Metal Storm logo
Judas Priest - Working On New Material

Judas Priest are busy writing new material. According to an awfully short posting on the band's website, "all is going really well". Further details will be given later.

As previously announced, Judas Priest will be embarking on their farewell tour in June, hitting all the major cities throughout the world. The band will be starting their Epitaph world tour in Europe.

With all guns blazing and amps cranked to eleven, the band will be giving all their fans one last chance to witness the ultimate metal experience that is Judas Priest.

Announced dates so far include:

7th June - 013, Tilburg, Holland
9th June - Sweden Rock Festival, Sölvesborg, Sweden
11th June - Sauna Open Air, Tampere, Finland
14th June - Oslo, Norway Spektrum
15th June - Bergen, Norway Edward Greig Plass
17th June - Copenhell Festival, Copenhagen, Denmark
19th June - Hellfest Open Air, Nantes, France
20th June - Le Zenith, Paris, France
22nd June - Gods of Metal Festival, Milan, Italy
25th June - Graspop Metal Meeting, Dessel, Belgium
27th June - Zenith, Munich, Germany
28th June - 02 Arena, Prague, Czech Republic
29th June - Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria
1st July - Belgrade Arena, Belgrade, Serbia
23rd July - High Voltage Festival, London, UK
5th August - Wacken Open Air, Germany

Source: judaspriest.com
Band profile: Judas Priest
Event: Judas Priest: Epitaph World Tour
Posted: 27.01.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 42   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 225 users
27.01.2011 - 18:38
Baz Anderson
Staff
So... they're not splitting up? This is all a bit vague. I won't say no to more Judas Priest though.
27.01.2011 - 18:44
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
From what I heard, they're splitting up after their farewell tour, probably lasting into 2012, according to interviews with Rob Halford.

EDIT: From Glenn Tipton's webspace: "To put every ones mind at rest this is by no means the end of the band, in fact we are presently writing new material, but we do intend this to be the last major world tour."

So there.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
27.01.2011 - 18:44
Enigma
Well, aparently, they'll be active recording new studio albuns, but not making more tours.
27.01.2011 - 18:51
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Yes!!! xD I was downhearted about the fact that it seemed like Nostradamus would be their last studio album. Hopefully now they can end their awesome career with an album fitting of that priviledge. This is awesome news!

Written by Enigma on 27.01.2011 at 18:44

Well, aparently, they'll be active recording new studio albuns, but not making more tours.

This is what it sounds like to me. They're only going to cease to be active as a touring band. Rob Halford certainly isnt retiring, because he says he wants to continue with the Halford band after Priest retire from touring. My guess is someone in Priest is tired of touring and doesn't want to do it anymore, hence their next tour being their last. Maybe that isnt it, but it sure seems like that to me.
27.01.2011 - 19:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.01.2011 at 18:51

My guess is someone in Priest is tired of touring and doesn't want to do it anymore, hence their next tour being their last. Maybe that isnt it, but it sure seems like that to me.

i think Glenn is the man you're talking about.. there have been some concerts canceled because of his poor health and he is the oldest of the group(already 63 years old, though he certainly doesn't look it).
27.01.2011 - 19:21
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Valentin B on 27.01.2011 at 19:14
i think Glenn is the man you're talking about.. there have been some concerts canceled because of his poor health and he is the oldest of the group(already 63 years old, though he certainly doesn't look it).

Yep, I think it most certainly will be Glenn who is the one that is fatigued with touring and wants to retire from it. Its a shame, but of course, completely understandable.

You're so right about him not looking 63! He looks great for his age, more like early 50's than 63. xD
27.01.2011 - 20:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Irritable Ted on 27.01.2011 at 19:38

Something in the style of Painkiller would be nice. An album that blows everybody away would be a fitting goodbye to all the fans.

yup, seeing as they can obviously take their time and not have to play (too much) stuff from it in concert (i hope they would focus more on honoring their legacy up to and including Painkiller than playing some of the more recent stuff).. it would certainly make it easier to create a really heavy, fast and technical release like Painkiller.
27.01.2011 - 20:10
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Irritable Ted on 27.01.2011 at 19:38

Something in the style of Painkiller would be nice. An album that blows everybody away would be a fitting goodbye to all the fans.

I think this is what most fans (including me) would want. For them to go out with a bang by putting out an explosive final album. Showing all the other bands one last time just who the real metal gods are. xD

As this is the final Priest tour, I wonder if Rob will finally sing some of the Ripper Owens material. He has stated before that he has no objection to doing so, and would like to do it. Id be surprised if it happened, but I would love to see that!
27.01.2011 - 20:44
Mountain King
K i K o
Wouldn't mind more Judas Priest albums. All their albums kick so much ass...
27.01.2011 - 20:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Mountain King on 27.01.2011 at 20:44

did you forget about Turbo? And even Nostradamus
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.01.2011 - 20:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.01.2011 at 20:10

As this is the final Priest tour, I wonder if Rob will finally sing some of the Ripper Owens material. He has stated before that he has no objection to doing so, and would like to do it. Id be surprised if it happened, but I would love to see that!

yeah, even though some of them are a bit more childish than your usual Priest songs, like for example Burn in Hell it's still a pretty epic and heavy song. it's kinda adventurous, but i think it would probably work very well as the intro of a concert.
27.01.2011 - 21:00
Mountain King
K i K o
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.01.2011 at 20:48

Written by Mountain King on 27.01.2011 at 20:44

did you forget about Turbo? And even Nostradamus

Turbo Lover, Reckless, Rock All Around The World are really good songs for me. And Nostradamus? I love that album, that's my opinion and btw I'm listening to Pestilence And Plague from Nostradamus. Great song i really don't know why some people hate it...
27.01.2011 - 21:07
Axe Argonian
Like everyone else here, I do hope that this next studio album will finish Judas Priest's career with a bang. I do wonder, however, if this final planned tour will conclude without reaching the States, because according to the tour locations, the U.S. is not listed at all. Quite a shame it would be if Priest retired without saying "goodbye" to their American fans...
----
"Man does at all times only what he wills, and yet he does this necessarily. But this is because he already is what he wills." - Arthur Schopenhauer
27.01.2011 - 21:44
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
I found Nostradamus rather boring, so I'm glad they're gonna put out some new material, that might sound more like good old classic Priest.
27.01.2011 - 22:27
tirim4
Oh Judas Priest, the band that got me into metal. I associate most of their songs with different LEGO projects of mine from when I was 8-9 years old. What a world they opened to me!
27.01.2011 - 22:31
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
So is what I'm hearing true? That they're just gonna make albums and not tour?
27.01.2011 - 22:43
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Valentin B on 27.01.2011 at 20:52
yeah, even though some of them are a bit more childish than your usual Priest songs, like for example Burn in Hell it's still a pretty epic and heavy song. it's kinda adventurous, but i think it would probably work very well as the intro of a concert.

I think "Burn In Hell" would be one of the better choices if Rob was going to tackle some Ripper era material. I think his voice could work well with it. Ive seen that song live twice. Once when I saw Priest when Ripper was still in the band, and another time when I saw Beyond Fear opening for Anthrax a few years ago. The intro is awesome, and can really get the crowd going. It is a great live song. The lyrics are a bit ridiculous, but even Rob has penned some quite silly lyrics in his time. "Love Zone", anyone?! hehee

@Mountain King: "Pestilence And Plague" is one of the very few songs that I truly love from "Nostradamus". It has a great atmosphere, and the solo in it is stunning. Id definitely class that one as one of Priest's underrated classics.
28.01.2011 - 00:42
jimmy
I read this story on BLABBERMOUTH a little while ago and this is great news! always happy to get a new priest record. hopefully they never stop recording, even if they're not touring as much.
and to all the naysayers out there, FUCK YOU, nostradamus was an awesome record.
and yeah, i'd love to see rob do some ripper material. preferably, 'bullet train', 'bloodsuckers', 'death row', or 'cathedral spires'. i think rob would just kill those songs. hopefully they do 'hellrider' 'demonizer' and 'deal with the devil' off of AOR too. love those tracks. personally i could do without hearing 'diamonds and rust' and most of the really old stuff. it's kinds boring.
28.01.2011 - 01:51
Big gap from 2nd-22nd July reserved for a proper tour of the UK maybe?
28.01.2011 - 01:53
SlaytanicGonzo
I hope it's an old school record. That's the album Priest has to say goodbye, with what they do best, pure Heavy Metal.
28.01.2011 - 04:15
RavenKing
Should not be hard to beat "Nostradamus".
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
28.01.2011 - 06:13
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Deleted Scenes on 28.01.2011 at 01:51

