Metal Storm logo
Steven Wilson - Update On Various Projects

Porcupine Tree mainman Steven Wilson is what they call a busy man. Time for a little update on his current endeavors.

Most important points to remember: the mixing for the forthcoming Opeth album has been completed, and the much-anticipated collaboration project between Wilson and Opeth's Mikael Åkerfeldt - tentatively dubbed Storm Corrosion - has completed writing material for the debut album.

Here's the full update: "Last year was pretty much a year without any new music from me, I've been working very hard in the studio on various projects. Firstly, we finished mixing the incredible new Opeth album a few days ago, keep an eye on their website for details on that. Mikael and I also took the opportunity while he was here to finish writing our collaboration album - there's still a lot of recording work to do, but this should definitely be out in early 2012. The new Steven Wilson solo record is still on track for September release, and I think the next two King Crimson remixes (Lark's Tongues in Aspic and Starless and Bible Black) will be out around the same time. I'm now working on new stereo and 5.1 mixes of another very famous 70's progressive album for a deluxe reissue this year, can't say more about that just yet. Last but not least, over the last year I worked on and off on a new Bass Communion album called Cenotaph, which is a kind of sequel to Ghosts on Magnetic Tape - news on when this will be released when I have it. I think that's enough for now! Off on tour with Blackfield soon."

Source: facebook.com
Posted: 26.03.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 126 users
26.03.2011 - 05:23
Czerny Reiter
And I'd willingly bet a healthy portion of my money that not a single one of these projects is going to fall short. Wilson is simply an incredible artist.
26.03.2011 - 06:01
O)))racle
Pure effing genius. Can't wait for all these projects to come out.
----
Artists Over Entertainers
26.03.2011 - 08:22
Derelict Earth
This guy is one on my major influence. I owe him so much ...
I can't believe the next Opeth album is already mixed, yet scheduled for release in October.
26.03.2011 - 11:39
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
What about Porcupine Tree?

Good news about Opeth as well. One of the most anticipated albums of the year for me.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.03.2011 - 12:01
arj
I think Steve said earlier that Porcupine Tree was on hold this year for these other projects. There will probably be a new album PT album out next year.

Personally I'm very psyched about a new Opeth release, hope it's more consistent than Watershed, and the collaboration work is very intriguing.
26.03.2011 - 13:51
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
Well if Steven Wilson said that something was "incredible" then I expect nothing less than God himself trapped in a CD
Can't wait!
26.03.2011 - 21:04
Symmachus
I was looking forward to reading this news bit. Steven Wilson is certainly a busy man as well as a marvelous musician and producer. I was wondering whether or not Steven Wilson would maintain a solo career after the masterpiece that is Insurgentes, and it looks like he is. Also, it would be cool to catch Blackfield live, although I don't know if I will.

Hits total: 3251 | This month: 5