11. Unnatural
12. Skewered From Ear To Eye
13. Skull Fragment Armor [limited edition bonus]

Disc II [DVD] [limited edition bonus]
+ Hour-long "making of" video

Additional info
European limited edition CD/DVD digipak version includes the bonus track:
13. Skull Fragment Armor (02:10)

There is also a version that comes in a large plastic bag containing a large full color comic book and a clear plastic sleeve with the album on CD and the original CD album booklet.

Music videos were made for the songs "Evisceration Plague" and "Priests of Sodom".

The album is banned in Germany Index Liste A since April 2010; this means it may not be sold to minors or performed live.

Staff review by
Herzebeth
Rating:
Well, I've found that Cannibal Corpse is like pop-corn. Yes, pop-corn. You go to the movies and the only thing you know it's going to taste like heaven is pop-corn; pop-corn has that special "you know what" thing that makes everything worthwhile right? Even when the variables are sucky you know something good will come out of your bag of pop-corn, even when the movie sucks donkey dick, even if your date didn't show up, even if there's an annoying old lady talking shit during the climax of the film?even if some kid spits on your knee, you'll always have your greasy and tasty pop-corn waiting for you on the palm of your hand.

Read more ››
published 20.02.2009 | Comments (32)

Found in 17 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 35   Visited by: 590 users
07.07.2010 - 23:27
Rating: 8
Never seen the video for priests of sodom till just now, i forget how fast they play sometimes! lol pat, rob and alex look like there on a hype its great, ridiculous penetonics etc and just to keep going through the whole of it lol
----
He Who Sleeps
08.07.2010 - 00:01
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Yeah, great video for an awesome band.
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
08.07.2010 - 15:07
Rating: 4
vezzy
Stallmanite
Didn't like this album, really.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
08.07.2010 - 15:45
Rating: 7
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Definitely a step down after the awesome 'KILL'. Although 'Scalding Hail', and my personal fave 'Carnivorous Swarm' are awesome songs. \m/
08.07.2010 - 16:45
The bleeding is still best album i ever heard by them
----
He Who Sleeps
15.07.2010 - 15:59
Rating: 4
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by juspurfreakofnat on 08.07.2010 at 16:45

The bleeding is still best album i ever heard by them

Definitely agree. I find it better than Tomb of the Mutilated, which still isn't as good as Eaten Back to Life.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
07.03.2011 - 19:31
Rating: 5
dead
‎He starts with the draining of liquid mass,
His victims lie helpless and wide awake,
Bodies are shriveled to skeletal form,
To decompose.
Bone matter is now removed from the skin,
Collection of femurs used to impale,
Scattered skulls oozing with brains left unfound,
To decompose.
It will all end in the dirt again.
Left to be one with the dirt again.
To Decompose.
07.03.2011 - 19:54
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by dead on 07.03.2011 at 19:31

‎*To Decompose lyrics*

Are the album's lyrics your reason behind the 1, or did you just enjoy that song's lyrics?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.03.2011 - 20:05
dead
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.03.2011 at 19:54

Written by dead on 07.03.2011 at 19:31

‎*To Decompose lyrics*

Are the album's lyrics your reason behind the 1, or did you just enjoy that song's lyrics?

i didnt realize i gave it a one shit. i give it like a 5 really, i LOVE that song so much but thats about it.
im an obsessivly devoted fan to cannibal corpse 91-94 era. yep nothing personal againt george, hes an increadably talented vocalist but i have never yet founbd anything i love more that the Barnes era, specifically Tomb of the Mutilated circa 1992. this album has come along way.. really its a long way from anything theyve done i think. it just dosnt have that cannibal corpse esssance i love so dearly
07.03.2011 - 20:09
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by dead on 07.03.2011 at 20:05

i didnt realize i gave it a one shit. i give it like a 5 really, i LOVE that song so much but thats about it.
im an obsessivly devoted fan to cannibal corpse 91-94 era. yep nothing personal againt george, hes an increadably talented vocalist but i have never yet founbd anything i love more that the Barnes era, specifically Tomb of the Mutilated circa 1992. this album has come along way.. really its a long way from anything theyve done i think. it just dosnt have that cannibal corpse esssance i love so dearly

I'm a fan of both CC eras. Barnes, at least at the time, was a little more constructive with his lyrics, and his growl fit the sound of the band perfectly. Corpsegrinder brought a much higher pitch and somewhat varied growl, and the direction of the music changed slightly in that it's not as thick/sludgy. I think I might be more critical of Corpsegrinder-era due to the fact he's been with them long enough to have released a few average albums, whereas everything Barnes did was awesome and he left before he could make anything worse.

Of course I don't mean to imply he wrote the songs himself, but it seems the way the band operates as a whole, the vocals dictate the music.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.03.2011 - 20:55
Rating: 9
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.03.2011 at 20:09

I'm a fan of both CC eras. Barnes, at least at the time, was a little more constructive with his lyrics, and his growl fit the sound of the band perfectly. Corpsegrinder brought a much higher pitch and somewhat varied growl, and the direction of the music changed slightly in that it's not as thick/sludgy. I think I might be more critical of Corpsegrinder-era due to the fact he's been with them long enough to have released a few average albums, whereas everything Barnes did was awesome and he left before he could make anything worse.

Of course I don't mean to imply he wrote the songs himself, but it seems the way the band operates as a whole, the vocals dictate the music.

the direction that the band has taken after barnes left is much much SAFE! so i cant help but think that barnes was THE MIND behind the band's enormous extremity of the first albums.... he was probably so extreme that no one liked him hahahah..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
07.03.2011 - 21:23
dead

i totaly agree 100% and six feet under is a awsome band but in comparison its just absolute shit.
George has more power from his diaphram and a bigger more blown open throat so hes got amazing pitch and power and stanima,
chris squeezed his throat off and pushed through his teeth bassically and did differant alterations with tounge and jaw and diaphram placements so it gave him more of a range i thought. he has a super low deep voice with a perfectly contrasting high layerd on top and one of the most pure ronchiest gutteral growls and gurgles nad rapsps and breaks in his voice.
george has a very controlled tailored sound that pours out of him like flood waters buut i love that ronchy nasty painfull sound chris has because you can tell its so natural and comfortable for him and despite the technical informalities and un harmonic disadvvantages he has bassicaly for 20 some years stayed true to who he was and never tried to do anything but chris barnes. six feet under has a sludgier slower style so he has more screams and longer growls and over drawn sylables like doom metal but he keeps his voice 100% death metal and i love and respect that about him. despite everything else he has always stayed true to who he is and after 20 years he has announced he is totaly reverting and bringing back the sound and style of music structure and vocals to the Tomb Of the Mutilated Days, wich is the master source of all my obsession and i see cannible corpse tourin all over n gettin good press n stuff but they most certanialy are not trying to sound anything like 91-06 and i rmember hearing interviews with alex 5 or 6 years ago sayin where he said "no matter what happends we will always stay who we are we will never stop or change our sound becuase that sound is Cannibal Corpse"
i miss that aditude, anymore it seems like most the members, and all the members who quit just want to move on to differant things and get over Cannibal Corpse. i just saw deicide with Jack Owen who was a founding member and guitarist untill 2004 and his statments said not much more than "i just want it to be over, everyone needs to just get the fuck over it, its time to move on to differant things." i fear a lack of passion and drive will soon be the demise of what i feel is the greatest most legendarily epic musical masterpeice of all time.
and im sooo othrilled to hear chris bring up the tomb of the mutilated dsays just a few weeks ago, cuz i always knew that he will alweays be that album and he is finally making it comeback, and if he knows its true and absolutrly necessary, than i would hope at least one other origianl member would feel the same.
but everyone seems to hate chris with a burnig rage, and chris is the cannibal corpse i love so its sorta like cannibal corpse absolutlky hates everything i love about them and it shows in their re formating of this album. i the track "evisceration plauge" on a mix disc in my car for months and i litterally didnt even reconize them and couldnyt ever get through the first 45 seconds it took weeks to build up the courage to hear the rest of the album and there are a ffew songs i really reallly like but if they dont come back imediatly on their next album and if they continue with these changes of everything it will physically shatter my heart and soul. im so terrofyed to hear it when it comes out, but i have faith aznd confadence in them.
07.03.2011 - 22:46
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by dead on 07.03.2011 at 21:23

George has more power from his diaphram and a bigger more blown open throat so hes got amazing pitch and power and stanima,
chris squeezed his throat off and pushed through his teeth bassically and did differant alterations with tounge and jaw and diaphram placements so it gave him more of a range i thought.

1. you should surely be a doctor and surely the most desperate CC fan! (just kidding)
2. on the other hand, IMO their latest album is probably on the best with Fisher, much better that gore obssesed or bloodthirst or even kill. it just has more songs i like....
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
08.03.2011 - 01:25
dead
Written by Deadmeat on 07.03.2011 at 22:46

chris squeezed his throat off and pushed through his teeth bassically and did differant alterations with tounge and jaw and diaphram placements so it gave him more of a range i thought.

