11. Great Burning Nullifier
12. Blood In The Ink

Additional info
June 17th: Europe
June 21st: North America

Staff review by
Doc G.
Rating:
Deathcore Hybrid metalcore + melodic death metal - now there's a title that has a really negative stigma surrounding it amongst a large portion of the more discerning metal crowd. Now, normally, I'm against discarding an entire genre, but rather take my sweet time shitting on bands individually. However, considering The Black Dahlia Murder's strangle-hold on being probably the most popular band in the genre, I'm beginning to understand why people are afraid to approach deathcore metalcore + melodic death metal hybrids.

Read more ››
published 14.07.2011 | Comments (94)

Found in 17 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 35   Visited by: 694 users
29.04.2011 - 18:48
Kriegsphilosoph
Account deleted
FUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEES!
30.04.2011 - 12:26
wormdrink414
Elite
Always considered TBDM a guilty pleasure. Really, they're just a pleasure. Not ground-breaking, not challenging, over-produced, but definitely passionate, and it shows (sounds) most of the time. Getting pretty excited for this.
20.05.2011 - 00:49
DjentDude
If every track is as good as moonlight equilibrium then it will be the greatest album they have ever done.
24.05.2011 - 04:05
Stay (sic)
Moonlight Equilibrium is Fuckin Awesome! Look Forward to A Future Tour. (;
----
Zachy (;
03.06.2011 - 22:37
Wretched
Brutal!
09.06.2011 - 02:48
JD
Account deleted
This album is fuckin awesome, better than the previous one by far!
09.06.2011 - 07:16
Rating: 10
munson
OH MY GOD. THIS ALBUM. SO GOOD. Easily their best yet (and I think pretty highly of their previous efforts).
09.06.2011 - 18:10
Paradox Hater
Account deleted
Has it leaked yet?
09.06.2011 - 18:11
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.06.2011 at 18:10

Has it leaked yet?

Yes.
09.06.2011 - 18:13
fabregassed
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.06.2011 at 18:11

Written by Guest on 09.06.2011 at 18:10

Has it leaked yet?

Yes.

I can't find it anywhere.
09.06.2011 - 18:15
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
You won't find any links on this site.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.06.2011 - 02:55
Rating: 8
Chobo_jokeR
Written by munson on 09.06.2011 at 07:16

OH MY GOD. THIS ALBUM. SO GOOD. Easily their best yet (and I think pretty highly of their previous efforts).

Definitely agree. There's just so much variation to the album unlike their other releases. It has much more to offer than Deflorate did that is for sure. They kept their chaotic and crazy style, but provided a little extra to their sound on this one. The solo at the end of Blood in the Ink is pretty "mind-bottling".
15.06.2011 - 21:42
Rating: 9
The Benighted
Their best album yet, as well as the most varied. Ryan Knight's larger involvement with the songwriting paid off in spades.
----
Learn to adapt to the change, or get washed away like tears in the rain.
16.06.2011 - 08:24
Pyramid God
I've never been a fan but I'm listening to the album on MSN right now and I'm kinda liking it, like enough to buy it, which surprises me. Good for them.
18.06.2011 - 08:54
Rating: 10
santiagoRC
AMAZING!!! just that
19.06.2011 - 11:17
HateSpark
Inb4 down voting .
19.06.2011 - 17:44
Nzoric
This band is new to me, must say - mindblowingly good effort in Ritual. I'll need to dig down into this band later on.
19.06.2011 - 17:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Nzoric on 19.06.2011 at 17:44

This band is new to me, must say - mindblowingly good effort in Ritual. I'll need to dig down into this band later on.

