Metal Storm logo
Metal heads and fat chics (no offense girls)

04.08.2010 - 10:08
flickaa
I have been in the metal scene for a few years and I've noticed that most metal heads like to date fat girls.. I am really wondering why this is happening.. Does anybody know????

NO OFFENSE to girls that have a few exta pounds... in fact you people are lucky!!!!

=)

Please give me your opinions.
04.08.2010 - 10:58
Angelic Storm
Melodious
What? Thats certainly not the case over here anyways. When I go to gigs, most of the metal head guys I see with GFs are with slimmer, more conventionally attractive girls...

Is this even a relevant topic? lol
04.08.2010 - 11:04
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Lolwhut?!

A predilection for the larger ladies has nothing to do with being a metaller. Obviously there are many people who favour such girls but I doubt you'd find such a link between the two. If you walk down the street you'll also find larger women with guys, doesn't mean that's what the guys naturally go for, sometimes it just works out that way for people.
04.08.2010 - 15:23
Perseverence
Account deleted
All the metal guys I know are gay. But I like chubby girls, screw anorexia!
04.08.2010 - 22:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hmmm I dont go to gigs offen, distance, road and money of corse, so Im single and of corse I prefere like GF slim as much possible girl, but like friend I have no how to say size doesn metter, since Im not uber slim like hmmm Ramones LOL, iM not fat to, Im slim, but not uber, and I dont like such type girls who eat one apple per week and want be modfel tyle uber slim when you can see all bones, so I even dunno if I stick on topic.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.08.2010 - 23:01
Elio
Red Nightmare
Flickaa, if this can boost your morale, think that I'd choose you over a fat chick anyday.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
05.08.2010 - 01:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Elio on 04.08.2010 at 23:01

Flickaa, if this can boost your morale, think that I'd choose you over a fat chick anyday.

me to
----

apos;'
[image]
05.08.2010 - 01:15
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Purely speculative guess: many metalheads and other males from the 'alternative' subcultures out there have various complexes that they are struggling with. Thus, many of them have low self esteem and therefore believe that they can't do any better than fat girls.

BTW - being overweight or even obese is a DISEASE and people who find women/men that are fat attractive are either fetishists or attracted to sick people. They might be really great people on the inside but on the outside they are not only unattractive but also sick and they should do something about it instead of arguing that their sickness makes them beautiful. I know this because I've been overweight for a while and I immediately felt the health consequences, I cant even imagine how unhealthy an obese person must feel.
05.08.2010 - 01:23
Edmund Fogg
My gf and soon to be mother of my child as a few extra pounds.I've always prefer girls with rounder shape and I also think that part of the appeal is that most of the time those girls are independant thinkers and that is really a turn on(for me at least).
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
05.08.2010 - 01:26
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
What do you mean by a few extra pounds? There is nothing wrong with being full figured but if you're venturing into the overweight and obese categories, you're simply being unhealthy.

Also, since so many people are fat in developed countries (thanks fast food), the fat look is becoming more acceptable there.
05.08.2010 - 01:27
Edmund Fogg
Written by jupitreas on 05.08.2010 at 01:15

Purely speculative guess: many metalheads and other males from the 'alternative' subcultures out there have various complexes that they are struggling with. Thus, many of them have low self esteem and therefore believe that they can't do any better than fat girls.

BTW - being overweight or even obese is a DISEASE and people who find women/men that are fat attractive are either fetishists or attracted to sick people. They might be really great people on the inside but on the outside they are not only unattractive but also sick and they should do something about it instead of arguing that their sickness makes them beautiful. I know this because I've been overweight for a while and I immediately felt the health consequences, I cant even imagine how unhealthy an obese person must feel.

There is a huge difference between putting up a few extra pounds and being obese.Of course me and my girlfriend take care of our health but we are not obsessed about our weight.And from my celibacy time I am well aware that I can score with the bone skinny type of girls.I just don't find them attractive
----
05.08.2010 - 01:32
Edmund Fogg
Written by jupitreas on 05.08.2010 at 01:26

What do you mean by a few extra pounds? There is nothing wrong with being full figured but if you're venturing into the overweight and obese categories, you're simply being unhealthy.

Also, since so many people are fat in developed countries (thanks fast food), the fat look is becoming more acceptable there.

She is not overweight and being fat in Canada is not well accepted.not by me anyway.I am as disguted asw anyone when I see fat people standing in line at Mc Donalds when there is a fresh market right across the street.And I think more and more we are fighting to have healthy food more accessible (in school for example)
----
05.08.2010 - 01:33
Ernis
狼獾
Written by flickaa on 04.08.2010 at 10:08

NO OFFENSE to girls that have a few exta pounds... in fact you people are lucky!!!!

=)

Please give me your opinions.

Well... I know me myself have attracted plus sized girls (there's more of them than those who are attractive tho...)