1. you should surely be a doctor and surely the most desperate CC fan! (just kidding)
2. on the other hand, IMO their latest album is probably on the best with Fisher, much better that gore obssesed or bloodthirst or even kill. it just has more songs i like....

lol im very fascinated by the anatomy involved in metal vocals. weather the guys knows it or not or can control specific muscles or not, every sound and pitch and annunciatin and everything else is all dependant on stretching and squeezing and contorting the vocal chords and throat trachea and asophagus and with out proper lung and diaphram technique you would have no volume or power n stuff. when i study vocalists i look to how the use their lips and cheaks n toungs n throats n how they breath n stand n pace their breaths, im so amused with the human muscular system.
im a bit of an anatomy buff..
wich is why i appreciate the descriptive story tellings of Cannibal Corpse haha. descriptive glorification of human corpse and the physical process of death and discriptive and pretty damn accurate phases of total human decomposition.

i dont know why but i am un resonably obsessed with the entity force that is cannibal corpse. the songs are a narritive auto biography of this creature that has had me complety fixated on who "he" is n "his" thoughts n actions. tho its just fictional songs if you read the entire discograpy every lyric from all the songs in order, its bassicaly a short novel.

haha its silly

and i agree .
if you ask me what my facorite corpsegrinder disk is id say "live cannabalizm" because george sings i cum blood and all the old chris songs, so even tho the vocals are slightly off, its bassicaly tomb of the mutilated. hah this is by far the best corpsgrinder album and i love him in it and i love it with him, but i absolutly cannot love it as cannible corpse because its like a completly differant band and has lost nearly everything that identifyed them as cannibal corpse. i just decided to tell myself that cannable corpse didnt release this album, but george's side project did and i go about listening to my 91-06 collection and i wait for Chris Barnes to release the new and improved Tomb of the Mutilated, stylized exaclty how Chris knows it be.

idky im such a creepy obsessive fan.

i only get liek this about Cannibal Corpse/Chris Barnes and Meshuggah , who i basicaly veiw as my spiritual god of metal euphoria. they are like a fucking religious experiance man im just so completly awe stricken by meshhugan like a chemical reaction and they posses my soul and the music man, hyptnotizes me to another universe.
but meshuggah and cannible corpse are apple and oranges you cannot compare them at all.
08.03.2011 - 01:42
dead
Written by Deadmeat on 07.03.2011 at 20:55

the direction that the band has taken after barnes left is much much SAFE! so i cant help but think that barnes was THE MIND behind the band's enormous extremity of the first albums.... he was probably so extreme that no one liked him hahahah..

chris barnes is totatly the heart of cannibal corpse, he was beeing held back tho from writing they way he really wantexd to and other disputes. everybody hated chris n all he did was try to make his music, when he left u can instantly tell because reading the lyrics feels like im reading something somebody else wrote trying to sound like a cannible corpse song. and its not bad n they dont suck totaly now or when chris left but the origional main intention and force of cannibal corpse was suddenly gone and athen it was left with a bunch of guys who as stated by alex "just want to move forward and not live in the past" tho a few years earlier same person stated "all i want to do is play this music forever. i dont ever want to change anything about our sound because this is who we are."
chris even has said When asked in an interview what his favourite Cannibal Corpse album that he worked on was, he commented "I love them all, I really do. I really enjoyed them all," In the same interview when he was asked about his time with the band, he responded "I look back on it with a lot of fond memories. It was pretty much my starting point - it wasn't exactly my starting point, but it was as a professional musician. I think that I really helped bring about a certain style of music, and with that band I really outlined what most people think death metal vocals sound like - I'm part of that. I'm really proud of the imagery, and the lyrical stories that I put together on all those albums. We set out to conquer the world though, and I think we did as far as our corner of the world was concerned."

so it really tickles my soul that after all the years of bullshit, he is going to come out with an album the way he want it to be done and it will be in the style of 91-93 chris barnes and be alot like tomb of the mutilated becuase he feels so "at home" with it. he said he hasnt screamed over blast beats in so long he misses it and is going to bring mega blast beats liek we never heard before. blast beats are my favorite thing in the world. tomb of the mutilated is the best album in the world. i am verry proud of him for staying him.
08.03.2011 - 01:46
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by dead on 08.03.2011 at 01:25

and Meshuggah , who i basicaly veiw as my spiritual god of metal euphoria. they are like a fucking religious experiance man im just so completly awe stricken by meshhugan like a chemical reaction and they posses my soul and the music man, hyptnotizes me to another universe.
but meshuggah and cannible corpse are apple and oranges you cannot compare them at all.

i love cannibal corpse. especially their four albums with barnes. i love them even now with corpsegrinder. i've seen them live and generally i appreciate them a lot. even now. because they keep on creating nice songs. not nice albums anymore. nice songs. but as for meshugah, i've not listened to them a lot but from the few songs i've listened to i hate them! ahahaha! that's all..
----
08.03.2011 - 02:03
dead
Written by Deadmeat on 08.03.2011 at 01:46

and Meshuggah , who i basicaly veiw as my spiritual god of metal euphoria. they are like a fucking religious experiance man im just so completly awe stricken by meshhugan like a chemical reaction and they posses my soul and the music man, hyptnotizes me to another universe.

i love cannibal corpse. especially their four albums with barnes. i love them even now with corpsegrinder. i've seen them live and generally i appreciate them a lot. even now. because they keep on creating nice songs. not nice albums anymore. nice songs. but as for meshugah, i've not listened to them a lot but from the few songs i've listened to i hate them! ahahaha! that's all..

haha! yes! they do keep making really nice songs. im so happy haha. u hated meshuggah? u didnt hear the right stuff. you must give a chance to
_ Gods Of Rapture
_The Exquisite Machinery Of Torture
_New Millennium Cyanide Christ
And
_ Bleed:banger:
and ill bet u like one of them songs i BET you will. first three are my favorites of theirs
08.03.2011 - 02:07
dead
I just realized i was having two conversation about how crazy for cannible corpse i am in the same forum.

makes me seem pretty insane and weirdly creepy
haha i apologize for the flood, im new to this site n still getting use to the forums lol
08.03.2011 - 02:08
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by dead on 08.03.2011 at 02:03

haha! yes! they do keep making really nice songs. im so happy haha. u hated meshuggah? u didnt hear the right stuff. you must give a chance to
_ Gods Of Rapture
And
and ill bet u like one of them songs i BET you will. first three are my favorites of theirs

well i dont like it

i dont like generally this style of riffing, i prefer faster and more "crushing" music. something like "fucked with a knife", "i cum blood" etc... but surely one day i'll give messughah a chance.
----
08.03.2011 - 02:15
dead
Written by Deadmeat on 08.03.2011 at 02:08

Written by dead on 08.03.2011 at 02:03

_ Gods Of Rapture
And

well i dont like it

i dont like generally this style of riffing, i prefer faster and more "crushing" music. something like "fucked with a knife", "i cum blood" etc... but surely one day i'll give messughah a chance.

yes yes yes yes yes i do to i do to i cum blood is the best song ever created and always will be for all eternity.
i need it super fast n crushing with machine gun blast beats that bang my brain stem into a near seizure OR i also get down on some usper sludge EYEHATEGOD / NILE shit but its gada be super sludge and thicker and crunchyer tuned as low as possible and bloody finger chugging IF the drums maintains double base, triplets and blast beats must apear at least for one count . haha but FUCK meshuggah is just so amazing. it will grow on you. took me like a year i hated em but one day i it just blew my fucking mind and i never got it back lol
08.03.2011 - 02:20
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by dead on 08.03.2011 at 02:15

yes yes yes yes yes i do to i do to i cum blood is the best song ever created and always will be for all eternity.
i need it super fast n crushing with machine gun blast beats that bang my brain stem into a near seizure OR i also get down on some usper sludge EYEHATEGOD / NILE shit but its gada be super sludge and thicker and crunchyer tuned as low as possible and bloody finger chugging IF the drums maintains double base, triplets and blast beats must apear at least for one count . haha but FUCK meshuggah is just so amazing. it will grow on you. took me like a year i hated em but one day i it just blew my fucking mind and i never got it back lol

also eaten back to life is awesome! generally everything with barnes. my favorite is the bleeding though because of the awesome guitar work! pulverized, she was asking for it and pick axe murders are awesome!
----
08.03.2011 - 05:21
dead
The bleeding yess guitar orgasm. striped raped and strangled is my shit! my number 2 under i cum blood deffinatly. gutted, meat hook sodomy, entrials ripped from a virgins cunt, frantic disembowlment, dismemberd and molested, The Cryptic Stench, Addicted To Vaginal Skin, Post Mortal Ejaculation, to decompose. my most top favorite cannibal corpse songs
09.03.2011 - 00:15
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by dead on 08.03.2011 at 02:07

I just realized i was having two conversation about how crazy for cannible corpse i am in the same forum.

makes me seem pretty insane and weirdly creepy
haha i apologize for the flood, im new to this site n still getting use to the forums lol

you surely are crazy about CC but this is not bad! i think you just shouldnt be that much ONLY when someone wants to discuss with you about the opposite. so keep on loving them!!!
----
06.09.2011 - 04:40
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I liked this album a lot with implementing different stuff that they aint use to hooked on. Less br00tal as compare to "Gore Obsessed", "Kill", "The Wretched Spawn" "Gallery of Suicide"...clean vocals and pretty kickass riffs. Alex Webster always been a recognizable bassist in the Metal world.... but as far as I m concerned..... in this album he was amazing with a strong riffs clinching with every song that hit the pinnacle of Brutal Death Metal......Awesome!!!! So overall, It was pretty kicked in and 9 from my side it deserves.
22.10.2011 - 21:22
musicalkaratekid
A good album, but nowhere near as intense as the songs on 'Kill', except perhaps for the title track and shatter their bones. Also,the last three tracks could have done without being on the album:P
04.05.2012 - 07:23
Maxx666
Meshuggahian

Written by Deadmeat on 07.03.2011 at 22:46

lol im very fascinated by the anatomy involved in metal vocals. weather the guys knows it or not or can control specific muscles or not, every sound and pitch and annunciatin and everything else is all dependant on stretching and squeezing and contorting the vocal chords and throat trachea and asophagus and with out proper lung and diaphram technique you would have no volume or power n stuff. when i study vocalists i look to how the use their lips and cheaks n toungs n throats n how they breath n stand n pace their breaths, im so amused with the human muscular system.
im a bit of an anatomy buff..
wich is why i appreciate the descriptive story tellings of Cannibal Corpse haha. descriptive glorification of human corpse and the physical process of death and discriptive and pretty damn accurate phases of total human decomposition.

i dont know why but i am un resonably obsessed with the entity force that is cannibal corpse. the songs are a narritive auto biography of this creature that has had me complety fixated on who "he" is n "his" thoughts n actions. tho its just fictional songs if you read the entire discograpy every lyric from all the songs in order, its bassicaly a short novel.

haha its silly

and i agree .
if you ask me what my facorite corpsegrinder disk is id say "live cannabalizm" because george sings i cum blood and all the old chris songs, so even tho the vocals are slightly off, its bassicaly tomb of the mutilated. hah this is by far the best corpsgrinder album and i love him in it and i love it with him, but i absolutly cannot love it as cannible corpse because its like a completly differant band and has lost nearly everything that identifyed them as cannibal corpse. i just decided to tell myself that cannable corpse didnt release this album, but george's side project did and i go about listening to my 91-06 collection and i wait for Chris Barnes to release the new and improved Tomb of the Mutilated, stylized exaclty how Chris knows it be.

idky im such a creepy obsessive fan.

i only get liek this about Cannibal Corpse/Chris Barnes and Meshuggah , who i basicaly veiw as my spiritual god of metal euphoria. they are like a fucking religious experiance man im just so completly awe stricken by meshhugan like a chemical reaction and they posses my soul and the music man, hyptnotizes me to another universe.

Wow at last somebody finally understands what Meshuggah does with the mind and why i'm so fucking obsessed with it. Meshuggah is indeed a religious experience that have paradigm shifting effect on the mind.. Maybe thats why i have over 11000 scrobbles of Chaosphere on last fm.. check out my profile http://www.last.fm/user/Maxx666Thor
13.05.2012 - 19:52
Mattybu
Oh Jesus. We got a grower here didn't think I would like this as much as I do...
30.08.2012 - 22:38
Cronomaster
Technically good, but it's boring as hell. I wanted to turn it of after fifth track, but I naver rate any album, before I listen every track it contains..
15.05.2013 - 19:09
Illog1cal
Account deleted
There is a distinct experimentation with odd time signatures on this album. The riffs are certainly the most unusual out of all of CC albums, its a shame the song writing does not quite grab you by the throat like 'Kill' did.
12.07.2013 - 05:08
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Deadmeat on 07.03.2011 at 20:55

Judging by the mediocrity of Six Feet Under, I doubt he is the reason why the first few albums were good (which, from my perspective, were actually quite boring).
----

Hits total: 14153 | This month: 42