If you're new to them you might be disappointed in their earlier releases.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.06.2011 - 21:13
JD
Account deleted

Noo don't listen to Troy, their earlier stuff are good specially "Nocturnal" highly recommended!
22.06.2011 - 12:39
Saeed_p
Is totally different with all of the shitcore! and ridicules bands.
fucking awesome
22.06.2011 - 21:50
JÄY
Metal slave
Pretty damn good! i hear more mdm than metalcore, in most songs
03.07.2011 - 19:12
This is an amazing album just picked it up yesterday and i cant stop listening to it, great stuff.
03.07.2011 - 19:23
Written by Guest on 19.06.2011 at 21:13

Noo don't listen to Troy, their earlier stuff are good specially "Nocturnal" highly recommended!

I agree with JD their early stuff is awesome as well i own Nocturnal and it is one of my favorite albums I own.
04.07.2011 - 01:47
I can't believe after this long people still mention TBDM and metalcore in the same sentence. I can see where people might say that about their first couple albums, but seriously, everything from Nocturnal and on is purely death/MDM stuff.

After a bunch of listens, I don't think this tops Nocturnal, which is one of my favorite albums of all time. It's definitely just as good as Deflorate or better(though I WIll Return is my favorite song of theirs). The lyrics are just as good as always, which is saying a lot. I pretty much look forward to their lyrics as much/more than the music. Trevor pretty much destroys any band I know of when it comes to writing lyrics, and his delivery is perfect. All in all, good stuff. I'll be picking it up soon.
09.07.2011 - 20:02
The Benighted
People are still trying to apply the 'metalcore' tag to TBDM? They've never been metalcore. It just goes to show how ignorant people are to what really classifies a genre. You don't get to look at the band members, go "oh they look like metalcore alright" and then cast them into that genre. That isn't how it works. TBDM have never had any of the requirements (chugging riffs, breakdowns, straight-edge ideology, whiny lyrics) so I just find it retarded to see people call them that like they can use it as a legitimate excuse for not liking them.
----
15.07.2011 - 01:01
Rating: 6
Horus
Dont know what genre are they, dont give a fuck if they have scene fans etc. Got the album and listened to it without any predjudice. Did not find anything outstanding nor memorable.
15.07.2011 - 02:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by The Benighted on 09.07.2011 at 20:02

People are still trying to apply the 'metalcore' tag to TBDM? They've never been metalcore. It just goes to show how ignorant people are to what really classifies a genre. You don't get to look at the band members, go "oh they look like metalcore alright" and then cast them into that genre. That isn't how it works. TBDM have never had any of the requirements (chugging riffs, breakdowns, straight-edge ideology, whiny lyrics) so I just find it retarded to see people call them that like they can use it as a legitimate excuse for not liking them.

They have chugging riffs and they have breakdowns as well (but then again so has thrash and old school death metal) and as for metalcore you don't straight edge ideology for that or whiny lyrics. Loads of metalcore band (I am talking about what people call metalcore nowadays which really isn't metalcore tbh) don't have those at all.
TBDM are modern day metalcore or even Gothenburg, but do NOT dare call them melodic death metal cause they don't have anything that qualifies as that.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.07.2011 - 07:54
The Benighted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.07.2011 at 02:27

They have chugging riffs and they have breakdowns as well (but then again so has thrash and old school death metal) and as for metalcore you don't straight edge ideology for that or whiny lyrics. Loads of metalcore band (I am talking about what people call metalcore nowadays which really isn't metalcore tbh) don't have those at all.
TBDM are modern day metalcore or even Gothenburg, but do NOT dare call them melodic death metal cause they don't have anything that qualifies as that.

I'm calling them melodic death metal. Deal with the fact that I have a differing opinion.
----
15.07.2011 - 09:46
DjentDude
It's melodic death metal but with a NWoAHM (Lamb of God, Trivium, Shadows Fall) edge. Its death metal that is like teetering on the edge of being metalcore lol
15.07.2011 - 09:58
JD
Account deleted
Written by The Benighted on 15.07.2011 at 07:54

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.07.2011 at 02:27

I'm calling them melodic death metal. Deal with the fact that I have a differing opinion.

Well said.

Hits total: 13821 | This month: 38