Metal Storm logo
Dave mustaine singing solos to megadeth's lead guitarists

11.10.2010 - 00:42
deathmemorial

I just heared dave's interview at www.guitarworld.com about his former band mates...i'm sharing what i disliked about It.

the 1st thing he said ,he hires them , and pay them? really? .. it's "Megadeth" and not "dave mustaine", it's a team work . dave sure comes up with riffs but can he do drums , bass , leads (i'm not the greatest fan if his repetetive pentatonic scale but he's a fine lead guitar player). dave mustaine is not the only attraction in Megadeth so i think he should give his bandmates more credit/respect.

My second point is .... he actually claimed that he sung Most of the solos to all his lead guitarists... lol? did he ever hear about those exotic scales before marty friedman steps in? he sung solos to chris poland on peace sells? really?..

finally ... he takes all the credits for megadeth's success in friedman's era , and that he could of done it without him....nah , i'm sure those crazy solos from lucretia , tornado , hangar 18 , the killing road, symphony , family tree ....(the list is huge) are what got most of 90's fans into megadeth (including me)....he also claimed teaching marty to play rythm (i guess he still havn't heared maty's work in cacaphony or dragon's kiss before joining megadeth, alot of complicated rythms in there..)

I respect dave and i think he's the best rythm player out there , but his "attitude" sucks. One thing is sure , MEGADETH rocks , and i'll always be a diehard fan.

what do u guys think...?
11.10.2010 - 01:00
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Dave's a dick, he's always been so ... but that doesnt mean he's a brilliant musician.
so, as long as Megadeth keeps doing great music i dont care about any of its member's attitudes.. if you're upset about the way he talks.. just don't take him as your role model.. and find yourself a musician who's got the decency and the talent (like Chuck Schuldiner).

I'm only interested in Megadeth's music, not their personal life.
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
11.10.2010 - 09:35
Daniell
_爱情_
Teamwork? What world do you live in?
Megadeth is Dave Mustaine plus whoever he employs. He decides about everything and pays other musicians. It's the same with lots and lots of bands. One person (or 2 or 3) is in charge and the rest are just hired muscle. They do not receive percentage value of income, only fixed amount.
Look at the following bands:
Dimmu Borgir - it's Shagrath Silenoz and Galder. Bass, drums and keyboards are handled by "live/session members" i.e. hired people who don't really share profits
Annihilator - Jeff Waters. Everyone else is just hired.
Satyricon - It's Satyr and Frost, the rest is just like in the bands above.
There are many many more bands like this. Don't cherish illusions. It's not teamwork, it's money, like in every other aspect of life.
11.10.2010 - 10:51
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
And exactly there is the real border between "commercial" and "pure" music...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

11.10.2010 - 11:48
Daniell
_爱情_
A medal for you if you can tell which bands are on which side of the "border."

An example to show you it's not easy:
Dream Theater is commercially successfull, yet I don't think they have the "core" + the "hired". They seem to be a whole, where every member is equally important.
11.10.2010 - 12:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 11.10.2010 at 10:51

And exactly there is the real border between "commercial" and "pure" music...

Newby, besides we can discuss it in megadeth tread
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.10.2010 - 04:48
deathmemorial

Written by Daniell on 11.10.2010 at 09:35

Megadeth is Dave Mustaine plus whoever he employs. He decides about everything and pays other musicians. It's the same with lots and lots of bands. One person (or 2 or 3) is in charge and the rest are just hired muscle. They do not receive percentage value of income, only fixed amount.
Dimmu Borgir - it's Shagrath Silenoz and Galder. Bass, drums and keyboards are handled by "live/session members" i.e. hired people who don't really share profits
There are many many more bands like this. Don't cherish illusions. It's not teamwork, it's money, like in every other aspect of life.

hired musicians? sure some of them.... but u can't say that about david ellefson who was in the band since day 1 , and marty friedman who was around for nearly ten years...these guys recieved value percentage of income cuz they were around long enough. if someone is offficially in the band , they sign a contract ,lawyers and everytthing involved... (just watch metallica's documentary and c what they did with rob when he joined) ....
29.10.2010 - 18:25
Vigoorian

Written by Daniell on 11.10.2010 at 09:35

It is not malsmteen and eternal chain of people that go on each disk. While Dave Mustaine founded the band and keeping it only depends on all the other musicians I work with made the band megadeth is today. Ellefson contributing to many of the themes of Megadeth, not only in composition but a characteristic sound that gives to the band, not to mention all the single compounds by Poland and Friedman ... As demonstrated an unmatched level you never mustaine achieve alone.

But anyway, mustaine has accustomed us to his character. That certainly is from metallica
09.11.2010 - 16:11
Raven Of Death

Dave is an Artist of all !!!!!
18.02.2012 - 01:59
BuriedInOblivion

I could see him of coming up with many one or two licks in the solo but not the entire thing, and I agree with giving the former members more respect as well.
18.02.2012 - 02:12
@gent_-_orange

I think Dave is a dick, But couldn't this just go in the Megadeth thread?