Metal Storm logo
Cynthia Witthoft

03.01.2011 - 10:31
O Sinistron
Hopeless Sinner
Anyone have heard of Cynthia Witthoft?

I've listened some songs of her and they're great!

As far as I've found out about her, she has a band, named Cynthia Witthoft, formed only by hot chicks and they only play instrumental songs.

I've also heard that she likes to be called "The Thief Woman" because she "borrows" some songs from other bands an then record it's intrumental version, with other name, and credit the songs to herself, even when she is able to produce better songs then the ones she robbed.

It's very difficult to find any trustable information about her.

So I would like to know if anyone of you had ever heard of her!
----
Last.fm
27.02.2011 - 21:54
john_mcc
It seems like it's all fake, other people's music renamed. I downloaded a few of her "albums" a while back and there was some fantastic stuff on there for sure, but then "Unicorn" by Gojira started playing, not a rerecording but the actual track from "From Mars To Sirius" just renamed as something else. Another track was Melecesh, another track that I really liked turned out to be some German band called Viron. Apparently she released a lot of albums with arresting artwork, lots of tracks with memorable and funny names and with music and playing that was often of stunningly high quality starting way back in the early '90's without anyone having heard of her and no mention of her anywhere on the internet until 2002. The Record Companies that she released them on either don't exist or have no mention of her anywhere, her bio reads like a teenager's "Bad, mad and dangerous to know Girl" fantasy and not like a real woman at all. There is no evidence anywhere that a woman by the name of Cynthia Witthoft even exists, let alone that she was responsible for a single note on any album that bears her name.
29.03.2011 - 11:18
O Sinistron
Hopeless Sinner
Written by john_mcc on 27.02.2011 at 21:54

It seems like it's all fake...

I believe that this supposed musician is a complete fake one, made and mantained by teenagers with nothing better to do!
But somwhere in the back of my mind still the idea that she could exist. Like people like believing that King Arthur, Robin Hood and William Tell existed, because of what they represented (I believe those 3 existed, despite some scientific-historic point otherwise). And so I want to believe Cynthia Wittohoft is real, beacause if such a musician exists she's fuckin awesome guitar hero.
But truth be told... she's probably a fuckin fake!
----
Last.fm