‹‹ Back to the Art forum Pages: 1 [2]
Users visited: 105  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Soliloquy on 21.08.2006 at 19:40
so, have you guys done some major projects while writing? what i mean is, that anyone can simply write soemthing and make it sound good. but have you done soemthing different with your writing to make it unique? or even original?

for example, when i first started writing some 10 years ago, i just wrote regular stuff in a lil book. then some 5 years ago, i started making the book look pretty visually by having good covers, or adding my lil art work every now and then. then i started using feathers as book marks. then my second last book, i stitched a book mark, and made it look like it came in contact with some blood, and the main characters in the book(that i wrote) have some significance to that book mark.

and now my final progect, not only is it the biggest thing i have ever writen, and not only has it taken me more than 10 months(and i'm still writing) but to make this project truly unlike all my other work is that i am adding a sound track to it. the sound track would be full of ballads, with the exception of 'bad horsie' by Steve Vai. but i would also be adding my own songs that i record just for the purpose of that play.

so have you guys done soemthing like that? i'm not saying doing a sound track, or using feathers, or art...but soemthing unique just to make it different from others

Page 2 of 2

whatsacow

16.08.2011 at 19:10
Written by rekkuza- on 16.08.2011 at 17:43

Written by whatsacow on 16.08.2011 at 09:06

Written by rekkuza- on 15.08.2011 at 01:15

I write Fanfiction as a vocation to prove to the world that not everyone who writes this stuff are hormone-driven, illiterate fangirls.

What sort of fan fiction?

Well, just stuff on my favourite TV shows and books. I am writing this one on the Big Bang Theory, and I also wrote this one on the Picture of Dorian Gray, by my favourite author, Oscar Wilde. ^^

Well I think basing fan fiction on the big bang theory definitely disproves hormone driven point And I would be quite interested in reading the one based on Dorian Grey.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Glaucus

12.09.2011 at 18:40
Since we're talking about writing I am wondering if anyone has checked this out?

http://www.nanowrimo.com

They have a bit of a writing contest in November where they encourage members to write... Anything. It just has to be over 50,000 words.

I did the contest last year and I based my concept around an idea for a short story that I have been entertaining for years. The story is based loosely on the universe that the original Final Fantasy Tactics took place in. Where as, the geography is totally different, and I didn't use any of the characters from the game, instead I just took aspects of the game for my story...

For instance, how magic works, different job classes, etc.

Unfortunately, I haven't touched that story 'since' I finished it last year, haha. I really do want to get back to it before November comes again though so I can write about something else for the upcoming contest... Though, I may just take the same concept I used before and write about a different event, or something.

If anything, I love swords, magic, royalty, soldiers and other fantasy elements of that sort. And that's what I enjoy writing about, be it writing in general, or musically.
----
"Pretty easy work, for a God." - Freya ~ Valkyrie Profile
Yavanna

12.09.2011 at 20:40
I started writing some high-fantasy themed story once, it was some years ago... I wrote the begining, draw a map, and all of that, created the main characters... But then I got a job, and after that there was the university, another job, and well, never more wrote a word...
Maybe I finish it someday, possibly when I get retired
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
BloodTears
Stella Artois

19.11.2011 at 18:49
I basically have no time at all to write right now or motivation. I started writing a new poetry book and I stopped months ago. Things started happening and I started having less time. I also read less now, which contributes to the lack of motivation. I always tend to write more when I read more. I do intend to try to change this pattern soon and continue to write the new book.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.
Oaken
Hipster

27.07.2012 at 18:46
http://talesofthemorbid.blogspot.com/
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
*NorthernLights*

21.06.2013 at 03:31
Written by Yavanna on 12.09.2011 at 20:40

I started writing some high-fantasy themed story once, it was some years ago... I wrote the begining, draw a map, and all of that, created the main characters... But then I got a job, and after that there was the university, another job, and well, never more wrote a word...

Hey, keep your notes. You never know when you'll find the time. I'm working on a fantasty story that i started when I was 16 but then didn't have time to finish. I can't say it's exactly the best story ever, but I enjoy writing it

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3127270/1/The-Rising-Revived
----
And I shall not be dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair
Yavanna

22.07.2013 at 18:08
Written by *NorthernLights* on 21.06.2013 at 03:31

Written by Yavanna on 12.09.2011 at 20:40

Hey, keep your notes. You never know when you'll find the time. I'm working on a fantasty story that i started when I was 16 but then didn't have time to finish. I can't say it's exactly the best story ever, but I enjoy writing it

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3127270/1/The-Rising-Revived

Truly, I don´t even know where my notes might be...
But then I will possibly move out soon, maybe I will find it then
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
Lethrokai

30.08.2013 at 15:28
I do concrete poetry, which basically shapes the poetry into different forms to reflect upon themes.
It's really tough, but I just enjoy doing it.

I also like infusing unique styles into these shapes, such as palindrome (it's the same read backwards as it is read forwards) and rhyme schemes.

Here's one of my personal favourites:
http://shuriken95.deviantart.com/art/Three-way-road-of-desperate-struggles-300517446

Three parter: First is regular
Second is just concrete.
Third is concrete with palindrome.

(Note: The shapes might be off if you're not in Chrome. It's happened before...)
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.