Metal Storm logo
Opeth - Live DVD/CD Details

Fap away gentlemen, Opeth have revealed that their new live album In Live Concert At The Royal Albert Hall will be released through Roadrunner on September 20th. When you're done, you can read the entire press release below.

As part of the ongoing celebration of their 20th anniversary, Sweden's Opeth is releasing live footage and audio from the band's recent performance at London's famed Royal Albert Hall. In Live Concert at the Royal Albert Hall, due out 9/21/10, is a fierce testament to Opeth's continued success in the progressive metal community.

Twenty years and nine records into their legendary career, Opeth's "progressively creative spirit" (ARTISTdirect) remains unwavering, propelling the band through the "Evolution XX: An Opeth Anthology" tour, which brought the Swedish titans to six of the world's most unique venues, and now, with the release of In Live Concert at the Royal Albert Hall, into the homes of their fans.

The performance at the Royal Albert Hall (recorded on the 5th of April, 2010) includes two sets, the first consisting of the band performing 2000's now-classic, breakthrough epic, Blackwater Park in its entirety, and the second, a chronologically arranged selection of material from the rest of Opeth's extensive catalogue, totaling almost three hours of music. It is, like the rest of Opeth's greatest work, "purposefully warped in all the right places" (Decibel). The front cover artwork concept pays tribute to Deep Purple´s Concerto for Group and Orchestra, underlining the band's longstanding love for their prog-rock roots.

Thinking back to the concert, frontman Mikael Åkerfeldt says: "Opeth had a magical night playing the Royal Albert Hall. It was a dream come true, and now afterwards, it still feels like a dream. We got it all on film, and this, our third live recording and DVD might be my personal favorite. One couldn't help to think of all the fantastic artists that played there over the years. Looking back at this night of celebration brings me fond memories of our 20th anniversary?this package is the delayed birthday present. Enjoy!"

The release will be available as three very special configurations:

Limited Edition Vinyl Box Set, which includes:

• Double-DVD set of Opeth's performance at the legendary Royal Albert Hall, in its entirety, including bonus features.
  • A set of four 180-gram LP's of the concert's live audio in its entirety. The vinyl is housed in black poly lined inner sleeves which are packaged as 2 double gatefold set with exclusive artwork. Vinyl only available in this box set.
  • Exclusive, numbered lithograph with artwork designed by Mikael Åkerfeldt and longtime Opeth designer, Travis Smith.
  • 20-page, LP sized booklet printed on coated paper stock that chronicles the night's events in photos.
  • Expanded, exclusive artwork and more.

5-disc set that consists of 2-DVD and 3 CD's. The set not only includes the legendary evening captured on video, but the concert's live audio in its entirety as well.

Double-DVD set of Opeth's performance at the legendary Royal Albert Hall, in its entirety, including bonus features.

In Live Concert At The Royal Albert Hall [cover art] tracklist:

Set I

01. The Leper Affinity
    02. Bleak
    03. Harvest
    04. The Drapery Falls
    05. Dirge For November
    06. The Funeral Portrait
    07. Patterns In The Ivy
    08. Blackwater Park

Set II

01. Forest Of October
    02. Advent
    03. April Ethereal
    04. The Moor
    05. Wreath
    06. Hope Leaves
    07. Harlequin Forest
    08. The Lotus Eater

Source: metalhammer.co.uk
    Band profile: Opeth
  • Posted: 22.07.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 35   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 330 users
    22.07.2010 - 14:43
    corrupt
    With a lowercase c
    Admin
    That's what I call a package. Count me in.

Cover art sucks though.
    ----
    22.07.2010 - 14:54
    Dark Blood
    The Avenger
    Holy fucking what/whoever-it-is! Blackwater Park in its entirely! + one from each album. Oh boy, this September will be orgasmic just with this release. I want it!
    Great... now I have to clean the damn keyboard and monitor...
    ----
    It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
    22.07.2010 - 14:55
    Andresopeth
    Wow, an awesome selection! Advent, Wreath, April Etherial, The Lotus Eater and the whole Blackwater Park in the same DVD. Just wordless, i can't wait to september the 20 to buy it!
    22.07.2010 - 15:10
    skrätte
    I Hate You
    Fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap...

Okay. I'm off to read the article.
    ----
    22.07.2010 - 15:24
    Introspekrieg
    Totemic Lust
    Elite
    Is that really the cover? It's actually pretty funny...
    22.07.2010 - 15:35
    nb
    The cover is actually funny
    22.07.2010 - 15:40
    Abattoir
    Staff
    Written by Guest on 22.07.2010 at 15:28

Written by corrupt on 22.07.2010 at 14:43

That's what I call a package. Count me in.

Cover art sucks though.

yeah it's totally sucks ass.

