Metal Storm logo
King Crimson

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 20:14
King Crimson is one of the innovators of progressive rock even though Robert Fripp doesn't like King Crimson to be called progressive rock because he feels that the term is very limiting to his music...through their lengthy existance, they have put out a slew of diverse albums of music and have undergone many evolutionary changes in their style...a lot of King Crimson fans like to say that the early 80s, with Discipline and Beat, was their best period...I would have to agree even though no King Crimson album is a bad album with the exception being of course The ConstruKction of Light which was simply just a rehash of older material...
20.01.2009 - 21:20
metalhead3
King crimson is great,great progresive rock band
20.03.2009 - 20:02
Elio
Red Nightmare
I recently listened their discography. Red is a fucking beast, one of the best alum ever and my fav in prog rock. The Court is spoiled by Moonchild useless wankfest. Islands is good too. For some reasons I found Larks bad and Starless so and so, even if I was said they were among the best. Discipline is great, and I wish Beat and its follower would have never been released. Their recent material is great again.

Wow, I described a discography in few lines. xD
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
01.04.2009 - 06:13
Metal_Militia
If any of you get this chance, turn out all the lights except your computer screen, put the Milkdrop 2 visualizer on that comes with winamp, and put the song "Epitaph" on. Talk about an expirience.....
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

04.04.2009 - 00:18
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
Their first 2 albums are fucking awesome, first one - raw, second one - progressive, newer ones - inferior. This reminds me of metal.
28.07.2011 - 12:54
TheBigRossowski
Written by Elio on 20.03.2009 at 20:02

I recently listened their discography. Red is a fucking beast, one of the best alum ever and my fav in prog rock. The Court is spoiled by Moonchild useless wankfest. Islands is good too. For some reasons I found Larks bad and Starless so and so, even if I was said they were among the best. Discipline is great, and I wish Beat and its follower would have never been released. Their recent material is great again.

Wow, I described a discography in few lines. xD

*Revived!* I can't stand Lizards for some reason. Thats one of the early albums that I don't like too much from them. It only has two or three good tracks, but hey, that's just like... ugh, my opinion, man.

And I've never listened to anything beyond Red... never have....(probably) never will.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
28.07.2011 - 21:01
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Spotify needs to add them pronto.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
12.08.2011 - 05:12
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Has anyone listened the new King Crimson project album called Scarcity Of Miracles? Its a well done album...just a little slow and a tad too experimental..not a lot of hooks...a lot of it just tends to get to nowhere fast...but its very dreamy and atmopsheric...
13.08.2011 - 02:04
fabregassed
Account deleted
Love King Crimson, of the albums I own by them, In Wake of Poseidon is a bit disappointing. Basically a carbon copy of the debut. I mean the title track has the same depressing drumming as Epitaph.
15.08.2011 - 04:43
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
The only song I heard by them is 21st Century Schizoid Man. Decent.
16.08.2011 - 18:42
baldur
They have much more to offer than that song or album, go and get the other albums
11.12.2011 - 01:02
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Listening to "Providence" from Red, and it seems like an inspiration for a few songs on Opeth's Heritage. Weird song and creepy atmosphere.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
13.06.2012 - 01:47
Project Endgame
Account deleted
...a revival of epic proportions? No? Okay, I'll just go sit over there.

I recently just started collecting King Crimson albums, really do like Red and Discipline. I'm hoping to find money soon to purchase Three of a Perfect Pair, Starless and Bible Black, and I think it was either The ConstruKction or THRAK I was recommended. Anyway, do plan on stocking up.
13.06.2012 - 02:29
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Guest on 13.06.2012 at 01:47

...a revival of epic proportions? No? Okay, I'll just go sit over there.

I recently just started collecting King Crimson albums, really do like Red and Discipline. I'm hoping to find money soon to purchase Three of a Perfect Pair, Starless and Bible Black, and I think it was either The ConstruKction or THRAK I was recommended. Anyway, do plan on stocking up.

