Metal Storm logo
Pendulum - New Tracks Feat. In Flames, Steven Wilson Online

Drum & Bass/Electronica outfit Pendulum recently (as in: yesterday) released their third studio album Immersion, which features some very interesting guest appearances that might interest a few people around here.

It appears that the track "Self vs. Self" features In Flames vocalist Anders Fridén, guitarist Björn Gelotte and bassist Peter Iwers. Another track, entitled "The Fountain" features the vocals of Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree/Blackfield/OSI fame. Check out both tracks below, and let us know what you think!

Pendulum regularly appears on the Download and Reading Festivals, and is also lined up for 2 Sonisphere Festivals this year. More on Pendulum at MySpace.

Pendulum Feat. In Flames - Self vs Self

Pendulum Feat. Steven Wilson - The Fountain

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: In Flames
Posted: 25.05.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 123 users
25.05.2010 - 21:13
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Yeah, I heard it on the album.

Unfortunately Pendulum no longer has the power beats of Drum N Bass, Immersion is more to a Electronic/rock album.

And this mix with In Flames's melo-death does not sounded good. Worst song in the album, which by the way is very good.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
25.05.2010 - 22:11
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Thanks Thryce. I've never heard of this band before, until the album's lead single "Watercolour" crashed the UK singles charts at number 3 and I really enjoyed that track. Now I'm even more motivated to check out the other songs now

Edit: don't like the In Flames one, but the Steven Wilson one is quite good
----
loves 小巫
25.05.2010 - 22:18
pcgecko85
Interesting, I think my favorite electronica/metal band is Infected Mushroom. I'll have to check this band out.
25.05.2010 - 22:47
Cyroth
Their first album, "Hold Your Colour" is their best,this is a nice album though.
----
25.05.2010 - 23:03
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
The Fountain sounds cool, but that other one... not so much. :l
25.05.2010 - 23:04
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
"Self vs Self" was a bit disappointing, but this kind of sound does goes well with nowadays In Flames imo
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
26.05.2010 - 00:01
pazuzuovbabel
Pazuzu
I liked 'em both ,, i guess am gona check this album ,, Steven name always linked to good stuff
26.05.2010 - 01:15
elseif
Pendulum and Infected Mushroom are good.

Hold Your Colour is a great album.
26.05.2010 - 01:48
pagb666
"Blood Sugar" is my very fave
26.05.2010 - 02:26
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
The In Flames one sound too much A Sense of Purpose-ish. Hope In Flames themselves evolve from A Sense of Purpose as they have on every album, evolved from the album before it.
26.05.2010 - 04:11
tulkas
el parcero
Kinda disappointed with both of them, not to my liking at all. I hope they don't lose the touch that got them to where they are... :/
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
26.05.2010 - 13:33
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
LOL In Flames participation was considered bad by most Metal and DrumNBass fans The song is really not up to the rest of the album.

But well.. at least they tried, it was a good thought in experimentalism.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
26.05.2010 - 13:47
fazzeh
This collaboration does neither of the bands justice, very disappointing...
04.08.2010 - 15:12
Cyroth
I for one enjoy the song collaboration, seems I'm one of the very few
----

Hits total: 4603 | This month: 6