Metal Storm logo
Enslaved - Win Spellemann Award For Best Metal Album Of The Year

Enslaved - who recently took home a Metal Storm Award for Best Black Metal Album - have won the "Best Metal Album" category at the 2010 Norwegian Spellemannsprisen for their most recent Axioma Ethica Odini.

The 39th annual Spellemann Awards (the Norwegian equivalent of the US Grammy Awards) were held last night, Saturday March 5th, at the Spektrum in Oslo, Norway.

The other nominees were Shining [NOR] - Blackjazz, Ihsahn - After and Solefald - Norrøn Livskunst.

This was the sixth time Enslaved got nominated for this prestigious music award. The band has been awarded a Spellemann for their previous three studio albums, Vertebrae (2008), Ruun (2006) and Isa (2004).

Kvelertak were awarded a Spellemann for "Best Rock Album" and "Best Newcomer".

Source: spellemann.no
Band profile: Enslaved
Posted: 06.03.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 191 users
06.03.2011 - 12:42
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
A well deserved award. Not only is Axioma Ethica Odini a superb metal album overall, but it is one of those rare albums that can actually get people into genres, which is what it did for me. To create an album that is so impressive it sparks an interest in the genre which it represents, is something that most bands cannot do.
06.03.2011 - 13:11
morsus
Written by Guest on 06.03.2011 at 12:42

A well deserved award. Not only is Axioma Ethica Odini a superb metal album overall, but it is one of those rare albums that can actually get people into genres, which is what it did for me. To create an album that is so impressive it sparks an interest in the genre which it represents, is something that most bands cannot do.

I cant agree more!
06.03.2011 - 18:16
neonxaos
Album is superb. It took me a few listens to see why, but that just made the discovery all the more interesting.
07.03.2011 - 05:33
Daydream Nation
Account deleted
I disagree. It was the worst of the four nominated, in my honest opinion. Metal is about breaking boundaries, in my opinion, and the other three albums were absolute killers. Ihsahn's Undercurrent---WOW what a track. Solefald, what can I say. And Shining [NOR], my personal favourite, is practically undefinable. Industrial, jazz improvization, trance, dubstep, violins, a coherent concept and an absolutely incredible King Crimson cover FEATURING an Enslaved member...hard to see how that wasn't the best metal album for them.
But I'll live.
07.03.2011 - 06:12
Sworn
Yes sir! well deserved award. Axioma Ethica Odini is one of the best albums I've heard in my whole life.
07.03.2011 - 10:10
neonxaos
I agree about Shining - but perhaps they were simply too wild for the judges.
07.03.2011 - 13:44
Skøllgrim
Northern
The fanboy in me thinks its a shame Solefald didn't win, but the big man in me congratulates Enslaved on their victory
18.03.2011 - 09:57
Night Sight
It is very catchy album
----
Alone in birth
Alone in the darkness
Alone in death
Alone in the daylight

Hits total: 4367 | This month: 14