05. Victorious Cupid
06. Fight Fire
07. Valour
08. AVO

Staff review by
Ivor
Rating:
N/A
This is probably one of the hardest reviews I've written for reasons that will become evident later. For starters let's just clear a couple of things up. First, I haven't been able to make up my mind completely about this release in well over half a year. Secondly, Pure Reason Revolution are without a doubt a brilliant band. Thirdly, and more importantly, in my opinion they are responsible for releasing the single most awesome record in the last decade - their début album The Dark Third. So, there you go, now you know where I stand with this band and we can talk freely about their third album Hammer And Anvil, and why it's been so hard for me to come to a proper opinion.

Read more ››
published 12.04.2011 | Comments (8)

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 85 users
08.11.2010 - 13:48
Rating: 8
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Wow... rating is surprisingly low by MS standards. I haven't heard it yet, but I'm a pretty big fan of the previous 2 albums. What went wrong here?
----
loves 小巫
08.11.2010 - 20:49
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Ag Fox on 08.11.2010 at 13:48

Wow... rating is surprisingly low by MS standards. I haven't heard it yet, but I'm a pretty big fan of the previous 2 albums. What went wrong here?

nothing went wrong, I listened to the album and is quite good, better in my opinion than the previous one Amor Vincit Omnia
10.11.2010 - 04:46
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by Guest on 08.11.2010 at 20:49

Written by Ag Fox on 08.11.2010 at 13:48

nothing went wrong, I listened to the album and is quite good, better in my opinion than the previous one Amor Vincit Omnia
thanks for letting me know. Just gave it my first spin and I'm enjoying it
----
loves 小巫
24.03.2011 - 19:20
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I haven't listened to it in a while, but I'll wait for the original CD to do that. But the few listens were kinda weak to me. I preferred the other albums way much.

We'll see how that changes.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
10.04.2018 - 20:44
Rating: 6
Joppe
Steelemeister
Not so good I find this; many songs, not really any memorable ones such as they had on the debut, at least. Maybe this a bit different musical style is ruining it for me it just doesn't do it like they used to.
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 5176 | This month: 10