Metal Storm logo
Seals being beaten and killed

10.09.2006 - 18:06
marinBG
I don't know if this is true, but I'm just passing it foreward. Judge yourself...

http://tuleni.hit.bg
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
10.09.2006 - 18:12
Valentin B
Iconoclast
that's cruel
like in that song,paralyzed i'm staring at impossible brutality
10.09.2006 - 20:01
tulkas
el parcero
damn, this sucks big time. it is brutality at it's max point. I hope I could do that to those guys and see what the others would think. assholes
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
10.09.2006 - 20:57
marinBG
i don't know... I wouldn't do this to anyone... or at least, prefer to think I wouldn't do it to anyone... when you're cruel, you're cruel... it doeasn't matter to whom, don't you think?
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
11.09.2006 - 01:24
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
well If they don't do anything with the carcasses, that is to say,
if they don't use the whole body, then yes, it's cruel and wrong.
However, if you eat the meat and use the pelt, there's nothing
wrong with it. Something must Always die so that we may live,
whether it be a plant or an animal, and it's no different in either scenario.
This looks like propaganda to me, they put things like that out all the time for steak houses and try to make it look cruel when the reality is that (In the U.S. at least) they have a very humane way to kill livestolk. Seal hunting is what most Eskimos live off of.

But hey, if they waste the body, they're poachers, not hunters,
and make people who actually respect the body and spirit of the
creature look bad. Because I don't know the facts I don't know
what to say about it.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
11.09.2006 - 14:25
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
who cares?

i don't see you people objecting to animals being killed for food. whats the difference? that the corpses are then eaten after being killed? humans can be herbivores but most choose to eat meat because they enjoy it so why is killing an animal to eat because you enjoy it any different from killing an animal because you ejoy killing it?

you're not in a position to have any objection to this unless you're a vegan. i don't see any of you objecting to chickens being kept it battery cages for their entire life, unable to move, incredibly uncomfortable and ill because keeping them held still means they will become fatter and then us humans can get food cheaper. no one cares about that but everyone is outraged by some cute little seals being killed even though only a few hundred seals will be killed per year on these kind of trips but millions of farm animals are kept in shitty conditions and slaughtered because we enjoy eating meat.

come on. lets be serious. you can whine about it on the internet and pretend you care but you don't really. you'll read this, think how horrible it is to kill these cute little animals, then go and have some scorched animal flesh for dinner without considering the hypocrisy of this.

on another note, did you consider that killing seals allows the populations of their prey to flourish?
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
11.09.2006 - 23:32
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well.killing for food is one thing.animals and humans do it all the time
but killing just for the sake of killing is quite cruel
i'm not underrating the cruelty of animal farms(and there is no shortage of cruelty in the farms)
from the seal's point of view,it's all the same.but let's face it.killing for the love of killing is wrong.at least if you eat the animal,someone benefits from it.also hunting "just for the sport of it" is wrong.
and about the fish flourishing,i don't think so.seals eat both prey fish and predator fish,so both will flourish
well,imo..i could be wrong
12.09.2006 - 03:34
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Written by -tom- on 11.09.2006 at 14:25

who cares?

i don't see you people objecting to animals being killed for food. whats the difference? that the corpses are then eaten after being killed? humans can be herbivores but most choose to eat meat because they enjoy it so why is killing an animal to eat because you enjoy it any different from killing an animal because you ejoy killing it?

The difference is people kill these baby seals for fun, and unless there's one fucked up farmer, killing chicken isn't a sport to them, it's more like a job, hell maybe if they got something useful out of slaughtering those baby animals it wouldn't look so bad, but the point is, they.do.this.for.fun and that's fucked up from here to China.

That's one terrible post you did there dude.

/end of quote

And that's one hell of a way to almost make me cry, those pictures were horrible...

EDIT: Yes, cruelty on animal farms is another topic, I wouldn't wanna get too deep in conversation about that either :S
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
12.09.2006 - 13:48
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
what difference does it make if its for sport or for a job? killing animals is killing animals. just because someone accepts money for it doesn't make it any better and just because the animals body is eaten afterwards doesn't make it any better seeing as humans don't have to eat meat.

