08. God Of Forbidden Light
09. Reinkaos
10. Internal Fire
11. Maha Kali
+ Starless Aeon [video] [bonus]

Staff review by
jupitreas
Rating:
How do you make a comeback after nearly a decade of absence from the scene? And how do you do it if you're one of the 'savant' Scandinavian bands and one of your members has been spending this time in jail? Well, let me tell you, the way Dissection does it on Reinkaos is not the way to do it. The old fans will eat them alive. With this said, the new Dissection release is actually a pretty decent melodeath album when evaluated on its own terms.

Read more ››
published 19.04.2006 | Comments (32)

Found in 15 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 36   Visited by: 929 users
12.12.2010 - 19:21
Rating: 1
Destructhor
Satanic music. I hate it!
12.12.2010 - 19:43
RavenKing
Sorry to disagree with your fanboy-ish spam, Destructhor, but I think this album fucking sucks.
I like the old Dissection albums very much but "Reinkaos" barely has anything in common with them. This album is a pointless record, a tool to promote Nodveidt's fucked up ideas. Ideas for which he committed suicide.

One of the biggest disappointment for lots of metal fans and a totally failed attempt at a comeback.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
12.12.2010 - 20:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by RavenKing on 12.12.2010 at 19:43

Sorry to disagree with your fanboy-ish spam, Destructhor, but I think this album fucking sucks.
I like the old Dissection albums very much but "Reinkaos" barely has anything in common with them. This album is a pointless record, a tool to promote Nodveidt's fucked up ideas. Ideas for which he committed suicide.

One of the biggest disappointment for lots of metal fans and a totally failed attempt at a comeback.

If I remember correctly back when this album was released we somehow nominated it in melodic death metal category for the awards and we got an e-mail from Dissection's management stating that we had to remove it from there cause it wasn't melodic death metal but pure unadultered black
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.12.2010 - 20:15
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.12.2010 at 20:06

If I remember correctly back when this album was released we somehow nominated it in melodic death metal category for the awards and we got an e-mail from Dissection's management stating that we had to remove it from there cause it wasn't melodic death metal but pure unadultered black

Haha, is that true? That's so ridiculous it hurts.
12.12.2010 - 20:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 12.12.2010 at 20:15

Haha, is that true? That's so ridiculous it hurts.

Yep. Unfortunately it is. We removed it with a disclaimer as to what happened but of course did NOT nominate it in black
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.12.2010 - 20:17
RavenKing

First, Dissection has never been pure Black Metal. "The Somberlain" and SOTLB were a mix of melodic Black and melodic Death, with a touch of Iron Maiden in the mix.

Second, "Reinkaos" has nothing to do with BM. It's melodic Death.
----
12.12.2010 - 20:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by RavenKing on 12.12.2010 at 20:17

I agree, and about 95% of the world agrees, but according to them it was pure black because of the lyrical subject matter. Which is shallow as hell anyway and totally stupid, but that aside.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.12.2010 - 20:21
RavenKing
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.12.2010 at 20:19

Written by RavenKing on 12.12.2010 at 20:17

I agree, and about 95% of the world agrees, but according to them it was pure black because of the lyrical subject matter. Which is shallow as hell anyway and totally stupid, but that aside.

It's music that determines the genre an album belongs to, not lyrical content.
----
10.03.2011 - 23:56
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Yeowch, this sucks. Sounds like slower, even lamer version of In Flames' "Come Clarity". How can a band who made the divine album that inspired by MS title play such shit???
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
09.06.2011 - 14:05
Destructhor

YOU SUCK!!! This is not just the last album of Dissection, this is a symphony of KHAOS!!! AND HE SUICIDE IS HIS OWN WILL, you can't understand the idea of the TRUE SATANIST, Life is just an illusion which can be destroyed only by the TRUE WILL AND THE TRUE "I"... Read more about Jon Nodtveidt... I would suicide too, I DON'T WANT TO BE A FUCKING HUMAN KIND, GENERATING SHITS, AND LIVING IN DEPENDENCE OF THE demiurge (Jesus fucking christ)...
09.06.2011 - 17:48
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Destructhor on 09.06.2011 at 14:05

YOU SUCK!!! This is not just the last album of Dissection, this is a symphony of KHAOS!!! AND HE SUICIDE IS HIS OWN WILL, you can't understand the idea of the TRUE SATANIST, Life is just an illusion which can be destroyed only by the TRUE WILL AND THE TRUE "I"... Read more about Jon Nodtveidt... I would suicide too, I DON'T WANT TO BE A FUCKING HUMAN KIND, GENERATING SHITS, AND LIVING IN DEPENDENCE OF THE demiurge (Jesus fucking christ)...

I hope you wrote all that shit ironically... He didn't even wrote about his suicide, just about the album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.06.2011 - 22:19
Destructhor
He told in a interview about the ritual suicide and the persecution suicide.. The true Satanist must live his life healthy and it is a pure foolish to perform suicide because you are sad, or depressed.. The true Satanist decides to suicide when he feels on the edge of his power, when he feels the Black Flame in his heart..
18.12.2011 - 20:49
Rating: 10
terrorist
I don't know their previous work but this album stands for itself and it is fucking amazing.Bright point in todays Metal.For me it brought something new.I hope to see another bands beeing influenced by this album.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
18.12.2011 - 21:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
^Seriously... who gives a FLYING FUCK for the suicide. Doesn't make the music any better or black metal.
----
Rod, let me love you.
18.12.2011 - 22:03
vezzy
Stallmanite
He shot himself because he wanted to be an hero.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
18.12.2011 - 23:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.12.2011 at 21:22
Doesn't make the music any better or black metal.

Everyone who commits suicide is a son of northern darkness.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.12.2011 - 07:30
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.12.2011 at 23:49

Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.12.2011 at 21:22
Doesn't make the music any better or black metal.

Everyone who commits suicide is a son of northern darkness.

-___-
----
Rod, let me love you.
19.12.2011 - 07:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.12.2011 at 07:30
-___-

I figured you'd appreciate that.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
25.02.2012 - 00:17
Zap
Written by Destructhor on 09.06.2011 at 22:19

The true Satanist decides to suicide when he feels on the edge of his power, when he feels the Black Flame in his heart..

You're funny
11.03.2012 - 23:38
Rating: 8
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Solid Melodic Death Metal album with an interesting lyrical theme.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
28.02.2013 - 18:51
Rating: 9
Aristarchos
Best Dissection album. I never been a huge fan of their earlier material in comparison to have popular they are.
28.02.2013 - 19:16
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I do think this is better than a lot of people make it out, but when you compare it to the first two records it's massively outdated and lacking more or less everything that made them great. Just a decent and solid melodeath record.
15.09.2013 - 11:27
Rating: 10
RottingDeathHead
kingnothing_92@yahoo.com
An absolutely awesome album, but my favorite song has to be Maha Kali, it has inspired me to quite a bit of artwork.
06.03.2014 - 21:20
Rating: 7
moonflash
This album's obviously not even in the same stratosphere as Storm or even Somberlain but a pretty good gothenurg metal record nevertheless!
----
[http://atthematinee.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/voyagedans.jpg]
08.03.2014 - 18:36
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by moonflash on 06.03.2014 at 21:20

This album's obviously not even on the same stratosphere as Storm or even Somberlain but a pretty good record nevertheless!

Yeah. If this album was released by a different band it wouldn't have received anywhere near as much criticism (probably). It's nowhere near the level of the first two Dissection releases, but it's a pleasant-ish listen anyways.
08.03.2014 - 18:52
Rating: 6
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Alex F on 08.03.2014 at 18:36

Yeah. If this album was released by a different band it wouldn't have received anywhere near as much criticism (probably). It's nowhere near the level of the first two Dissection releases, but it's a pleasant-ish listen anyways.

I agree and that's probably why I think it's average. But hey, I expected more out of Dissection.
----
12.06.2014 - 13:08
Rating: 7
musicalkaratekid
Though it isn't as effective as the band's first two albums, naturally, Reinkaos is still a relevant album in Dissection's important career. Much of the atmosphere that much Storm of the light's bane is gone (and might in my opinion be purely because of the more modernized production), but the instrumental performance is still very engaging for the most part. The title track, "Starless Aeon" and "God of forbidden light" are my personal highlights.
04.10.2016 - 10:32
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
It's decent and has a certain attitude... but nothing more...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
12.09.2019 - 11:46
Lulucifer
Maha Kali is nice but this album is nowhere near the predecessors
12.09.2019 - 11:57
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
This is probably one of the better sounding commercial death metal albums by a band clearly using their legendary status in an attempt to pay some bills, but if you approach it as if it were a made-for-radio melodic death metal album, you'd be more than happy. It features some smooth, accessible riffing and digestible melodies, particularly on Black Dragon, Xeper-I-Set, and Maha Kali. If it were released by almost any other band it would be held in higher esteem, but not much. It still feels like an album made for the sake of making an album, which is its greatest downfall.
----

Hits total: 16426 | This month: 63