sound to this album. It sounds very evil and grim, and still has a sad, emotinal part.

8. Darvulia - L'Alliance Des Venins I'm not really into vampires and stuff, but this band is just great. The songs blend nicely together, wich gives a hell of an atmosphere. The songs are really different, but it's black metal, and this isn't new

9. Peste Noire - Macabre Transcendance Ultra evil sounding music, and ofcourse, very good. I really can't describe this music, other then an album, that redifines black metal.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
15.08.2006 - 02:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Damnated - Intresting choose my freind and well you can mention 10) others, maybe I shood do it, but I wont change my list for now, because Its my top some time

Seems you are into french metal 4 album titles are in french

I know whit out thinking only Dimmu Borgir, Burzum, Nortt other bands I shood chack them, i acnt think now
But great list man, :toumbup:

Seems soem of French bands you had mention in ''fav French BM band'' Pool
----

apos;'
[image]
15.08.2006 - 11:37
Damnated
Churchburner
Bethlehem is a german black/doom band, I say check them out for starter. And yeah, I like french music
----

15.08.2006 - 11:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 15.08.2006 at 11:37

Bethlehem is a german black/doom band, I say check them out for starter. And yeah, I like french music

Me too I like old Europe nations, from central, West and South and i like them languages in music and I I just try put diferent countries and langieges here, of course I had soem bands in Cech, polihs, french and german what I like but ehh let my firts post be like it is
----

apos;'
[image]
15.08.2006 - 16:12
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
I can't do a top 10 because I only have one non-English album.

Maaäet - Tenhi , which is Finnish.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
16.08.2006 - 19:18
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 15.08.2006 at 11:59

Me too I like old Europe nations, from central, West and South and i like them languages in music and I I just try put diferent countries and langieges here, of course I had soem bands in Cech, polihs, french and german what I like but ehh let my firts post be like it is

Did you hear the band Ispovest? They play an above avarage black metal, hailing from Serbia. I have only two songs from them, but it's worth listening.
----

16.08.2006 - 19:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 16.08.2006 at 19:18

Did you hear the band Ispovest? They play an above avarage black metal, hailing from Serbia. I have only two songs from them, but it's worth listening.

I know them I once try translate lyric but translateion is gone, I can translate fir new it and this band has one demo and thay aret so know in Serbia, BORIS told me it
demo calls ''Vatra Iz Tame''

Try here http://music.mp3lizard.com/ispovest/
----

apos;'
[image]
16.08.2006 - 19:48
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 16.08.2006 at 19:23

Written by Damnated on 16.08.2006 at 19:18

I know them I once try translate lyric but translateion is gone, I can translate fir new it and this band has one demo and thay aret so know in Serbia, BORIS told me it
demo calls ''Vatra Iz Tame''

Try here http://music.mp3lizard.com/ispovest/

These are the two songs I have
----

19.08.2006 - 12:10
Damnated
Churchburner
I heard the new album of Peste Noire and it is just awsome. It would easily rank in my top 10, and although the band is already there, this album deserves a place there. I' wont edit my previous post, but I'll post it here. Peste Noire-La Sanie des sičcles - Panégyrique de la dégénerescence awsome black metal, awsome guitars, everything is just awsome.
----

19.08.2006 - 13:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Damneted seems you and I be only people who post here seems mosutly metalheads can listen all in english

Man I forgot Nugura Buget - ''Zirnindu-Sa'' I like this album better how them other albums, its great and amazing and its more from past, great stuff :bnager2:
----

apos;'
[image]
19.08.2006 - 16:18
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 19.08.2006 at 13:14

Damneted seems you and I be only people who post here seems mosutly metalheads can listen all in english

Man I forgot Nugura Buget - ''Zirnindu-Sa'' I like this album better how them other albums, its great and amazing and its more from past, great stuff :bnager2:

Only we know that there's good music besides english Did you ever heard N-Crugu Bradului from them? I think it's by far their best album, but that's just me
----

19.08.2006 - 18:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 19.08.2006 at 16:18

Written by Bad English on 19.08.2006 at 13:14

Only we know that there's good music besides english Did you ever heard N-Crugu Bradului from them? I think it's by far their best album, but that's just me

Maybe I had, dont remeber, I had dounloud so many albums, I cant remeber all
----

apos;'
[image]
19.08.2006 - 20:11
Richard
Elite
Not in order of preference, and probably forgetting some:

1. Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss (in Norwegian)
I agree with Damnated. This is a classic album, and the first track in itself practically captures the essence of raw atmospheric Black Metal.

2. Siegfried - Drachenherz (in German)
Rather unknown band from Austria.. all their lyrics are in German. I bought both their albums last year - this one is their debut. They're kind of Power Metal, but quite unique in their own way and a little darker than many bands associated with the genre. There are 3 different vocalists (including a female vocalist Sandra Schleret, who used to be in Dreams of Sanity), and the vocals range from deep melodic to strange screechy rasps, and the female vocal parts alone are quite diverse - Sandra switches from sweet soprano to a more aggressive mid-range style.

3. Algaion - Oimai Algeiou (in Swedish)
I think 2 of the songs are in English but the rest are in Swedish. I even interviewed this band when I used to contribute to the ezine Tracks Of Creation in the mid 90's. Monotonous, fast but very melodic Black Metal... The guitarwork is kind of like a Black Metal version of Iron Maiden, or something, but rawer, darker and not as commercial as that description might make it seem. Unusual but catchy.

4. Otyg - Alvefard (in Swedish)
Brilliant folk metal, similar to Storm but much better IMO. Very catchy melodies.. this is the band Vintersorg did vocals for (alongside a female vocalist). (This is another band I interviewed for ToC too).

5. Vintersorg - Till Fjalls (in Swedish)
Vintersorg's one-man band, although with a couple of guests (including the female vocalist from Otyg). Folk elements again, but rather more 'extreme', with some black-influenced sections and vocals. Several years later, Vintersorg went more 'prog' and dropped the folk stuff.. but Till Fjalls is my favourite Vintersorg album.

6. Ajattara - Typjyys (in Finnish)
Melodic midtempo Black Metal in Finnish.. quite accessible but sinister at times, lots of synth and heavy riffs. All their 4 albums for far are in the same style, but this one (their 3rd) is probably my favourite.

7. Urfaust - Geist Ist Teufel (Dutch)
A new discovery for me. Bizarre Black Metal, with harsh Burzum-like screams and peculiar deep but twisted operatic melodic singing.. check out Urfaust thread.

8. Ulver - Bergtatt (in Norwegian)
I agree with K7 about this one. I used to listen to it all the time though I haven't for quite a while now.. Still, very unique, with some brilliant clear singing (Garm's best vocal performance, IMO) and harsh rasps. Organic, nature-inspired Black Metal.

9. Finntroll - Jaktens Tid (in Swedish)
Well, most people know this band.. Upbeat Folk Metal, light-hearted, uplifting and sometimes rather humorous to listen to.

10. Khold - Morke Gravers Kammer (in Norwegian)
As with Ajattara, this band has done 4 albums and each one is quite similar in style. Khold plays very primitive, simplistic Black Metal, but with a surprisingly clean production which at first is offputting but this album (as all their stuff) is a grower.
----
19.08.2006 - 20:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Richard great list

But I dunnp Algaion and Siegfried I chack them.

We all forgot something, maybe top 10 was to small, maybe top 20, because top 100 its be stupid pool, who knows them

When I read your coment, maybe I had hear something about them and maybe I know them, not shore, but one man cant know all about metal
Urfaust, I chack it, I never in my life hera metal in dutch, its be amazing and intresting for me, Vintersorg, i like this band, but its prity long ago when I listen them, and I cant comet albums so good.
About Ajjatara I know band but I dont like them, maybe because I hawnt hear them so much, I had chaked them in MS and home page, but I dunno if I can get them here.

BTW you know soem band who sings and plays in old gelic or Walsh languege, its eb great listen them. About other bands seems Damnated coment it

PS also in Russia, Ukraina, Poland are some good bands who sings in moter tonge and one band sings in old russina language I forgot name, and its prity intresting test my self how much I understand, same in Poland but I cant think names now

EDDIT I check Siegrfried and in them hoem page are all samples and 3 songs, one from each album ? demo and I dounloud them thay are great and I read in MA story about Siegfried and I try translate lyrics but its hard maybe Prom can help great band
----

apos;'
[image]
19.09.2006 - 22:42
Gothya
ok these are on of my top bands:

1.- Angeles del infierno(spanish band): my definitely favorite band in spanish, i absolutely love their music, an amazing great songs, great musicians, great style, awesome rock music; the songs i love; Si tu no estas aqui, Maldito sea tu nombre, Jugando al amor, and so on..... btw their latest album is pretty good and that cover El rey (by Jose Alfredo Jimenez) included into the album, is simply awesome

2.- Rata blanca(argentinian band): one of the bands in spanish i really like, the singer remains me a little bruce dickinson even they have their own style; love the music and my favorite songs are: por que es tan dificil amar(instrumental)

3.- rammstein(german band): i just love how the vocalist sings, it's good, all the music is awesome and they have pretty nice songs even i dont understand a word, it sounds good; btw i just have one album from them

4.- mago de oz(spanish band): just a few folk bands like this one in spanish, it's not very common, at least i dont know many bands into this style and i like their style, sounds great; my fav songs all the time: fiesta pagana, molinos de viento, pensando en ti, etc

well, those are some of the bands that comes to my mind right now, i like some others but they're from my country so basically these are the ones i remember now; most of the music i like is in english
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
19.09.2006 - 23:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@goyta nice bands, but I mean what lbums you like non in english?
----

apos;'
[image]
20.09.2006 - 23:13
Gothya
yeah, you're damn right, ok here are the albums

1.- angles del infierno- I actually have all their stuff, since the first album, pacto con el Diablo to the last one, todos somos angeles except, instinto animal, exitos diabolicos and discografia 1984-93 around 8 albums from them

2.- ratablanca. I got en vivo en Buenos aires(1995), grandes canciones(2001), magos espadas y rosas and basically those few ones

3.- rammstein, i just have one damn album sehnsucht, hope get more stuff soon

4.- mago de oz; I have folktergeist and of course La gaia,

few but good ones don't you think?
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
20.09.2006 - 23:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Gothya - those lbum are good but it depends how i fel, now my mind are into old school deth/doom, I playing Paradise Lost ''Lost Pradise'' in thos elast days ewery day
----

apos;'
[image]
21.09.2006 - 03:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
People explain your post and answer, if can not think 10 albums post 5, whit explanation! Thank's
----

apos;'
[image]
22.09.2006 - 02:10
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
1. Asmegin - Hin Vordende Sod And So (2003) (Norwegian)
Probably my favourite album of all time, or in my top 5 for sure! Reason? With no bad song, this band adds pure originality when it comes to mixing Folk music with Black Metal. The songs are ladden with vocal harmonies layered over one another, including clean, growl, shreik, and female.
Best song - Blodhevn

2. Ulver - Bergtatt (1995) (Swedish)
Well quite a random buy for me, i heard good things about this album so i had a go. Straight away stunned by the soft moving vocals from the first song 'I Troldskog faren vild', i fell in love, then followed with 'Soelen gaaer bag Aase need', the album was already amazing. I love how the experiment with soft and extreme music, it really is a cool effect.
Best song - Soelen gaaer bag Aase need

3. Moonsorrow - Voimasta ja Kunniasta (2001) (Finnish)
Who doesnt like this album? Just the opening and closing of the album is enough to satisfy Folk Metal listeners. I find myself non stop listening to this great classic.
Best song - Sankaritarina

4. Mägo de Oz - Gaia (2003) (Spanish)
My first experience to this band, i loved this album so much a week later i had another 3 albums. There music is special too me because its obvious they have been inspired by my favourite rock band Jethro Tull (they even cover Kelpie).
Best song - La Costa del Silencio

5. Manegarm - Urminnes Hävd (Swedish)
The official site mentions nothing of this album/EP, i dont even know what it is, but it only goes for 25 minutes or so. Its actually plain Folk music, but awesome and catchy.
Best song - Alvatrans
22.09.2006 - 03:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
@Kariasakis7- Does it count if an album has like half English lyrics and half non-English lyrics?
22.09.2006 - 11:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dangerboner on 22.09.2006 at 03:12

@Kariasakis7- Does it count if an album has like half English lyrics and half non-English lyrics?

Well it depends, if there are 2-3 itsvok, if in album has 10 and + tracks. But bette rif its full lenght and ll lyrics re in non english
----

apos;'
[image]
22.09.2006 - 11:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dark Cornatus on 22.09.2006 at 02:10

2. Ulver - Bergtatt (1995) (Swedish)
Well quite a random buy for me, i heard good things about this album so i had a go. Straight away stunned by the soft moving vocals from the first song 'I Troldskog faren vild', i fell in love, then followed with 'Soelen gaaer bag Aase need', the album was already amazing. I love how the experiment with soft and extreme music, it really is a cool effect.
Best song - Soelen gaaer bag Aase need

Its in nerwegian, band comes from Norvay an dalbum are in norvegian, even if it sounds simmilar to swedish, thise langueges are werry simmilr, only norvy has older grammer form
----

apos;'
[image]
22.09.2006 - 17:51
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Shit, for some reason i always thought they were Swedish, Wikipedia says their vocals are Archaic Danish language on the earler releases, whatever that means.
22.09.2006 - 18:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dark Cornatus on 22.09.2006 at 17:51

Shit, for some reason i always thought they were Swedish, Wikipedia says their vocals are Archaic Danish language on the earler releases, whatever that means.

Well Norvegin, Swedish, Danish, fareo ilands, Icelandish language re simmilar, of course swedish, Norvegian are simmlar how others, but in Northen sweden speeks diferent, Southern diferent, its closer how danish

Those languages are belonge german language system, like duitch, german, english

Listening english and scotish dielact, sorry man, I when drinking whit Scotish guys I didnty understand what one of hem try to say and thay speak englisg, its like english dilects those languages

Norvay, icelandish are older grammer for, icelanish are like 13th century norvegian
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2006 - 02:05
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
No band from my country? This is going to be hard, as I was planning to add some Mägo De Oz and Saratoga to the list. Oh, and I suppose instrumental albums like Nobuo Uematsu's soundtracks or the The Black Mages discography don't count, hehe. All right, here goes nothing.

1. Rammstein - "Mutter". Language: German
This was one of my first metal albums, and definitely the best the Industrial scene has to offer. The first half of the album (Mein Herz Brennt, Links 234, Sonne, Ich Will, Feuer Frei, Mutter) has turned to be an all-time metal classic, in my humble opinion. Mutter is an awesome album I am always ready to listen to.

2. In Extremo - "Sünder Ohne Zügel". Languages: German, Latin, Gaelic, Icelandic, French
Folk Metal at its very best. Actually I would have liked to place Gaia II: La Voz Dormida by Mägo De Oz here, which was against K7's rules . Sünder Ohne Zügel is an absolutely flawless album which includes a variety of songs, from headbangable, speedy ones like Vollmond or Óskasteinar (which I madly love) to more melodic ones (e.g. Nature Nous Semont or Krummavísur) and even ballads like the wonderful Unter dem Meer. In Extremo knows how Folk Metal must be played.

3. Finntroll - "Jaktens Tid". Language: Swedish
You guessed it, I love albums which show a sparkle of variety. This album does match it for me, be it the classic Jaktens Tid, the calm and melodic Aldhissla or the perfect dancing song, aka Slaget Vid Blödsalv. "Jaktens Tid" is a very well-structured album, with an intro and an outro (Tomhet Och Tystnad Härska) which fit very well, and always good Folk melodies and a nice drumwork. Nevertheless, I always feel a slight lack of guitar solos in Finntroll music; anyway, they did invent their own style, a brand new type of Folk Metal, and deserve all of my respect.

4. Lacrimosa - "Lichtgestalt". Language: German
My only Lacrimosa album, yet a neat one. When you hear the name of Lacrimosa, you can only think about Gothic Metal. When you listen to "Lichtgestalt", with its supreme melodies and harmonies, you can even smell Gothic Metal! My favourite song has to be Hohelied der Liebe because of the fact that I usually thought that no Gothic Metal epic song could ever be a masterpiece, and Hohelied der Liebe, well... changed my mind.

Those are my three "neither-Spanish-non-English-speaking" jewels to be honest. I own other good albums like Equilibrium's Turis Fratyr (in German), Moonsorrow's Voimasta Ja Kunniasta (in Finnish) or some stuff by Rata Blanca (in Spanish), but they don't actually make it to my top albums chart.
27.09.2006 - 02:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@ Taktsekte - jaja man you can add all Mago de oz albums and its be top 10, but Rata Blanca counts

Good post like lways and great viusaly too, i like your posts

im not big fn of bands what you menation here, but 3th-4th jaja
I like Fintroll but i hawnt hear band Lacrimosa, i chack them in MS and MA, seems i gonne lick them, gona search mp3 soon

JaJa - you can open tread top 10 instrumentals + top 10 instrumental titles not in english, ist ebe good
----

apos;'
[image]