so my post is terrible because i don't value the lives of the cute little seals over farm animals? the only reason you see a difference is because that webpage shows pictures of the slaughtered seals but people don't see the link between animals on a farm and a steak.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
12.09.2006 - 14:07
Baz Anderson
Staff
tommy tee: well you're right for having a go at showing the other side of the arguement and i understand what you are saying, but killing for food and killing for fun are two different things

in nature animals kill other animals for food, thats how it works in the food chain
the death of one creature gives the next creature up energy and life - like how leaves fallen from a tree decay back into the ground and feeds the new life that may grow there
killing seals for fun just messes with how nature is supposed to work - they arent being eaten, their death does not aid the life of anything else
their lives were wasted because in death they did not feed and give life to anything else like a chicken being killed for food would, or an animal being killed in the wild would
13.09.2006 - 00:35
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
It's kinda pointless to make a website like that...it certainly is nothing but propaganda and a waste of time to look at because nothing will be done about it...no world leader will pay attention to someone who makes a website like that one because they represent a very small kep demografic of people in this world...loud mouthed induviduals with only one side of an opinion to bitch about...sure, the killing of seals is a horrible thing but - good points were made already in this thread for that point...
13.09.2006 - 20:27
Destryphior
It says at the bottom of the page:
You can find the original document this site was based on here. Please think before you continue forwarding this around. None of the information published has been actually verified. Anything you see on the internet might be wrong so it is your own responsibility to check it, before you believe it.

I checked the links included, none of them told about a sport, which means this is total bullsh*t... Some people like making websites for scaring... buy posting this link you make their propaganda spread... Those pictures are propably taken of fishermen or hunters. Hunting, and killing for food and because it's necessery... I have close connections to fishermen and I know the harm seals do, This page has no factual background and i think it's pointless to get shocked over a website...
05.03.2007 - 03:33
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Oh-my-fuckin-god. This is so cruel. I got shivers when I saw those pics... Poor seals... How can someone do that? I mean, the seals are beautiful, and besides they're defenseless against a man, well, tehy're defenseless against pretty much everything... They're liek a human baby, small and defenseless... (Of course I prefer a baby seal than a baby human lol)

The bad thing is that noone will do anything to stop this massacre, because many of those hunters kill teh seals for a living. If it were inmy hands teh hunters would starve to death.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
06.03.2007 - 05:21
Paganblood
The Aryaputra

i don't see you people objecting to animals being killed for food. whats the difference?

the difference is, when we kill an animal for food, they aren't killed cruelly; dropping a blade from above their neck or beheading them at one blow; they die almost painlessly; but killing them with torture is like sadism.
Even if those seals are being killed for some use, why kill them in such a painful way, when they can be killed less painfully?
----
that which shines without names and forms...
25.03.2007 - 19:00
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by Paganblood on 06.03.2007 at 05:21

i don't see you people objecting to animals being killed for food. whats the difference?

the difference is, when we kill an animal for food, they aren't killed cruelly; dropping a blade from above their neck or beheading them at one blow; they die almost painlessly; but killing them with torture is like sadism.
Even if those seals are being killed for some use, why kill them in such a painful way, when they can be killed less painfully?

Smacking a seal over the head that has lived a decent life in the wild sounds more humane than keeping chickens in battery cages, in filthy conditions covered in their own shit and riddled with disease. I know which I'd prefer.

Torture, sadism etc blah blah blah. Lets face the facts, animals that are raised to be used for food usually go through a hell of a lot worse than a seal that's killed for fun. I'm not saying it's ok to kill animals for fun but to object to that but still continuing to eat meat is hypocritical.

Let consider the main 2 points that have been raised so far:

"oh but wait! If we're killing animals for food then it wasn't a waste but it is if we kill them for fun".

Nope. We eat meat because we enjoy it. We don't need it. In fact, most vegetarians are a lot healthier for it.

"oh, but it's cruel and sadistic and that's wrong"

So? I doubt a chicken that lives in a battery cage in shitty conditions feels any comfort in the fact that it's nothing personal when it's electrocuted and has it's feathers ripped out (often while still alive and conscious).

Not that chickens can think but you get my point....
----

Read Watchmen.
25.03.2007 - 21:08
FTW
Account deleted
Chickens think, act and feel pain just like us humans, It is a shame how cruel these ppl are to the animals just to save a few bucks.

There are humane ways to kill something.

I feel so bad for the seals though, they are beautiful defensless animals who just want to be loved. Lets put it this way the people that hunt them will pay, and when karma strikers their going to be regretting everything they did.
25.03.2007 - 23:06
Suicide Bug
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 25.03.2007 at 21:08

I feel so bad for the seals though, they are beautiful defensless animals who just want to be loved.

That was top class, man
25.03.2007 - 23:45
FTW
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 25.03.2007 at 23:06

Written by Guest on 25.03.2007 at 21:08

I feel so bad for the seals though, they are beautiful defensless animals who just want to be loved.

That was top class, man

Well its true isnt it, what harm to they do? Think about it your crawling on the ice doing whatever then some poor excuse for a human being comes down and wacks you on the head. Fucked up world we live in.
25.03.2007 - 23:47
iaberis
Advice Troll
I'm not strange to these pics... Many sea animals have the same fate in countries that make profit from their products. Same fate have wales, dolphins and other animals that people buy their products. Really shame on those countries who profit by murdering animals. Even worst shame on you if you belong to these countries and do nothing about that. You know who you are, I don't have to name countries...
----
Bitch! Please
26.03.2007 - 04:05
Zombie, M.D.
I think those who are being really outspoken about it need to examine themselves. Have you ever eaten meat? Have you ever squashed a bug? Used a mouse trap? Undoubtedly you have disposed of some sort of pest at one point or another. If youre going to try and take the high road with something like animal rights it doesnt make sense to be selective with it. Why is the life of a seal more valuable than that of a cockroach? Thats like saying "All people should have rights, except the brown ones.".
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
26.03.2007 - 09:35
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by -tom- on 25.03.2007 at 19:00

Not that chickens can think but you get my point....

Yes, I got your point.
anyway, its not good to make animals suffer deliberately or make them suffer for enjoyment... that's what I mean to say.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
01.04.2007 - 01:21
Bitch Boy
This proves us that men are still very stupid and cruel animals. It's like the bull-fighting, all these activities in which animals are tortured and killed should stop ASAP.
05.04.2007 - 02:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Thats sickening. I really dont see the point in things like that? Someone should castrate those so calle 'Sportsmen'. Its actually pretty angering.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
07.05.2007 - 10:40
A.J Thunder
I dont get the idea of what different it makes if the animal is "beautyful, harmless, defensless or whatsoever.." would it be easier to accept it if they would be ugly? And what animal really has capability to defend itself if humans really want to hunt it? We go out with our gear we kill it.....
I didnt open the link cuz im at work and dont want to get attention so i dont know what it shows, guess its some bloody pic where they kill this "poor little puppy eyed" seal. As far as i know seal has for example for the eskimos been an natural source of food and has helped them survive in the extrem cold weathers. Seal meat has a lots of fat in it that ive heard helps them people living in those cold places.

I still think that hunting for food is different from the hunt for fun thing. People have for ages eaten meat and it doesnt work like that you just stop eating meat because we dont need to do so anymore, at least im not turning into an vegetarian because i really love the taste of meat. So in my oppinion hunting is an good thing if it benefits the human= if it is the food of someone. And it doesnt really matther how you kill it cuz its just gone die anyway.
07.05.2007 - 14:26
MadGatsu
Killing to eat is a whole different story than killing for profit or just plainly (and stupidly) for fun. Humankind has been killing to -> survive <- billions of years ago. Nothing wrong with that. This is just being assholes (about the news).
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
11.05.2007 - 13:42
Relentless
Account deleted
Written by Bitch Boy on 01.04.2007 at 01:21

This proves us that men are still very stupid and cruel animals. It's like the bull-fighting, all these activities in which animals are tortured and killed should stop ASAP.

When the bull is killed the meat from the dead bull is distrubuted to the poor, so not all bad
11.05.2007 - 13:43
Relentless
Account deleted
Besides which I would rather concentrate on the cruel acts that humans do to each other
11.05.2007 - 19:17
Bitch Boy
@ Relentless: at least in Mexico that doesn't happen, the meat of the dead bull isn't for poor people, it's for supermarkets and stores.
11.05.2007 - 22:00
Stalker
Lone wanderer
First: Fuck chickens! Where did you see chicken in wildernes?? And I think its very stupid to caompare seal and cockroach, etc...

Second: Yes, killing endangered species, torturing animals (even chicken and cockroaches), killing just for killing and is sick.
Dont you think that Eskimo or hunter would kill baby seal. Hunter isnt equal to psycho with gun, and those who dont understand that, shouldnt talk about it.

Third: Hunting wont stop. And it mustnt stop. Real hunters keep nature, and all animals and plants in it. They are reducing the number of pests and protect those which are endangered. Those safari fuckers - it isnt hunting. They are not hunters at all. They are just rich bastards who like to have lions head on the wall and stuff like that.

If hunting would be banned, that would result in at least 200% increase of pouching.

that what I think about this.
----
12.05.2007 - 00:49
Carrion
Account deleted
Sport, huh? Well, if you wanna do some stupid sports, I suggest you to go play poker or something instead of killing animals. I wish bad luck to humans killing all the other species.