I highly recommend picking up The Power To Believe if you haven't already.

27.05.2014 - 21:20
Dr.Overkill26
Written by BitterCOld on 28.07.2011 at 21:01

Spotify needs to add them pronto.

Dude they're not on itunes, they will NEVER be on spotify. like Tool.
Anyway KC is a fantastic and influential band, of course. Red is also my favorite, Probably like every other KC fan on the planet. I hear the influence of that album everywhere.
----
Do you need what I need? Boundaries overthrown Look inside to each his own
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie
12.11.2014 - 00:26
_deepblack
These guys are fathers of progressive metal really fucking great music
23.02.2015 - 20:20
raveneffect
One of the most eclectic, innovative and influential bands of all time. Pretty much
11.07.2016 - 19:44
Netzach
Planewalker
Staff
I discovered King Crimson not more than a year ago and have been obsessed with them ever since... Some albums are completely different from each other (due to lineup changes mostly) but I always find something exceptional when listening to them... Can't wait to see them in Stockholm this fall (30 september)!

My favorite albums are probably "Larks' Tongues In Aspic", "Red" and "Three Of A Perfect Pair"... Closely followed by the debut, "Lizard" and "THRAK". "Islands" is underrated I think, but the vocals and production are so-so on that album. Need to get Steven Wilson's 40th Anniversary remasters, they've received great reviews.
26.07.2016 - 23:32
Enteroctopus
Am giving Providence a listen right now. Starts out very much like a Mahavishnu Orchestra piece, but I'm wondering when it's going to pick up a theme. Oh, there we go. Only 5:15 of noodling to establish a groove!

I've tried to get into KC a few times before but it never stuck. Maybe if I'm in the mood for something fusiony. I think if I were drinking this would be nice to listen to. Right now at work it's a no.

Reminds me of Miles Davis' work with McLaughlin. I was really into that stuff about 10-15 years ago. This sounds like it could be a bonus track for Bitches Brew, lol.
11.02.2017 - 06:26
Netzach
Planewalker
Staff
I went to the King Crimson concert in Stockholm last autumn and I can honestly say, without exaggerating, that it was the best fucking concert I have ever seen.

Oh, and now they are starting a tour with four drummers...

Also, what would you say if I stated that King Crimson kind of invented metal before Black Sabbath ever did?
11.02.2017 - 06:29
Netzach
Planewalker
Staff
Written by Enteroctopus on 26.07.2016 at 23:32

Am giving Providence a listen right now. Starts out very much like a Mahavishnu Orchestra piece, but I'm wondering when it's going to pick up a theme. Oh, there we go. Only 5:15 of noodling to establish a groove!

I've tried to get into KC a few times before but it never stuck. Maybe if I'm in the mood for something fusiony. I think if I were drinking this would be nice to listen to. Right now at work it's a no.

Reminds me of Miles Davis' work with McLaughlin. I was really into that stuff about 10-15 years ago. This sounds like it could be a bonus track for Bitches Brew, lol.

Providence is an improvised piece which doesn't really go anywhere. Try any other track from the album "Red"
25.03.2020 - 13:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Bill Rieflin, the drummer whose credits included work with R.E.M., Ministry, Nine Inch Nails and King Crimson, has died at the age of 59.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/king-crimson-r-e-m-drummer-bill-reiflin-dead/
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.10.2020 - 21:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Gordon Haskell, who played bass and sang for KING CRIMSON nearly five decades ago, has died. He was 74 years old.

From facebook
Gordon Haskell's Facebook page is reporting that Gordon has died. His time in KC wasn't a particularly happy part of his long career but his work on In The Wake Of Poseidon and in particular, Lizard is much admired in the Crimson community.
There's more about Gordon's life & Crimson connections here..

https://www.dgmlive.com/news/Gordon%20Haskell%20RIP?fbclid=IwAR08CDQ70AQKh6O-U4_IuHBOpsOoqbkxjT2BdH13t-R7ndG5unUFHyYofPc
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing