06. Jotunblod
07. Gylfaginning
08. Wotan
09. Isöders Dronning

Featured in "Getting Into: Enslaved"

Guest review by
Frost Beast
Rating:
Back in the early 90s, the Norwegian black metal scene was running crazy. New bands forming everyday, genre landmarks being released, musicians killing each other, let alone the misanthropic view of life and the satanic beliefs and rituals. However, not all bands took this easy path. Some bands, like Enslaved, decided that black metal is not always raw-sounding guitars and satanic lyrics, and that it might be melodic and highly atmospheric at the same time. Frost is an album that proves this.

Read more ››
published 20.10.2011 | Comments (31)

Found in 22 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 652 users
14.12.2010 - 00:40
VPeter

There was a time in high school were I downloaded 3 random songs of limewire of a band to check them out, with Enslaved all 3 songs happend to come from this album. Was listing to this album again and this time as a whole, despite it's primitive raw sound you can still kinda hear the refined band Enslaved would eventual become. Love some of the keyboard passages on this album.
25.08.2012 - 15:16
Rating: 8
musicalkaratekid

Pretty good album with some very interesting songs. The chilling intro 'Frost' actually makes you feel as if you're living in Winter.
12.02.2014 - 19:27
Rating: 6
DreadfulYgg

Frost is very overrated. I just can't find much to sing to the mountains about. It's tolerable listening, but not very memorable. The first two tracks are the only songs I like. More of a stepping stone than a milestone in their career.
19.01.2015 - 23:53
Rating: 9
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Freaking classic
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Listen to the Trench Talk podcast.
04.03.2015 - 00:53
Rating: 10
woshige

The other side of norwegian black metal literally and figuratively. with mayhem leading the satanism and anti-production, enslaved showed another color with progressive hints and viking lore.
18.07.2017 - 09:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Amazing landscape on art work, its Scandinavian, nature, inspiration where you live and come from. Musically its old archaic black metal, insane drumming, chaotic vocals in Norwegian and some keyboards. Amazing masterpiece.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.06.2018 - 13:55
Rating: 7
musclassia

I'm glad Enslaved advanced to the band they became Monumension-onwards, but as far as 90's Norwegian BM goes, this is definitely towards the upper end of the spectrum of enjoyability, although ATHOW and EDT are a bit more geared towards my preferences
16.01.2020 - 05:19
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I need to go through Enslaved's discography. I'm really not super familiar with any of their works.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
16.01.2020 - 09:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Boxcar Willy on 16.01.2020 at 05:19

I need to go through Enslaved's discography. I'm really not super familiar with any of their works.

I did it and then you will see only ond album are grear
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.03.2023 - 14:09
Rating: 7
Anghellic67

I think this is more aggressive than the debut which isn't really to my liking. Still I find some interesting and enjoyable moments here and there.

Hits total: 14369 | This month: 30