Metal Storm logo
Cautiva - Album Available For Download

After a bit more than a year of hard work, the new album of the Spanish project/band Cautiva has been released. In this occasion the recording is titled "Human" and it continues the proposal of technical and progressive thrash metal that the project began in 2006. Along the last year the composition has turned more aggressive and sophisticated, introducing this as a long-play of very intense and powerful thrash metal which will be a pleasure for all those people who loved the more elaborated period of bands as Megadeth, Coroner, Exodus or Death. In this link it's possible to listen some extracts showing the actual proposal here (.mp3) or on MySpace here.

"Human" has been recorded in its entirety by José Travieso, who has worked in the composition and the recording of all the instruments as much as the vocals, the engineering, mixing, mastering and programming. "Human" is a whole piece of craftwork, by means of it the artist has tried to make the best possible use of the resources that actually the average technological and instrumental equipment has, all it with the objective to prove that nowadays anybody can achieve a professional musical creation if he or she really proposes himself/herself.

With this transgressor posture and as it's usual in José Travieso's musical production, "Human" has been released under a Creative Commons license which allows the free copy and distribution of the album around all the world. For example, it's possible to download the album direct and legally from this location.

This release for free download of the album includes covers and art work, as much as two interesting bonus tracks. On one hand, the song "Two Worlds", where the singer Sergio Rubal collaborates putting the main vocals. On the other hand, "Tunguska", a mini-LP of three pieces presenting a string quartet written by José Travieso and which shows the usual musical style of the artist, in a neoclassical-experimental context very different to the Cautiva project.

Source: cautiva.org
Posted: 11.09.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 4 users
15.04.2011 - 22:19
caimanjosh
Giving this a listen now. I'm actually enjoying this rather more than I thought I might. Pretty aggressive, quite technical, and fun overall. The vocals are...passionate, I would say, and the guitarwork tight. Definitely worth the download!

Hits total: 1527 | This month: 3