Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - Nergal Diagnosed With A Serious Illness

Original news, published on 08.08.2010

Earlier today Behemoth frontman Adam Darski, aka Nergal, was brought to the hospital in Gdansk, Poland. He was diagnosed with a serious illness, the nature of which hasn't yet been revealed. He was admitted to the hematology ward, which indicates a blood disorder of some sort. Understandably, Behemoth had to cancel all the upcoming shows this year.

In a statement on the band's website, Nergal wrote the following (translated by Google): "I do not want to bore you with details, but I can no longer hide the fact that I am seriously ill and waiting for my multi-stage treatment, which can take up to several months. Thus, we cancel the coming summer festivals, the tour of Russia and the Baltic States planned for September and October, and the November tour of the USA.

I know that this is not the best news for you, but health is important. I've got a rather difficult period, and a lot of work, but steel becomes hardened in the fire, isn't it? You know me, so that you know that I'll get out of this stronger than ever. Then all the concerts also will go ahead as plan. At this time, I feel good, my head is focused to fight the disease, everything is under control by professionals. I have with me the most wonderful and loving woman, family, team, managers and people from publishing companies who are doing everything to support me. I do not ask you for more than just a little bit of patience. I would add that the fact that in the near future we will not be touring does not mean that Behemoth gets into hibernation. We have a lot to offer you in the coming months, Behemoth will work on many other fronts."

More news as we get it.

UPDATE

Metal Underground is reporting that the Behemoth mastermind has been diagnosed with leukemia. Further, it's also being reported by the Polish celeb website TVP that it has advanced past the point where chemotherapy would be an effective form of treatment and Darski will need a bone marrow transplant. His awesome fiance Doda has donated marrow to see if she is a match.

Source: gazeta.pl
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 25.08.2010 by Daniell

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 114   [ 4 ignored ]   Visited by: 810 users
09.08.2010 - 00:46
Elodie Artour
Slania
That indeed sounds like leukemia. I keep my fingers crossed it isn't, though. We surely don't need another rock or metal artist gone within half a year or something...
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
09.08.2010 - 00:55
Feng
Shit. I was really really looking forwards to them at Bloodstock... lets hope its not something deadly serious

Edit: Well, just read the update to this. Sounds like something very bad... lets wish him the best recovery possible.
09.08.2010 - 00:58
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Oh man, this is bad... 2010 is indeed the worst year for the health of our metal guys.

I wish him the best.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.08.2010 - 00:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
He can sold soul to devil and ask for eternal health
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.08.2010 - 01:05
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Well, awful news indeed, but I gotta admit I'm very curious what illness is taking over him. It's not leukemia, if it would be, he would be admitted to oncology and not hematology, and besides, leukemia is a cancer of hematopoetic system and not blood system itself. Anyway wishing him the best and to beat this ilness asap.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
09.08.2010 - 01:19
Ragana
Rawrcat
Anemia, maybe?

Quote:
and the Baltic States planned for September and October

Hadn't heard Behemoth's coming... Strange.

Hopefully he'll get better. Diseases aren't fun at all.
09.08.2010 - 01:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 09.08.2010 at 01:19

Quote:

Same care and I dont care, thay have been here many times same like CC, I dont like band so dont care if thay come or not
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.08.2010 - 01:27
Rather upsetting news, but god be damned. heres to a speedy recovery for my favorite evil figure
09.08.2010 - 01:35
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by AnGina-- on 09.08.2010 at 01:05

Well, awful news indeed, but I gotta admit I'm very curious what illness is taking over him. It's not leukemia, if it would be, he would be admitted to oncology and not hematology, and besides, leukemia is a cancer of hematopoetic system and not blood system itself. Anyway wishing him the best and to beat this ilness asap.

As a matter of fact in many hospitals hematology and oncology share a department as it's mostly hematologists who deal with leukemia.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
09.08.2010 - 01:42
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 09.08.2010 at 01:24

Written by Ragana on 09.08.2010 at 01:19

Quote:

Same care and I dont care, thay have been here many times same like CC, I dont like band so dont care if thay come or not

I've been into metal for 5 years but have NEVER seen them coming. Cannibal Corpse, yeah, I don't care about 'em too... but I'd like to see Behemoth.
09.08.2010 - 01:43
warrior_of_ice
On a lighter note, Nergal was balding already- so if he must receive chemotherapy treatment, it really wont be such a big deal. i wish him well.
09.08.2010 - 01:47
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Promonex on 09.08.2010 at 01:35

Written by AnGina-- on 09.08.2010 at 01:05

As a matter of fact in many hospitals hematology and oncology share a department as it's mostly hematologists who deal with leukemia.

Yea you're right, my bad then, I should have though about the differences in hospitals in different countries. Then again, there are many blood disorders or illnesses that effect the blood tissue that are severe enough to be treated for months and with aggressive medication.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
09.08.2010 - 02:06
Black_Sheep
Very sad news... ...I hope he gets well soon.
----
"Reality is almost always wrong."
09.08.2010 - 02:19
FRIENDSHIP
It's so sad; the most common reaction I have visiting MetalStorm these days is "Oh no!" I echo the hope that he doesn't have leukemia.
----
Keeping up the killing,

Dylan
09.08.2010 - 02:21
Opethian
Keep on Nrgal !
09.08.2010 - 02:39
Symmachus
I'm not a fan of this band, but this is unfortunate about the blood disorder. I hope Nergal gets better.
09.08.2010 - 03:02
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Pretty sure it's Leukaemia as well. I've shadowed doctors and lab technicians in a hospital haematology department for two months =/
----
loves 小巫
09.08.2010 - 03:08
RafaRata
I feel depressed only by reading the title...
Nergal, get better!!!
09.08.2010 - 03:25
KatEternal
I seriously don't give a flying f*** how the disease is called, or I care about your rumors...Who cares if it's leukemia or a broken toe? I just hope Nergal will get well soon, so he can continue unleashing the chaos for another 100 years to come!
GET WELL NERGAL!
----

Arise, Awake Or Forever Be Fallen.
09.08.2010 - 03:26
RavenKing
We have two threads about this news. They should be merged.

EDIT: Forget about it. The other thread is locked or whatever.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
09.08.2010 - 03:39
selken
Irreligious
Man, two bad news a month this is insufferable :S... whatever illness it be I hope Nergal gets better...
----
09.08.2010 - 04:01
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Oh shit, that's bad. Of course, Nergal is a fighter, so I know he'll pull through.
09.08.2010 - 04:32
Dani5050
One of my favorite bands, I hope he gets better soon
09.08.2010 - 04:41
Ander
Come on, I hope it's nothing too serious. Seriously.
09.08.2010 - 04:59
@gent_-_orange
Hope he gets better soon.
09.08.2010 - 06:13
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Damn this is a bad metal year indeed.
09.08.2010 - 06:41
DaftDormouse
Written by ScanDoppelganger on 09.08.2010 at 01:27

Rather upsetting news, but god be damned. heres to a speedy recovery for my favorite evil figure

I absolutely agree sir, this is really upsetting news! Nergal needs to get the fuck better, I don't even care that the concerts are canceled all I want is for him to get better. I'll see them next time they come around. Sending positive thoughts to him and his family.
09.08.2010 - 06:53
Kratos
Looks like Nergal is really ready to fight this disease, hope all ends well!
09.08.2010 - 07:23
kaylamacgavin
FFFUUU-
09.08.2010 - 07:56
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I don't know what to say about this news, I just hope he will get better, and I know he will
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"

Hits total: 26564 | This month: 7