Metal Storm logo
Making 3D Animation

16.08.2010 - 16:36
RockeRoy
Just got myself a 3D Animation program called Lightwave 9. I want to learn how to make animated 3D Videos and pictures. i got some tutorials, but i open this topic here, to discuss 3D animation related stuff, and if anyone got some good advice for a beginner, i would be very happy:)
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
27.08.2010 - 04:31
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
I can only do 3d animations using 3Ds Max (and architectural walk-through camera-animations using ArchiCAD). tell me if you need help
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
27.08.2010 - 13:40
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I had to use 3Ds Max for both modeling and animation units on my last course. I ended up dropping animation as it got on my nerves. Modeling was ok, enjoyable when it went right but still hugely complicated.
27.08.2010 - 14:37
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
The biggest problem is to get your objects moving smoothly, and there are lots of 'reactors' to do the job ... other than that it's fairly simple, modeling is a piece of cake.
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
05.10.2010 - 15:47
joaquin
Dam i had maya program but i dont remeber the exact name but it was maya dont remeber the others stuff that said, i couldnt do anything at all just like to make a meteor crash with a planet... i did it jus making some circles and some efects.. but i didnt made anything better... it was an epic fail for me so i drop it..
----
courage to chage the things and wisdom to know the difference

real gamers never die, they just respawn