Imagine... you go to a HIM gig... what will you see... lots of metal/goth/alternative girls... what's the saddening thing? Unfortunately many of them are obese or just freaky... the problem in general is that there are many young girls who listen to metal/goth/alternative music and end up thinking that certain clothes and style will make them attractive while it does not... (once again... fat goth chicks wearing striped tight pants and having piercings... aaaaaaaaaaa)
Or then again... girls (not certainly obese) but also... too much piercings, too freaky clothes etc... these often end up as looking like too masculine...

All in all... I think most men will agree that we'll be a lot more glad to have a beautiful, slim, hot and decent "ordinary-looking" girl than a hairy, pierced, pink-blue-red-white-haired, yellow-cat-eyed, leather-clad heavy-momma... who might either look masculine or obese... and sometimes... when the girl is beautiful... being "metal" starts suffocating it eventually...

Mayb it went bit offtopic...

Speaking of obesity... yes it's a health issue... Saying "I am obese, I'm myself, that's how I was born, I love it like that, I am beautiful..." is wrong (unfortunately it's one of those things that is being taught too often to people instead of making them do something...)
One should go and take care of one's body... you only have one body after all...
And as one might know... the appearance usually goes with the spirituality of the person...
05.08.2010 - 01:38
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I think the fact that the ratio in a local scene is probably as bad as this site (Guys: 12261 Girls: 2524 ... roughly 5:1) means dudes will be happy to get what they can.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
05.08.2010 - 03:13
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
A few of my metal friends have fat goth chicks for a girlfriend
05.08.2010 - 03:57
Kennoth
From what I've noticed, girl metalheads are mostly pretty slim. And like some people said it before, nothing bad with some rounder figure, it's when that figure turns into obesity we have a problem.

Written by BitterCOld on 05.08.2010 at 01:38

I think the fact that the ratio in a local scene is probably as bad as this site (Guys: 12261 Girls: 2524 ... roughly 5:1) means dudes will be happy to get what they can.

That's also a valid point, if you specifically search for a girl that shares your musical interest. While that's a huge plus on my side, I can accept girls with most kind of musical tastes.

Written by jupitreas on 05.08.2010 at 01:15

Well said. I have few extra pounds myself, and have been for the most of my pubescent years, though nothing as close as being called obese or to experience any health problems regarding that extra weight.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
05.08.2010 - 06:32
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
My gf is just under 5' 1" and about 105 pounds, so I guess I don't fall into this category. However, there have been a couple fat chicks when I was drunk, but that doesn't count >:[

I haven't noticed any stereotype. There's practically no chicks at shows (except the scene girls at deathcore shows who are hot), and the only real metal head friend of mine has a skinny gf as well (one of those annoying "Suicide Girls"). The only thing I've noticed is that most of the girls I've seen in person who are actual real fans of brutal metal are generally beastly or lesbian, so that might be the reason for the OP.
05.08.2010 - 07:10
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
On that subject...

----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
05.08.2010 - 08:26
flickaa
Thanks for the comments everybody... well I myself live in the united states and pretty much what ive seen is a large obesity problem, in which the u.s should be concern of and take some nitiative , anyways it would be nice to hear more from all of you, I really appreciated your comments but perhaps it is different in other countries where obesity does not play such a huge role in society. I don't mean to stay off topic people! but my advice is to not accept obesity as a normality.
05.08.2010 - 10:34
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by flickaa on 05.08.2010 at 08:26

but my advice is to not accept obesity as a normality.

you wanna put a anti-obese people crusade up? well, for sure obesity is a disease and people who got it should be helped and cured (it's not that easy tbh). I myself am sort of attracted by very fat people, in the sense that I feel kinda sad for them, as I can imagine the great quantity of problems their size causes them, but no, I'm not sexually attracted.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
05.08.2010 - 12:01
flickaa
Written by Elio on 05.08.2010 at 10:34

Written by flickaa on 05.08.2010 at 08:26

but my advice is to not accept obesity as a normality.

you wanna put a anti-obese people crusade up? well, for sure obesity is a disease and people who got it should be helped and cured (it's not that easy tbh). I myself am sort of attracted by very fat people, in the sense that I feel kinda sad for them, as I can imagine the great quantity of problems their size causes them, but no, I'm not sexually attracted.

I dont blame u, and yes i do agree that it is difficult to cure, yet there are solutions we can do it about it..... perhaps if we didint have so much fast food in america, maybe the problem wouldnt be as big.. who knows... it would be nice to help people.
05.08.2010 - 13:28
Tinsoldier
Metal attracts people who often cannot find their place in the world. They find consolation in metal. Girls will find that people in metal subculture are a lot less likely to judge them by their appearance. That of course often means that girls will let themselves go even more. Add completely tasteless female clothing to it and there's your stereotypical metal chick v.2.

v.1 would be the skinny hot type that most metal guys ogle at but never get to touch for the chick is constantly being pursued by horny fat metalmen.
v.2 is the fat chick who does not care about her appearance due to not receiving much flak for it.
...oh and v.3 are those perfectly healthy beautiful girls who don't dress metal, don't look metal-fat and listen to way more brutal and metal music than you.

Somehow, still, I read some of youse guys posts and I love it how you go on about health and "skinny is healthy". In truth, I just think you boys want some of that slim ass.

Edited for typos and personal information.
05.08.2010 - 13:31
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I don't see that happening in my country, Portugal. Here most metal girls or goths are slim or at least average. So it is quite the opposite, we have like really "average" couples.

Most ppl in our country aren't overweight anyway, so statistically its very unlikely. We have overweight ppl as well of course but very few when compared to other countries. Especially in the younger generations (who are listening to metal a lot more now) they are getting slimmer and slimmer.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
05.08.2010 - 13:32
Tinsoldier
Really? I still stand by my theory. In fact it's been a while since I saw an actual skinny girl in my country's metal scene besides me and our national metal attention whore. I do see a lot of unfit, chubby and outright fat girls.
05.08.2010 - 13:38
Angelic Storm
Melodious
@Tinsoldier: Most of your post is far too stereotypical and doesnt make any sense.

There are also "metal chicks" who's "love" of metal is completely superficial, and for whom the music itself is of far lesser importance than elements of the scene she's trying to fit into.

Also, I have seen countless instances where metalhead guys are quite vicious when putting down a girl's looks. Even those who arent obese/fat. I dont think metalheads are any less likely to put down somebody's physical appearance than other people. Dress sense? Perhaps. But as far as physical looks go, metalhead guys can be just as superficial, and nasty when it comes to judging a woman's appearance.
05.08.2010 - 13:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 05.08.2010 at 13:31

I don't see that happening in my country, Portugal. Here most metal girls or goths are slim or at least average. So it is quite the opposite, we have like really "average" couples.

Most ppl in our country aren't overweight anyway, so statistically its very unlikely. We have overweight ppl as well of course but very few when compared to other countries. Especially in the younger generations (who are listening to metal a lot more now) they are getting slimmer and slimmer.

Its because of food junk food, mcdonalds is not popular, foo is healty so typical mediterainian, I better eat olives and some good meal made whit trads how burger anyway,

One of you say gys be happy what thay can get, disagree, even slim metalhead girl can eb real bitch whit atitude and character, so best way is be single , less problem stress etc
----

apos;'
[image]
05.08.2010 - 15:47
Ragana
Rawrcat
I don't consider Portugal to be in the Mediterranean...

Anyway, in conclusion we get that extremely skinny and obese girls have problems with health.
I dunno how it attracts guys, my guess - it's the personality thing. I doubt guys like really fat girls... just those who aren't that skinny that there was nothing to grab.

And no, I haven't noticed that thing anyway. Metalheads here usually pick normal-sized girls who dress ordinary and it's okay that they might not be listening to metal at all. Sure, those who listen to some more underground, most likely black metal music will find some slim goth chick to share their blackness with.
05.08.2010 - 16:26
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ragana on 05.08.2010 at 15:47

Sure, those who listen to some more underground, most likely black metal music will find some slim goth chick to share their blackness with.

Heheh, add red hair to that mix and you'd definitely be talking =3
05.08.2010 - 16:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 05.08.2010 at 15:47

I don't consider Portugal to be in the Mediterranean...

Anyway, in conclusion we get that extremely skinny and obese girls have problems with health.
I dunno how it attracts guys, my guess - it's the personality thing. I doubt guys like really fat girls... just those who aren't that skinny that there was nothing to grab.

And no, I haven't noticed that thing anyway. Metalheads here usually pick normal-sized girls who dress ordinary and it's okay that they might not be listening to metal at all. Sure, those who listen to some more underground, most likely black metal music will find some slim goth chick to share their blackness with.

It belongs there and simmilar food, wine, healty natural food etc and skinny well I hate skinny to its anoying if girl eat one apple per day and you cans ee her bones so ....and normal size well Meat Love is normal size to, since he was born like he is
----

apos;'
[image]
05.08.2010 - 22:31
flickaa
Written by Tinsoldier on 05.08.2010 at 13:28

Metal attracts people who often cannot find their place in the world. They find consolation in metal. Girls will find that people in metal subculture are a lot less likely to judge them by their appearance. That of course often means that girls will let themselves go even more. Add completely tasteless female clothing to it and there's your stereotypical metal chick v.2.

v.1 would be the skinny hot type that most metal guys ogle at but never get to touch for the chick is constantly being pursued by horny fat metalmen.
v.2 is the fat chick who does not care about her appearance due to not receiving much flak for it.
...oh and v.3 are those perfectly healthy beautiful girls who don't dress metal, don't look metal-fat and listen to way more brutal and metal music than you.

Somehow, still, I read some of youse guys posts and I love it how you go on about health and "skinny is healthy". In truth, I just think you boys want some of that slim ass.

Edited for typos and personal information.

LOL