Big gap from 2nd-22nd July reserved for a proper tour of the UK maybe?

I'm more interested in the gap between now, and the beginning of the tour. With them writing new material, is it their aim to have the album out in time for the tour? Or are they going to finish it up when the tour has ended? As for a UK tour, I would really hope that we get one. Also would make sense to end the tour here, seeing as this is where they are from. They bypassed the UK completely (in a somewhat huge irony) when they did the British Steel anniversary tour. So I think they owe it to the British fans to do one last tour here. I for one, certainly hope they will, as Id be sad if I didnt get to see them on their last tour.

@Ravenking: Iced Earth have to top TCOM though, so I think Jon's got an easier task than the Priest guys. Even though "Nostradamus" wasn't exactly great, it was quite a bit better than that album. lol
28.01.2011 - 08:12
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Happy Daggon is happy
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
28.01.2011 - 10:42
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
What? New album? That's weird. But I'll take it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.01.2011 - 11:43
Neuroku
It's bullshit really. Yeah, I love Preist and to stop touring forever, but still making albums as a band...It won't be long before they wanna be back on the road. I give it a year or two before they do a "special tour"
28.01.2011 - 13:27
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Neuroku on 28.01.2011 at 11:43

It's bullshit really. Yeah, I love Preist and to stop touring forever, but still making albums as a band...It won't be long before they wanna be back on the road. I give it a year or two before they do a "special tour"

I'd honestly be surprised if they did do another tour after this one. Okay, it wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world or anything, but I suspect this really is it, as far as Priest touring the world goes anyway.
28.01.2011 - 13:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 28.01.2011 at 10:42

What? New album? That's weird. But I'll take it.

Well even if its fareall tour they cane make some 5 studio albums and maybe farewall was comercal trick to make ppl go to gigs and see band ''last time'' maybe they spend all money hwo Boris Becker who need make sucky comercals to get some euros
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.01.2011 - 13:59
jpwiseguy
Account deleted
I wouldn't let the end of my godlike career in metal fade out to the tune of the piece of shit that was Nastradamus either....good decision Priest, just do your fans a favor and make sure it properly ROCKS like the Priest machine should. Don't be afraid to make it sound like British Steel, Screaming for Vengeance, or Painiiller. That is what your fans like, it's what you're renowned for, and it's the proper way to retire the legend of Priest.

Priest is not some experimental prog rock group, they are JUDAS PRIEST, the FATHERS OF METAL.
28.01.2011 - 14:32
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by jimmy on 28.01.2011 at 00:42
and yeah, i'd love to see rob do some ripper material. preferably, 'bullet train', 'bloodsuckers', 'death row', or 'cathedral spires'. i think rob would just kill those songs. hopefully they do 'hellrider' 'demonizer' and 'deal with the devil' off of AOR too. love those tracks. personally i could do without hearing 'diamonds and rust' and most of the really old stuff. it's kinds boring.

"Bullet Train" is my fave Priest song from the Ripper era stuff, and would love to see Rob have a go at this one. His voice isnt what it used to be, so he might struggle a bit with it, but it'd still be great to hear him doing it. xD

"Demonizer" has never been played live, and I think it is the song that sounds most like the Ripper era since the time of Rob reuniting with Priest. It is an awesome song, and I'd love to see it in setlist for the upcoming tour.
28.01.2011 - 21:49
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
Cant wait to hear the new album

Hits total: 5081 | This month: 12