Which is quite unsusal for Opeth...
    22.07.2010 - 15:55
    Dark Blood
    The Avenger
    What disturbs me more about the cover is "Opeth" written in purple and the pinky letters... But it doesnt matter, the content makes up for the cover.
    ----
    It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
    22.07.2010 - 16:04
    Warman
    Erotic Stains
    I saw this show in Stockholm and it's possibly the best setlist I've ever witnessed.
    ----
    22.07.2010 - 16:24
    BobMoron
    Same setlist as in Paris. Probably the best concert I've ever been to.

Also, what the fuck is that cover?
    ----
    'The key to making Oscar Wilde quotes is to add '~ Oscar Wilde' at the end.' ~ Oscar Wilde
    22.07.2010 - 17:01
    Warman
    Erotic Stains
    Chill out dudes! I guess they're not really serious about the cover, a mix of irony and made it look like a typical "orchestra" album cover. Quite fun.
    ----
    22.07.2010 - 17:12
    corrupt
    With a lowercase c
    Admin
    Written by Warman on 22.07.2010 at 17:01

Chill out dudes! I guess they're not really serious about the cover, a mix of irony and made it look like a typical "orchestra" album cover. Quite fun.

Still one of the typical darkly elegant Opeth covers couldn't hurt here. This way I'll be really proud of the DVD but too ashamed of it's cover to show it to people at the same time.
    ----
    22.07.2010 - 17:32
    BobMoron
    Written by Warman on 22.07.2010 at 17:01

Chill out dudes!

No way!

srs business is srs.
    ----
    'The key to making Oscar Wilde quotes is to add '~ Oscar Wilde' at the end.' ~ Oscar Wilde
    22.07.2010 - 17:40
    addiction
    I was there and it was of course great!!! And hahaha!!!!!!!! I was seating almost at the exact same seat as one of the people on the cover!!!!!
    ----
    alive in the superunknown
    22.07.2010 - 18:32
    blade-bunny
    Will be this years live release, without doubt. I like the cover, though it's not as typical Opeth as their other live albums, but still, very good looking!
    22.07.2010 - 18:49
    Ted
    Account deleted
    And Blackwater Park all the way through...
    That second set is awesome too ..
    22.07.2010 - 20:34
    Symmachus
    That's quite an introductory passage for a nes bulletin. That album artwork is pretty unusual as well.
    22.07.2010 - 20:37
    Zuzuz0r
    Well, this is going to be faptastic, And that cover is the best I've ever seen in a while.
    ----
    If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
    Then God is not dead.
    22.07.2010 - 20:44
    advent
    The selection is just great , specially the second set:)
    22.07.2010 - 22:27
    Hamird
    Lieutenant
    Unlike the previous DVD this set list is very suitable for me, It's gonna be my favorite...!
    22.07.2010 - 23:27
    duro
    And no blu-ray??
    there is no better way to enjoy this kind of release than in hi-def
    23.07.2010 - 00:42
    opeth771
    ASDIOASJDIOJAIOJRIOJ IOAEJRIOJ EAIOJRIOEJAIORJIOEJA IOJRIOAEJRIOJOAI ROAE$JR A/)I ()

IS ALL I CAN SAY OMG!
    23.07.2010 - 02:31
    foschino
    Account deleted
    Tracklist of Set II is very weak. They have better songs
    23.07.2010 - 04:56
    Opethian
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG and OMG ... Whats with the Album Art ? ANYWAYS ... A must as you can see
    23.07.2010 - 09:44
    pazuzuovbabel
    Pazuzu
    THATS ROCKS ,, but the album cover SUCKSSSSSSSSS ...
    23.07.2010 - 11:04
    BloodTears
    ANA-thema
    Elite
    I'm rejoicing right now that we finally know the date. I'll buy it of course, not the limited addiction though. Couldnt miss this setlist. I think it'll be quite an epic DVD.

I don't even care about the cover at this point lol
    ----
    Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
    23.07.2010 - 12:56
    Mr.Wilson
    Guys the cover is an homage to a deep Purple's Album

----
    "..Damned in any Language..."
    23.07.2010 - 12:58
    Introspekrieg
    Totemic Lust
    Elite
    Written by Mr.Wilson on 23.07.2010 at 12:56

Guys the cover is an homage to a deep Purple's Album

Oh snap... the more you know...
    23.07.2010 - 14:37
    TheBigRossowski
    Forgot to add my ''drool'' Dude and I couldn't add him in my edit for some reason. Oh well...

NEW POST!

Count me in for the Limited Edition
    ----
    That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
    23.07.2010 - 16:49
    Storchillarn
    Cover art-tribute is so awesome, Åkerfeldt is a true music fan! Saw them in STHLM and the set list is insane, except Forest of October should've been The Twilight Is My Robe. ^^

Hits total: 7710 | This month: 6