Metal Storm logo
Devildriver - New Album Details

Original news, published on 25.10.2010

Roadrunner Records press release

DevilDriver announced today the release of their forthcoming fifth album, Beast. Beast was produced by Mark Lewis (All That Remains, Trivium, The Black Dahlia Murder) and will hit retail via longtime label Roadrunner Records on February 22, 2011.

While many bands in the modern era are already withering away by their second album and have shriveled up and died by their third, DevilDriver have proven to mutate, growing stronger, deadlier and more immortal with each successive release. Beast, which follows 2009's Pray For Villains, finds the band refusing to compromise in their mission to deliver music that will make you feel as though you were slapped upside the head with a baseball bat. The band recorded 14 songs during the Beast sessions, with 11 or 12 tracks expected to make the final cut. Some song titles are as follows: "Dead to Rights," "Hardened," "Bring The Fight (To the Floor)," "Shitlist," "Talons Out (Teeth Sharpened)," "Blur," "You Make Me Sick (Sacred Secrets)," "The Blame Game," "Coldblooded, "Crowns Of Creation" and "Lend Myself to the Night."

Frontman Dez Fafara himself dubbed the record their most "extreme" to date and even compared Beast to "driving a Buick Skylark 200 miles an hour straight to Vegas" in an exclusive studio report in this month's Revolver.

UPDATE

US metallers DevilDriver have revealed the cover artwork of their forthcoming album, entitled Beast.

Due on February 22, 2011 via Roadrunner Records, Beast was recorded at Sonic Ranch studios in Tornillo, Texas with producer Mark Lewis (Trivium, Chimaira, All That Remains) and is currently being mixed by British producer Andy Sneap (Megadeth, Exodus, Machine Head, Nevermore, Arch Enemy) at his Backstage studio in Derbyshire, England.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: DevilDriver
Posted: 08.12.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 152 users
25.10.2010 - 20:11
bluegreengod
Account deleted
I wonder if 'shitlist' is a cover of the old L7 song. I'm not a huge fan of these guys, but they did throw some pretty sick shit together on the 'last kind words album'.
25.10.2010 - 22:36
sorrow_avalon

The "last kind words" is a great album.. i hope the new one is as good as that... or at least better than their last album... "pray for villains" was kinda of a disapointment
08.12.2010 - 22:13
The Voyager
The Table
Please manufacture more music such as The Last Kind Words. Please
09.12.2010 - 01:45
RafaRata

Andy Sneap Rules!
20.12.2010 - 16:35
bandido

This band blows my mind! Can't wait to listen to their new record!
----
"Rockin' every single piece of metal..."
09.01.2011 - 18:10
Stay (sic)

Suppose to be Their most Brutal album yet! (:
----
Zachy (;

Hits total: 4965 | This month: 4