08. Invisible Physic Entity
09. Heretic Poltergeist Phenomena
10. La Malediction De La Dame Blanche
11. There Was No Light [bonus]
12. After Death Premises [bonus]
13. Yonder Realm Photography [bonus]
+ Making of [video]

Additional info
Re-released in July 19, 2013, on the Season of Mist label with three bonus tracks from the band's 2005 'Ethereal Veiled Existence' EP.

Staff review by
Darkside Momo
Rating:
Let's start with the usual 'they sound like this and this and this band' game, to be done with it quickly.

Carach Angren play symphonic black metal, with quite a lot classical elements and orchestrations, which can sometimes be reminiscent of label-mates Le Grand Guignol, but without the great, über-baroque feel. Of course, the name 'Dimmu Borgir' is bound to pop up in a review of this kind of music... So? Yes, their influence can be felt, of course, but not overbearingly so. Finally, the last song will draw gazes towards the baroque masters Misanthrope, as it is sung in French.

Read more ››
published 19.05.2009 | Comments (16)

Guest review by
Synapse
Rating:
Now, when it comes to black metal, I'm definitely a very big fan. I'd say it's certainly within my top 3 genres of metal. I've had my favorites from the whole black metal genre, always leaning towards the more melodic and symphonic side (i.e. Emperor, Dimmu Borgir), but I guess I have finally found my favorite black metal band; Carach Angren.

Read more ››
published 16.09.2013 | Comments (0)

Found in 10 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 508 users
06.02.2011 - 13:51
Rating: 9
patrickmetal12

Uuuu i like
15.02.2013 - 06:31
Rating: 8
Kuroboshi

The only Carach Angren album worth listening to more than once or twice.
03.06.2014 - 07:53
Dundamom

My favorite album from these guys, it's super addicting. Heretic Poltergeist Phenomena and A Strange Presence Near The Woods are my personal favorite tracks.
11.04.2015 - 10:19
Rating: 8
s_t_s

After listening to all their albums and thinking "damn I like that but I miss a little something to get back to it", that's it, I have found a Carach Angren that I REALLY like ! Sure the vocals mostly sound like they are from Dimmu Borgir yet the symphony approach is different, a bit more theatrical and that's really nicely done !
04.06.2016 - 22:48
Rating: 6
WayTooManyCDs

Everything I heard about the style of Carach Angren appealed to me. Black metal with disturbed fairytale stories and over the top theatrics. I usually try to buy everything during a sale to save money but decided to shell out the big bucks on this one because I had no doubt it would be good. I popped it in my car and was initially impressed. Cool intro, bombastic musical feel, just what I was hoping for! But that excitement quickly faded as the album went on.

I literally thought the album was skipping back to the beginning halfway through because of how similar every song sounded. I know there are a lot of metal albums that get this criticism, and usually I disagree, but the tone of the vocals, the very similar pacing of every song, the very similar guitar work in every song, it feels like one big blur. I'll give it a bit of time and see anything changes but so far I'm really disappointed.
15.09.2021 - 21:08
Poetique

One of the best Black Metal albums ever!

Hits total: 11400 | This month: 14